**Official** Training Camp News & Scheisse [Football Talk Only]

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Read the article and then use your head.

An agent often leaks what he wants to help his case. Roquan as a player/agent knew that there would be a big audience on Fan Appreciation Day (or whatever it was) so he decided to be his own leak.

As for trashing the organization, is it really trashing the organization when saying what they did? Or a different question, what is worse, Roquan "trashing" the organization for saying what the organization did or the organization doing what it did?

And you were definitely one of those who completely shat on Roquan.
Visionman is to vision what a dodo bird is to flying.

I gave him the opportunity to argue a point and he just yawned. I knew that he could not have an intelligent argument, yet he came through with his visionless vision.

Like I said, Roquan acting as his own agent, for better or probably worse, did what most agents would have done, put pressure on the organization with how they treated him and how they low-balled him. Even separate agents on the ESPN article agreed that they would have done exactly what Roquan did as his own agent, besides that Omnipants agent crap.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
I am sure he has but not on the play in question. Throwing when one on one vs when there is a S over the top is different. If you are one on one and the CB is beat then you lead the WR and it's a TD. If a S is over the top then you back shoulder to avoid the chance at an INT or the WR getting blown up by the S. Not sure why this has to be explained to you.
Totally agree. The throw completely eliminated the safety and the CB would have had to make a nearly impossible play to get his hands on the ball.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Schoffield is no good,glad the coaches see what I see and not what @Chicagosports89 thinks he saw in schoffield

Dude looks weak, out of shape, and over the hill

This is what I mentioned about not reading into things too much.

The coaches may just know what they have with him and want to see how Jenkins can do.

OR…. he may be awful as you say.

We really don’t know yet.

But Flus has said multiple times…. Including today…. that they’re going to try different combos and move guys around.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Schoffield is no good,glad the coaches see what I see and not what @Chicagosports89 thinks he saw in schoffield

Dude looks weak, out of shape, and over the hill
I'll be happy if jenkins takes over and does well, but I still don't value your opinions of Schofield when you were probably rarely focusing on him. I think Schofield would be a really solid back up.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Sounds dumb, but okay.

IF anything they should have played the starters less vs. KC
It’s a young team. These guys need to play. It’s not like they’re experienced super bowl favorites or anything.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
Asking for a trade is one thing. Going directly to the media to ask is another. And then completely trashing the organization as a whole while doing it…
Smith is not the first player to do this, and he won't be the last. Since this hold-in is not costing Smith any money he is using what little leverage he has.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Totally agree. The throw completely eliminated the safety and the CB would have had to make a nearly impossible play to get his hands on the ball.
Yeah, I gotta admit, the first time I saw it, I thought it was under thrown, but it was a throw against cover 2. The S was coming hot over the top and would have either broken it up or snatched it. So, that was the correct ball placement.

As another poster (who I’ve forgotten, mea culpa) pointed out, there’s a reason that route isn’t usually run against Cover 2.