My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
He should have just gone out there and proved his worth in camp. He might even have that new deal by now if he had.

I mean this is injury protection for him. I’m typically pro player in these negotiations. I think he is strong arming them to get something done

He should have.gotten an agent

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
Pittsburg was able to keep Antonio Brown around for a few years. How long will Pickens last before he loses his welcome there?
i was keeping an eye on trubisky and pittsburgh had WRs out at practice and Pickens was the clear number 1 and apparently dropped a couple tds...he's an enticing talent but I think has a degree of instability that Poles is not down with

Visionman

Liked Posts:
I mean this is injury protection for him. I’m typically pro player in these negotiations. I think he is strong arming them to get something done
If it was the same regime and defensive system, I’d agree. But they feel Roquan needs to show his value as a WLB/MLB to deserve that type of contract. And his actions and words have done anything but endear him to a staff that’s about earning it on the field…

The Big Grabowski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

He should have.gotten an agent
That was my first thought. I’m not sure he has the leverage he thinks given the Bears aren’t expected to be competitive this year.

I usually side with players but this looks bad for him having held out as a rookie over contract language there as well. I can’t see a high enough pick coming back to make a trade work.

I’d have to see more details on the deal, but I would think the Bears have to backload the contract to fit under the cap.