dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
And it was no longer in this thread until you made sure to invite it in, so congrats. Also the sexual tension jab wasn’t needed and prob not what we’re looking for in this thread moving forward. Thanks
@nvanprooyen

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
The only thing I see going for them is they apparently have a state of the art modern training center. Congrats, they just caught up to the 2010 Oregon Ducks.
ahhh yes the old Hub Arkush Ryan Pace defense.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I am willing to bet he fired his agent, an agent thought to be really good around the NFL, because the agent was real with him and told him no way he's getting $100m. He honestly has had one off the field incident after another.

At this point, Smith is a headache. I'd trade him before he goes all Alonzo Spellman and we catch him walking down an expressway naked.
I'm leaning towards trading him as well especially if we can get a 1st round pick plus for him. If this team wasn't as torn down as it is and ready to win it would be different but i think he's replaceable. If they keep him i'm fine with that as well but for multiple picks i'm trading him.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
You asked for an example. You did not put a time limit on it.

Poles was going to overpay for Larry O so no don't think overpaying is behind us just yet.

I have no problem with Poles outside of his handling of Quan thus far.

Actually I did.
The whole players won't play for mean franchises without huge verpays is a fictitious point that exists only in your head

Please cite 3 examples in the last 5 seasons of a player, any player, not named Tom Brady, taking a significantly lesser deal for any reason when having a choice of offers, let alone stating he did it even partially based on the reason being team friendliness reputation.

How about 1 example?
But hey, one guy that said he took less because he liked the idea of playing near home and didn't mention the 5% less in taxes he would owe vs playing in Chicago. Good work. Not sure how the Bears will even field a team next year after their handling of Boboquan

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Actually I did.

But hey, one guy that said he took less because he liked the idea of playing near home and didn't mention the 5% less in taxes he would owe vs playing in Chicago. Good work. Not sure how the Bears will even field a team next year after their handling of Boboquan

2017 is last 5 seasons as 2022 hasn't happened yet.

Don't think guys will admit they didn't sign because Bears are a shit show. Again doesn't make sense to burn bridges.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I'm leaning towards trading him as well especially if we can get a 1st round pick plus for him. If this team wasn't as torn down as it is and ready to win it would be different but i think he's replaceable. If they keep him i'm fine with that as well but for multiple picks i'm trading him.

Thing is, word will be out on him. No way we get a 1st round, and I think even a 2nd rounder would be lucky now that this fiasco happened of Smith's buddy being an idiot and calling NFL teams without knowing how anything works.

I think a 3rd round pick is realistic, because it also somewhat insulates the team receiving him in case he act like an ass there, by not being so damaging they can't cut him. Its like Smith wants to be in the same category as Antonio Brown.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
2017 is last 5 seasons as 2022 hasn't happened yet.
He signed during the 2017 free agency off season
Since then their has been
1-2018,
2-2019,
3-2020,
4-2021,
5-2022

That is, as the Sesame Street Count would say that's five , five off seasons.

Or are you somehow going to say March 9, 2017 was less than 5 years ago?

VickAshley✅️verified

✅️ verified member - He/Him/Himselve/Sir
Liked Posts:
I am willing to bet he fired his agent, an agent thought to be really good around the NFL, because the agent was real with him and told him no way he's getting $100m. He honestly has had one off the field incident after another.

At this point, Smith is a headache. I'd trade him before he goes all Alonzo Spellman and we catch him walking down an expressway naked.
I am willing to take your bet about him firing his agent if you would like to state the terms and I find them to be acceptable.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He signed during the 2017 free agency off season
Since then their has been
1-2018,
2-2019,
3-2020,
4-2021,
5-2022

That is, as the Sesame Street Count would say that's five , five off seasons.

Or are you somehow going to say April 2017 was less than 5 years ago?

You did not say off season. You said season. The 2022 season has not started yet. So the last 5 seasons are 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, and 2021.

Thanks for playing.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
My problem with that?

It would be that some people DO try to sleep it off and not drive by sleeping in the one location where they are not exposed to everything on the street, their cars. Yet they get arrested for DUI because they had their keys on them while trying to sleep it off.

Did you not get that?
Don’t really care. I didn’t make the rules.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
You did not say off season. You said season. The 2022 season has not started yet. So the last 5 seasons are 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, and 2021.

Thanks for playing.
Dude you are clinical.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Dude you are clinical.

You should endeavor to speak more clearly next time before talking about Sesame Street. My response met the parameters you stated.

napo55

Liked Posts:
Has nothing to do with the GM when the player doesn't even have an agent and clearly doesn't understand how the league works if he has someone calling teams on his behalf who isn't a certified agent
It's especially up to the GM when dealing with a player without an agent. A good GM would understand that you treat him differently than you would an agent.

VickAshley✅️verified

✅️ verified member - He/Him/Himselve/Sir
Liked Posts:

I am willing to take your bet about him firing his agent if you would like to state the terms and I find them to be acceptable.

I will literally bet you .5 ETH that Roquan did NOT fire his agent due to this new contract negotiation.