CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats

Why does every moron with a computer think they can write? I mean FFS how are the Bears going to get in trouble for trade tampering with a player that is on their team.

:speechless:

Bears Involved With Tampering For Roquan Smith Trade A Possibility​

Could the Bears be in trouble with the Roquan Smith issue?

by
Pat Boadway

• The situation surrounding the Chicago Bears and Roquan Smith is as sticky as ever. The star linebacker has been holding out for a new deal. Until Saturday’s preseason game, where he obviously didn’t play but remained on the sidelines, Smith could have partaken in activities since being removed from the PUP list.

Now it appears that won’t be the case and there have been several inquiries about a potential trade for Roquan Smith. However, new reports from NFL Network’s Tom Pelissero, state that an individual inquiring about Smith isn’t an agent and is doing so without written consent which is in fact tampering.

Are The Bears In Trouble With Roquan Smith?​

The memo Pelissero describes states that a person who isn’t a certified agent is contacting NFL clubs about Roquan Smith. Furthermore, the memo specifically states that dealing in trade talks without written permission is tampering. Pelissero continued by quoting a specific line from the memo sent by the NFL Management Council:

So far, the Chicago Bears aren’t guilty of any tampering. But if this situation continues down this path and the NFL discovers there was some foul play, there could be more stringent discipline as the tweet above states.
Thank you for posting, and not linking, this tripe. Pat Broadway sucks.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
We have already seen what Whitehair can do at Center, he can't snap the ball.
If the unfortunate situation arises, and you would prefer Mustipher at C over Whitehair, well, there is nothing worth trying to explain to you.

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If the unfortunate situation arises, and you would prefer Mustipher at C over Whitehair, well, there is nothing worth trying to explain to you.
I'm no Mustipher fan at all. But how many Center/QB fumble exchanges are you good with in a game? If the rookie is not ready to step in then they should sign a capable backup and cut Mustipher.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
View attachment 21754

PFFs offensive line grades for preseason game 1. This is why I think their grades are shit

The point of statistics is to uncover or elucidate trends in a data set that are otherwise undetectable or counter-intuitive and to reduce the influence of bias.

They are useful only insofar as they reflect actual reality. The moment a statistical test diverges from what is observed, that test becomes junk. You throw out the test, not reality.

With pff OL grading (and some of their QB grading) they fail this basic principle of stats. Their analysis diverges so wildly from observed phenomenon that they cannot be trusted.

From what I have seen of their OL stats, it's not even the analysis that is fucked. It's their data. The way they score OL and the way they massage the data seems arbitrary half the time and overly dependent on human interpretation of individual plays, leaving them wildly inconsistent and open to bias.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
He cleaned it up once he started snapping dead balls (no spin). Either way Whitehair should be the last option at C. He’s fine where he’s at, LG is his best position.

I’m more intrigued by Jenkins at RG. He has some decent wheels for a big man and he is a mauler. I feel like I read his foot speed wasn’t great for a T but at OG that shouldn’t be a big deal as long as it is adequate. Patrick/Jenkins could also be a fairly athletic C/G combo with a mean streak opening running lanes and getting down field for Monty. RG could be his best position and I feel like it serves the team best to have a (potentially) very good RG and an adequate RT rather than adequate RG and average a RT.
What I am more curious about are the two linemen who dress on game days as backups. Borom would be a good swing tackle, seeing that he has played both RT and LT.

But who is the injury replacement at center and guard?

Musty will probably start at center until Patrick is back from injury.

Once Patrick is back ...
  • Is Musty the backup at center with Borom being the guard backup if a guard goes down?
  • Are Shofield and Borom the backups with Whitehair manning the center spot if Patrick is reinjured?
I think that this is a very important battle that I am curious how it will be addressed. After all, rarely do all 5 offensive linemen end up play all 16, let alone 17 regular season games.

msadows

Liked Posts:

Chris Simms is a fucking moron. If fields threw that ball in stride to mooney he either:

1) Gets intercepted
2) Mooney gets destroyed by the safety.

The much better and safer option was to throw a back shoulder jump ball. Yea, much lower chance of completion, but it won't get intercepted or get your guy killed.

Simms just mad that he had Zach Wilson and Kellen Mond as better qb's than Justin Fields.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
I like this, but seems like there is something with Whitehair that makes him not a great center. Like maybe he is too dumb to identify the mlb and make protection calls, idk
Well, hell. Where is it written that the center has to make the protection calls and identify the center? Maybe Borom is smart enough to do it right next to him, relieving Whitehair from that responsibility.

I am not sold on Whitehair being a great replacement center, but would you like it that the Bears relied on Musty to be the center and guard replacement if there is an injury to one of them?

msadows

Liked Posts:
Umm Mooney didn't dive forward to catch it. He slowed down and jumped. But yeah Simms is an idiot too, if he leads Mooney then it's intercepted or Mooney gets crushed

Even my dumb drunk braindead self noticed that on the replay. Live I thought it was underthrown, then on the replay they showed I realized fields gave mooney the only shot he had to complete that ball.

Simms is just as shitty at analyzing football as he is playing it.

greg23

Liked Posts:
What I am more curious about are the two linemen who dress on game days as backups. Borom would be a good swing tackle, seeing that he has played both RT and LT.

But who is the injury replacement at center and guard?

Musty will probably start at center until Patrick is back from injury.

Once Patrick is back ...
  • Is Musty the backup at center with Borom being the guard backup if a guard goes down?
  • Are Shofield and Borom the backups with Whitehair manning the center spot if Patrick is reinjured?
I think that this is a very important battle that I am curious how it will be addressed. After all, rarely do all 5 offensive linemen end up play all 16, let alone 17 regular season games.
It will prob be 8 oline that dress

Jones
Whitehair
Patrick
Schofield
Reiff
Borom
Jenkins
Mustipher/Davenport (or both if they dump Schofield or someone else they pick up of waiver wire who can play c)

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
It will prob be 8 oline that dress

Jones
Whitehair
Patrick
Schofield
Reiff
Borom
Jenkins
Mustipher/Davenport (or both if they dump Schofield or someone else they pick up of waiver wire who can play c)
Definitely will be 8 that dress

CaliBearFan

Liked Posts:
You like rearranging the deck chairs on the titanic
Is that a thought out statement or just PTSD.

If both Jones and Jenkins continue on their current progression they could be really good.
The other 3 are all knowns and should be around average at worst in this system.

Every line is kind of an unknown until the season gets going and they build unity but based on everything we have learned from training camp and the little we got from last Saturday this lineup is looking way better than anything I expected following the draft.

Baring injuries and if Jenkins is a go at guard I would be surprised if this line is not at least top 20 once we get past like week 4 which I think any of us will gladly take.