**Official** Training Camp News & Scheisse [Football Talk Only]

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Lots of very good football players aren't necessarily the brightest lights in the socket. The idea is to accumulate the best players, regardless of how smart or sophisticated they are.
But not to overpay for them or let them completely dictate the terms of their negotiations and the conditions under which they fulfill their contract, right? Because that hinders your ability to accumulate the best players.

napo55

Liked Posts:
But not to overpay for them or let them completely dictate the terms of their negotiations and the conditions under which they fulfill their contract, right? Because that hinders your ability to accumulate the best players.
I agree with that. The point I'm trying to make is that negotiating tactics should be tailored to the individual, especially where an emotional person like Roquan is acting as his own agent.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Not the same situation. That would be next season if he's under the tag. Hes not a franchise tagged player. He's under contract

This is a stupid response. In both cases you have guys with one year left that would prefer a long term contract. Whether tagged or on a 5th year option the point is forcing a guy that doesn't want to play for you to play is not likely to end well for the team.

Last edited:

PackerNation

Winning Is A Habit
Liked Posts:
Love is looking great. I wonder if he'll throw 4 or 5 INTs tonight. What do you think? At least 4 in the first half, right?
J-Love was fine. 13-of-24 for 176 yards, 2TDs.

Yes, he had 3 picks. 2 were passes that should have been caught by the receiver. One was not good. Are you in a folding chair waiting for a parade? The first part of the game was the Packers backups against the Niners starters. It will look ugly here and there in the preseason. 22 players didn't even dress. Again, J-Love was fine.

Ryan Wood, who is one of the better Packers beat writers:
Screenshot_20220813-040345_(1).png

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
LOL, a non apology apology.

I'm sorry you aren't able to enjoy the situation of my unwelcomed ejaculate on your face.
He looks like he's thinking about ejaculating in her face

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Cmon man. Can you all just be adults? All you are doing here is inviting personal bullshit into this thread, which I'm trying hard to squash while remaining fair.

I don't like banning people, and frankly, I've got more important things to do with my time than chasing down reports trying to figure out who started what, where. My patience is running thin though. I'm gonna start banning anyone who even remotely baits, trolls or otherwise brings these threads off track.

Please be better.

cc: @Anytime23 @dabears70
Reported

dennehy

Liked Posts:
I agree with that. The point I'm trying to make is that negotiating tactics should be tailored to the individual, especially where an emotional person like Roquan is acting as his own agent.
I get that, I'm just not sure that anyone has enough info to make the judgement he's going about it in the wrong way.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Gotta love those takes:

2 INT'S weren't on the QB! (Which isn't true, the poorly thrown ball to the TE was on the QB)
This reminds me of the Cutler defense.
Love was a turnover machine his last year in college. And will be again in the NFL, wherever he gets to start

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
He signed during the 2017 free agency off season
Since then their has been
1-2018,
2-2019,
3-2020,
4-2021,
5-2022

That is, as the Sesame Street Count would say that's five , five off seasons.

Or are you somehow going to say March 9, 2017 was less than 5 years ago?
Before, did you say seasons or off-seasons?

Honestly, not sure but that would be a game changer one way or another.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Are you under the assumption that its the GM at the negotiating table?

Regardless, giving in to a players demands isn't what makes a good GM
Are YOU under the assumption that the GM doesn't have final say in what is going to be offered in a contract?

He does not have to be sitting across the table from Roquan, but he certainly is going to be the final word in what if going to be offered.

Either that or Ryan Pace is off the hook for all of those terrible contracts he gave out because then it was the negotiator who offered players the crazy money when Pace wanted to offer every single player league minimum but the negotiator give the players crazy money behind Pace's back.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Sorry Jo Jo my reading comprehension is not too good today. Gotta give up this day drinking.
No worries. Save some of the alcohol saved from the day drinking for this afternoon drinking (Saturday).

You can make a game of it. Every time a Bears QB is under center, you drink. If a Bears QB mistakenly sets up under any position which is not the center position, drink a 5th of your favorite beverage.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So was ARob and that did not work out well for the Bears. He sucked for us and left for zero compensation.
A year earlier and 2 years of meh will certainly limit his deal. I already addressed this regarding AR. He could have got more from the Bear contract than the $15m he's making now. In Quans case, his tag # is lower than the average salary he's looking for and if he loafs, it will be less the next year, wherever he plays, just like AR.

Last edited: