BREAKING NEWS: Roquan Smith Wants OUT!

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Every tweet I've seen from people who actually know shit, has stated that Quan has no leverage. But somehow you think you know better

And yes, the Bears can tag him for the next 2 seasons and it probably won't amount to the money he wants per year.
Bears tagged AR, how did that work out for you numb nuts?

greg23

Liked Posts:

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Yeah pretty poorly for the Bears. They should have dealt him. The Giants gave twenty million a year to Kenny Golladay, I'm sure the Bears could've found someone willing to give a first round pick for a much better player.

I dont think this comes to a franchise tag situation though.

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

And he could have been tagged again but the tag price was not worth it for the production he had. Dont really see how replacing 500 yards is some huge loss

Tagging Roquan would be worth the price and as ARob showed, you slack and you dont get what you're asking for

So thats an incentive to play well for him. In the meantime his replacement can be drafted next offseason

SD Bears Fan

Liked Posts:
I disagree, they extended Whitehair, EJ, Cohen. Every one of those could be considered a big mistake, Name a homegrown top tier talent or any talent they have failed to re-sign that has gone on to make it a mistake by the Bears. Jefferey, Amos,Forte, Cutler,Marshall, M Bennett...none of them amounted to much after the Bears let them go.

Fact is the Bears have had very little top tier talent to be concerned with losing for a long time. And the one they are in a contract dispute now, is at a low priority position, and has a history of being kind of emo.

Well said and great point!

If this was a somewhat decent team with not too many holes, I would say sign him even though he's still not worth that much money.

Since this team is an embarrassment from a talent standpoint and we have a supposed franchise QB we need to help, signing a guy to the richest contract at a low priority position would be such a Bears thing to do.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
And he could have been tagged again but the tag price was not worth it for the production he had. Dont really see how replacing 500 yards is some huge loss

Tagging Roquan would be worth the price and as ARob showed, you slack and you dont get what you're asking for

So thats an incentive to play well for him. In the meantime his replacement can be drafted next offseason
None of that gibberish answers my question, so I will try it again.

Read it slowly this time....................

H o w
d i d
t a g g i n g
A R
w o r k
o u t
f o r
t h e
B e a r s ?

SD Bears Fan

Liked Posts:
I think he deserves to be paid by the Bears or traded to someone that will pay him.

As with every other position, salaries increase year over year. Quan is clearly a top 5 off ball LB and thus should get a deal around 20m or so.

If he were drafted in the 2nd round like Warner and Leonard he would already be a FA or extended.

I also said from before the draft if they werent prepared to meet his demands then trade him. We are not SB contenders and off ball LB is not a premium position so should have pulled a trigger on a trade before FA or the draft when teams had money. I would have traded him and Quinn round the same time I moved Mack instead of half assing it.

I agree 100%. Bears should have tanked without saying they were tanking. Keeping Quinn on a noncompetitive team when you could have traded him after arguably his best season and gotten something to help the future was dumb.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Every tweet I've seen from people who actually know shit, has stated that Quan has no leverage. But somehow you think you know better

And yes, the Bears can tag him for the next 2 seasons and it probably won't amount to the money he wants per year.
He also thinks he is getting $200M and that he is going to sit out the season. Both are comically ignorant opinions.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He also thinks he is getting $200M and that he is going to sit out the season. Both are comically ignorant opinions.
Haven't I embarrassed you enough yet? never said he would sit out the season, I said he could choose to sit out 1/2 the season.
Ignorance starts when you don't even understand what was said.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Please provide links from any posts sat afternoon thru Tuesday at 6am after this one

Post in thread 'Teven Jenkins won't disclose injury' Teven Jenkins won't disclose injury
I'm not here to do your research. I've already done enough and disproven your claim that he hasn't been posting during the timeframe you said he wasn't posting. Also: Not posting /= banned. Am I to assume whenever you aren't posting, that you've been banned again? That's just silly. Admit it.

PS - @Grimson are you banned?

Montucky

Liked Posts:
I agree 100%. Bears should have tanked without saying they were tanking. Keeping Quinn on a noncompetitive team when you could have traded him after arguably his best season and gotten something to help the future was dumb.
The Bears want to develop their two secondary draft picks, bring Eddie Jackson back to form and get Jaylon Johnson to find the next level to his game. Best way to do that is put a good pass rush in front of them. It also helps Dominique Wilkinson and Trevis Gipson develop too. Keeping Robert Quinn makes a lot of sense due to the impact his position has.

Roquan Smith? Not really.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Figured you were talking about whoever must have reported your post to make Nvan step in and warn you. That led me to say "this time" because i probably report 3-4 of your posts in that thread every day. Use what little brain you have left. Why would i lie about a post that was literally right where you can see no more than an hour ago?

Imagine thinking i would be too scared to be honest with you, a 60 year old fragile boned, mush brained moron who actually melts down on a daily.

Its funny that once again you've provided a link to something you actually believe, rather than the 10,000 cases of you lying on CCS and then never providing proof when asked for it. You never fail to show your ass.
giphy.gif

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I'm not here to do your research. I've already done enough and disproven your claim that he hasn't been posting during the timeframe you said he wasn't posting. Also: Not posting /= banned. Am I to assume whenever you aren't posting, that you've been banned again? That's just silly. Admit it.

PS - @Grimson are you banned?
@greg23 - looks like he's NOT banned, he just liked this post. I don't believe users can like posts if they are banned. He is up pretty early today though, looks like, or he's stayed up late because that's like 5 am or so right now in Singapore.

@Grimson thanks for liking my post and not being banned.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
It's 5:30AM in Singapore, wtf you doing on this message board at that hour on vacay?
i'm not there and he's not messaging me back on Whatsapp so I'm afraid I don't know. But I do know it's also a biz trip so maybe he's preparing a powerpoint or something? I'll ask and get back to you.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
What's sad is you're mad.
your boy gets almost disturbingly bitter that I went to South America for a few months. get him started on it and he's even denial it happened. really interferes with something in his head, idk...you both are fucking creeps.