**Official** Training Camp News & Scheisse [Football Talk Only]

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
On separate notes. Darius Slayton is playing with the third team for NYG and Mims’ agent was at camp today as well with rumors swirling that he wants to get dealt.

Both of those guys are super intriguing talents that could become available.

Problem is it's very late to add a WR and have them know the playbook and develop a rapport with Fields. But at the least the asking price will be much cheaper. Send the Giants Jenkins for Slayton and a 6th. They just lost an OG for the year(if Jenkins isn't in the plans)

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I want to clean up my one too many post from last night. Too many glasses of wine. Back to Wiederer, I was a little harsh on the guy last night. That said, I do stand by what I wrote in saying, the guy is simply too negative. I don't want a Reporter blowing sunshine every day.... but I also don't want a reporter telling me the sky is falling every day. A good reporter should be somewhere in the middle, and skew one direction or the other depending upon the topic. If you are already skewed a particular direction (which Wiederer is) before writing or speaking a single word, then whatever you say or write cannot be considered fair and objective -- which is what a Bears beat reporter should be.

I think people see this... it took a while... but generally people finally see this in him and that is why he is catching heat right now. I mean, lets give these guys a shot first, before anyone starts dumping all over them.
It’s not just him though. I mean Hoge and Jahns are even catching flak and those two are the best Bears beats IMO. There’s just a large segment of the fan base that’s very loud and wants nothing but sunshine pumped up their ass.

You know when these guys will report good stuff? When the Bears give them good stuff to report.

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
Problem is it's very late to add a WR and have them know the playbook and develop a rapport with Fields. But at the least the asking price will be much cheaper. Send the Giants Jenkins for Slayton and a 6th. They just lost an OG for the year(if Jenkins isn't in the plans)

I see your Slayton, but I read it as Toney, LFG

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

I mean they still have a month of camp and a 17 game season. I think that’s plenty of time. Not as ideal as a whole off-season or course. ?‍♂️

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Why not just wait and see what there is with Pringle esq and Harry?

RubberBanMan

I’m just a fan
Donator
Liked Posts:

Ya i just watched Jenkins with the media and he says “right now” twice at the start regarding being a bear which sounds like he isn’t going to be there long term

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Ya i just watched Jenkins with the media and he says “right now” twice at the start regarding being a bear which sounds like he isn’t going to be there long term
I thought when asked about the trade rumors and talking to poles his answer about only discussing that with his agent said a lot about where he's at too

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I may be wrong on this but I think he’s be a tackle his entire career.
he has.
I may be wrong on this but I think he’s be a tackle his entire career.
Played some G in college and has said he's willing to play there in the past. I don't expect it as he prefers T but he's built more like a G and a better run blocker than pass protector. I'm happy to have him play RT if that's how it goes down.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Man DeAndre Baker has been a massive bust, not a Ryan Pace massive bust, but close.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
OK my “theory” now is he wants to be traded. (For whatever reason). Maybe Braxton being LT1

Bears took calls…. Nobody wanted him for anything worth trading for.

Bears said he’s staying here until a team gives them something of value. Player or draft pick.

He now has to play in preseason to put some good tape out there and up his value. (He’s not happy about it)

?‍♂️

(Pure speculation I know)

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Bro what website is this ?
Draftsharks. I just googled mims injury history and it pops up. After you view their page a time or 2 paywall pops up.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
OK my “theory” now is he wants to be traded. (For whatever reason). Maybe Braxton being LT1

Bears took calls…. Nobody wanted him for anything worth trading for.

Bears said he’s staying here until a team gives them something of value. Player or draft pick.

He now has to play in preseason to put some good tape out there and up his value. (He’s not happy about it)

?‍♂️

(Pure speculation I know)
While I doubt this is the case, if he was having an ego issue, fielding calls could have simply been to show him he has no value and put him in his place.