Justin Fields after a few preseason series.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I agree with your Fields in the pocket assessment. Also to add I would like to see him step up when pressured and not try to go around the dline-men (to fast in the NFL). When Fields got sacked I think if he steps up into the pocket & moves left he avoids a sack at minimum loses less yards. Schofield did Fields no favors but I would like to see Fields navigate the pocket a little better.

The DE would have had him dead to rights as he had LT Jones pushed back a good bit. A step up into the pocket was an easy sack for the DE.

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm not saying Fields did anything, he didn't. But with the Oline playing as they did on the right side... I'll take my chances with the next game please.

Camden Cutler

Black Boy Fly
Liked Posts:
this dude doesn't miss a beat

giphy.gif

Bust

Liked Posts:
Obviously, it's waaaay too early, and it's only preseason. But we need something to talk about.

But I've gotta say - so far - he's done nothing to make me think he's a game changing QB - the kind you would use an additional 1st round pick on. (Gotta be careful how you word trade-ups because some guys cry so hard when you say "spent two firsts for.")

The lob pass to Mooney was more about Mooney...but the pass to the Tajae Sharpe was great placement by Fields AND a great catch by Sharpe.

IDK, nothing has changed for me and maybe it will....but I'm not seeing "special" like in Watson's first year.

Well put! The truth hurts to some.

First half looked like a nagy run offense . . .

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Do u see the offense scheme taking advantage of his skill set?
This board was talking about more roll-outs and I saw one for a very minimal gain.

This board was all about play action and roll-outs, and so far I didn't see anything about Fields that made me think he's special in this game. We'll see if it continues, but with our luck he's not going to be definitive in year 2 and then that's a problem.

mecha

Liked Posts:
dude. it was the first game of the preseason. it's about as meaningful as those practices they've had the last month.

the Chiefs played like it was a real game. the Bears didn't. the Bears won. that's about the only meaningful element to take away. oh, and the offensive line apparently still sucks.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
This board was talking about more roll-outs and I saw one for a very minimal gain.

This board was all about play action and roll-outs, and so far I didn't see anything about Fields that made me think he's special in this game. We'll see if it continues, but with our luck he's not going to be definitive in year 2 and then that's a problem.
Your seriously freaking out over 1 roll out? Get a fucking grip

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Obviously, it's waaaay too early, and it's only preseason. But we need something to talk about.

But I've gotta say - so far - he's done nothing to make me think he's a game changing QB - the kind you would use an additional 1st round pick on. (Gotta be careful how you word trade-ups because some guys cry so hard when you say "spent two firsts for.")

The lob pass to Mooney was more about Mooney...but the pass to the Tajae Sharpe was great placement by Fields AND a great catch by Sharpe.

IDK, nothing has changed for me and maybe it will....but I'm not seeing "special" like in Watson's first year.
Seems weird that you thought it needed to be announced that you don't think much of Fields

We all know you here

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Seems weird that you thought it needed to be announced that you don't think much of Fields

We all know you here
Seems weird to state what I think about the Bears QB on a Bears board...?

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
Well, Watson had to play to the cheers of YOU SICK FUCK, so I'm glad the Bears don't have that pervert right now. Fields seems like an actual decent human being. I'm good with him being the QB.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Probably going to take longer then one game and a handful of practices

You should have said "one quarter." Those that were expecting the greatest show on turf right from the get-go will be disappointed. It's going to be a long season with growing pains; I'm more interested to see how the offense runs in the last 5 games of the year. Never change CCS

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Do u see the offense scheme taking advantage of his skill set?

Your first sentence spoke to the offense scheme. Lets stick to the O-scheme. Thus far..... What do u see this offensive system doing to help Fields vs the last regime?

What are u seeing that should be done to max Fields' skill set in this offensive scheme ? Again offensive scheme is our
focus.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
I dont think Fields performance moved the needle for anyone. Its a small sample size of exactly what we saw last year from him. His fanclub is going to look to his throw to Mooney and Sharpe along with his running for a 1st down and justification of his greatness, while his skeptics are going to look at his terrible pocket presence, holding onto the ball to long, throwing at the receivers feet, batted balls and lack to put any points on the board along with getting out played by the backup QB as reasons he might not be the answer..

Ultimately at this point both sides have a point, he does have a lot of talent and upside.. but if he cant work on his flaws and improve in that department then there is going to be problems.

This is a big year for Fields, he is going to have to show a lot of improvement otherwise Poles might be looking to draft his own QB sooner rather then later