Roquan taken off the PUP list

SugabearMVP

Liked Posts:
Looks like Trace Armstrong told him, "hey kid, let me take care of this."

SugabearMVP

Liked Posts:
this has Trace's name all over it if a deal gets done.
The guy represents the guy (Poles) who is having a hard time signing you. Trace should know how to get a deal done between all the parties.

SugabearMVP

Liked Posts:
You mean the Bears shadow team president?
You mean the guy that should have been the president from day 1? We know he can work a contract, and man, imagine if he can put together a solid roster.

msadows

Liked Posts:
If this isn't to sign or trade him and they start fining him, this has the potential to blow up in Poles face.

Potential?

No better way to tell potential free agents to fuck off than treat your current upcoming FA players like trash.

We're going to be the team giving out those Kirk deals if we start fining roquan. Players will always side with him. Would be a very bad look.

Bronek

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Georgia Bulldogs
"If this isn't to sign or trade him and they start fining him, this has the potential to blow up in Poles face."

How? Roquan is still under contract..

Liked Posts:
Potential?

No better way to tell potential free agents to fuck off than treat your current upcoming FA players like trash.

We're going to be the team giving out those Kirk deals if we start fining roquan. Players will always side with him. Would be a very bad look.
Meh, bears have nothing to lose honestly. Poles doesn’t give a fuck, and it’s kinda funny ngl. The Kirk example is a complete outlier.

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
If this isn't to sign or trade him and they start fining him, this has the potential to blow up in Poles face.
Oh well, you win some you lose some. Seems like both sides do here. Unless the next linebacker shows up. I mean, Chicago does get lucky with linebackers.

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Ro isn't the first or the last person to demand a trade and not get his way. This is a business and he's under contract. If he wants to pay to sit, then so be it

greg23

Liked Posts:
It was always a courtesy to Roquan to place him on the PUP (and possibly not legit per the rules) so taking him off had to happen at some point.

Fining him is now an option for the Bears; who can use that as a negotiation tactic to get him to the table (or a firm deadline before fines begin) and get something worked out over the next few weeks.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I don't think Poles cares if that's the case. I don't see it as blowing up in his face. He's rightfully pisssed and hurt, screw Roquan and fine him. Poles did the guy a solid by putting him on PUP and Smith says all that negative crap

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
If he starts the season on the PUP list, he can't practice for 4 weeks. If he's medically cleared to practice, I am sure there is some sort of NFLPA rule in here to protect players from being in the 'doghouse' or something. I doubt Poles had much control over any of this.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
If true....sounds like Poles is playing hardball.

Quan is about to get fined.

Poles should've never gave him that softball. That was a very good faith move and Smith shit all over it.
I wasn't happy holding out going into the 5th year as it was but the request would guarantee he gets traded. I figure he doesn't want to be here so we may as well get what we can and send him to an even worse situation.