Pretzel Logic

“I have forced myself to contradict myself "
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Pittsburgh Pirates
  1. Philadelphia 76ers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Pittsburgh Penguins
Thursday nights game, all eyes glued to the O line and the internal clock of Fields.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Many cuts are coming so maybe they can swoop someone up if Kramer or Mustipher don't progress in these next couple of games. I know some have said just use Whitehair as the backup center but really would rather leave him be at LG and go with someone else.
That would probably be the intelligent thing to do, but there are so many unknowns such as will there be a center/guard who will be cut before the season that would fit in the system as an upgrade. Maybe, the Bears are forced to keep that backup guard and risk moving Whitehair to center because it was easier to have a guard replace a guard than it was to find a good center backup.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Think a major part of it is that he also is a blonde blue eyed good looking kid playing for that market....they eat it up.

That being said, I was very high on zach wilson coming out but I had the same concerns Brady Quinn had. He's done nothing to show me he can be a good NFL QB so far. Minimal tape against bad competition, but he made a ton of amazing throws in college.
Before I forget, Brady is in the media now. I can’t stand guys who shit on the industry that they themselves make a living in (political hacks are notorious for this shit). If he wants to say Wilson isn’t good, just say it. No need to preface it with that other stuff.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes this is the opposite of that back shoulder throw in camp that I debated with people. In that it was one on one and Moonry had the CB beat so you should lead him for thr TD. In this one there is a S over the top so back shoulder was the eay to go.
so you are saying Fields practiced for this exact throw.....

Last edited:

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Gotta love camp…. Teven has gone from getting cut rumors to possible starting RG in less than two weeks.
Bears beat reporters made more effort to fight over that free pizza last week than they ever do to get a story right before writing it.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
so your saying Fields practiced for this exact throw.....

I am sure he has but not on the play in question. Throwing when one on one vs when there is a S over the top is different. If you are one on one and the CB is beat then you lead the WR and it's a TD. If a S is over the top then you back shoulder to avoid the chance at an INT or the WR getting blown up by the S. Not sure why this has to be explained to you.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yips because his snaps were fine in 2016 and then he just lost it for a period of time. Like Chuck Knoblock who was a fine 2nd baseman until he just started airmailing throws from 2nd base.

He made the All Rookie team in 2016 and Pro Bowl in 2018 at C. Again think the issue was overblown. His grades at C blow Musty's out of the water.
No they weren't fine and had to be reached for a lot and I already know every other aspect of him playing center is a plus. :rolleyes:

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Bears beat reporters made more effort to fight over that free pizza last week than they ever do to get a story right before writing it.

Yeah something was up there. I don’t know what it was and we may never know. Hopefully it’s in the past.