**Official** Training Camp News & Scheisse [Football Talk Only]

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
ok, let's play.

Resigning Smith -20 mil

Extending Kmet/Johnson/Mooney -20 mil
(of course you could wait, and then have another smith situation on your hands next year)

Replace at least one O-lineman -10 mil
add one decent WR -12 mil
replace edge -12 mil
fill remaining roster -20 mil

And those are all ho-hum mid level signings

You do understand that we have 45 players currently under contract for the 2023 season AND still have 90+ mil in cap space before any restructuring etc.

Even if you add 10 mil to fill out the last six spots through draft (only top 51 count toward cap) we have 80 mil to upgrade our roster.

Extending all 3 of Kmet/Johnson/Mooney likely won't affect the cap space in 2023 as the cap hits wont kick in until after their rookie contract ends.

Resigning and even overpaying Roquan is fine by me. Ok that's 20 mil gone if you want to be generous to him.

I'm not sure if there is going to be a top WR hit the market next year. But say we find another guy like ARob for 15 mil.

I'm really not sure we will need to splash big at OL next offseason. If Braxton Jones plays well at LT and Teven Jenkins/Larry Borom find their footing at RT or a Guard spot then we may be fine. But let's say we don't find anyone and end up having to paying someone 15-18 mil to fix the position...ok, fine.

That still gives us 27 mil to play with. We could sign multiple mid-tier players. DLineman, Edge Rushers etc.

It's plenty of money to get everything done and more. The key is not to spend wastefully just because we have the space to do so.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

I know it’s training camp and this all can be a mirage…..

BUT…. right now…. it looks like Poles nailed this draft. Maybe people should lay off him a bit and the guy might actually be good?

Again…. I know it’s training camp so this could go down the shiter fast. Just saying the extremely early comments on this class have been intriguing if nothing else.