Justin Fields after a few preseason series.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Obviously, it's waaaay too early, and it's only preseason. But we need something to talk about.

But I've gotta say - so far - he's done nothing to make me think he's a game changing QB - the kind you would use an additional 1st round pick on. (Gotta be careful how you word trade-ups because some guys cry so hard when you say "spent two firsts for.")

The lob pass to Mooney was more about Mooney...but the pass to the Tajae Sharpe was great placement by Fields AND a great catch by Sharpe.

IDK, nothing has changed for me and maybe it will....but I'm not seeing "special" like in Watson's first year.

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
He looked fine today. Nothing you can really take away, positively or negatively, about his performance in limited reps, in pre-season no less.

The one gripe I've always had with him is that he only seems to look smooth when he's outside of the pocket. His in the pocket suddenness and mobility doesn't seem to be there right now. Everything looks overly mechanical.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
He looked fine today. Nothing you can really take away, positively or negatively, about his performance in limited reps, in pre-season no less.

The one gripe I've always had with him is that he only seems to look smooth when he's outside of the pocket. His in the pocket suddenness doesn't seem to be there right now. Everything looks overly mechanical.
I didn’t love the deflected throw (flashbacks to grossman throwing a pick six to a defensive lineman) but I agree he looked better

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Obviously, it's waaaay too early, and it's only preseason. But we need something to talk about.

But I've gotta say - so far - @Black Rainbow has done nothing to make me think he's anything but a hater.

IDK, nothing has changed for me and maybe it will....but I'm not seeing "special" like the Half of Fame posters such as myself.

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
They need to change the offense.. only run 15+ yard pass plays and JF scrambles.. superbowl

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:

But I've gotta say - so far - he's done nothing to make me think he's a game changing QB - the kind you would use an additional 1st round pick on. (Gotta be careful how you word trade-ups because some guys cry so hard when you say "spent two firsts for.")

The lob pass to Mooney was more about Mooney...but the pass to the Tajae Sharpe was great placement by Fields AND a great catch by Sharpe.

IDK, nothing has changed for me and maybe it will....but I'm not seeing "special" like in Watson's first year.
How was the pass to Mooney not great placement by Fields? I’m curious to hear this answer

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:

But I've gotta say - so far - @Black Rainbow has done nothing to make me think he's anything but a hater.

IDK, nothing has changed for me and maybe it will....but I'm not seeing "special" like the Half of Fame posters such as myself.
Well done.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
The whole offense was slow af (expected). The timing will come

BearClaw55

SELL THE TEAM
Donator
Liked Posts:

The one gripe I've always had with him is that he only seems to look smooth when he's outside of the pocket. His in the pocket suddenness and mobility doesn't seem to be there right now. Everything looks overly mechanical.

I agree with your Fields in the pocket assessment. Also to add I would like to see him step up when pressured and not try to go around the dline-men (to fast in the NFL). When Fields got sacked I think if he steps up into the pocket & moves left he avoids a sack at minimum loses less yards. Schofield did Fields no favors but I would like to see Fields navigate the pocket a little better.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
it was great placement

black rainbow is full of shit
Standard back shoulder throw. Easy money. Man coverage, corner in trail technique. Should be close to automatic. Rogers has torched us with this exact play for years. Takes some chemistry which is what those two have been working on all off-season.

J2hotnspicyy

Liked Posts:
His passing is smooth, I think he has it there. Its his pocket presence awkwardness and late slides, his uncertain decisions that I think concern me

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini

Do u see the offense scheme taking advantage of his skill set?