BREAKING NEWS: Roquan Smith Wants OUT!

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Maybe if he rushed the passer, generated turnovers or could take an opponents number one receiver out of the game another team would be willing to inherit this headache. But absent any of those elite traits he's not worth it. He's not really even worth this fifth year option money.

This is probably what the Bears told him and he got mega butthurt over it. But the truth is that's the perception around the league.

This trade demand seems like a half baked idea that probably sounded great in his head but is going to quickly unravel.

SD Bears Fan

Liked Posts:
Management > Labor

Absolutely!!!!!!!

I have no sympathy for guys that will make more in one year than most of us will make the rest of our lives. There are very few players in the league that are irreplaceable. He's not one of them. He could be replaced in the next draft easily.

Just like most players, they think they are worth more than they are and more important than they are. On the flip side, all it takes is one organization to value him. I just hope it's not the Bears. We have so many holes in an offensive league that spending money on Roquan would be foolish.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
What’s lost in all this drama is erik sports mockery lambert’s excellent observation that by making his trade request public, roquan is exercising leverage with the chicago bears. In the past, disgruntled bears lbs have crashed their lambos on the edens, become obese, and/or just started playing like shit to express their dissatisfaction with their contracts wirh the team

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
if a team offers a 2nd rd pick for him, i'd trade him in a heartbeat. Smith has value for teams running a 3-4 like the broncos, dolphins or jags...

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He's under contract. I get wanting an extension in a contract year but he's never even played the position he's assuming. I can see both sides of this. He want FA money and I don't blame him but the Bear can get a FA for that next year as well. Security works both ways. Want it early at a position that you haven't shown in, make a bit of a compromise.

This is trying to get fans to pressure Poles to pay. Everything I've seen about this regime is that this tact will bare no fruit other than maybe Poles calling his bluff.

Bears played nickel 75-80% of time last year in a 4-3. Same thing he will do under Flus. Pretending WILL is some drastic change doesn't make sense and Quan is smart enough to know that.

Pay him or trade him. Just about every other star player going into last year gets an extension or a trade.

Last edited:

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Bears don't value Roquan Smith. I have no problem if the Bears dump Smith as long as the get better in the long run.

I never have an issue with getting rid of talent. Its the lack of replacing/accumulating talent that pisses me off.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
The hard truth is you can get seventy-five percent of what Roquan Smith brings for like fifteen percent of the money.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Bears played nickel 75-80% of time last year in a 4-3. Seem thing he will do under Flus.

Pay him or trade him. Just about every other star player going into last year gets an extension or a trade.
Sounds like they're willing to PAY him but Roquan still overvalues himself.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
I had the scoop last night but just don't run to a computer like you do, or sleep in front of a computer like you do but i also don't live in mommies basement.

#Loser
I dont have a smartphone either. #NokiaGang

Bear_Assed

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nothing good was happening before. At the very least, it's the same position we have been in for a long time.
That’s the attitude the McCaskeys love their fans to have. Why make improvements when fans are content with mediocrity

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Roquan Smith would be the difference between winning about six games this year and winning about six games this year.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Roquan has zero leverage. Show up or get fined.

I realize he's the best player on the defense and is honestly one of my more fav players but strong arming isn't going to do shit.

Show up or pay the fine

His leverage is he can poison what Flus is trying to do culture wise if the players side with him and feel like this org won't reward players for their hard work. That locker room will be watching how this unfolds.

SD Bears Fan

Liked Posts:
Bears played nickel 75-80% of time last year in a 4-3. Seem thing he will do under Flus.

He's not a star. He's a star on a very bad team like the Bears. From a whole league perspective, he's not a star.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I had the scoop last night but just don't run to a computer like you do, or sleep in front of a computer like you do but i also don't live in mommies basement.

#Loser
Been here 3 years longer than you and have less posts.... #DongBearsEatsLives&SleepsCCSBecauseHeHasNoFriendsOrHasEverHadConsensualSex

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Poles is an inexperienced GM and these things are going to happen. All that matters to me is if he can acquire talent through the draft. This is not the first time a player has requested a trade over contract negotiations.. and it won't be the last. Let's see how this thing ends before we cry a river.
Roquan is significantly less experienced in contract negotiations.

SD Bears Fan

Liked Posts:
The hard truth is you can get seventy-five percent of what Roquan Smith brings for like fifteen percent of the money.

You draft Will Anderson from Alabama and get more than what Smith brings to the table.....................and it will be cheaper.

SD Bears Fan

Liked Posts:
That’s the attitude the McCaskeys love their fans to have. Why make improvements when fans are content with mediocrity

I'm not content. I just recognize what has been happening and don't get mad about it. I don't get mad about sports period.