**Official** Training Camp News & Scheisse [Football Talk Only]

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Fun fact: You don’t have to mention someone or something by name to be talking about them as for your questions imo no on the first one yes on the second

Why are you claiming they did not get value? Getting a 1st in exchange for Brown and a 3rd seems to be pretty good value to me. Especially when they then traded down 2 spots got a 4th from Buffalo and then drafted arguably the best C prospect in the draft.

Last edited:

Bears_Almighty

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  2. North Carolina Tar Heels
@Fearless Gun G.O.A.T @remydat

Can you guys please agree to disagree and not fill a whole page with your back and forth jabs. Quan will sign when he signs or he will be traded when/if the right offer comes up. Or guess what.... we will just tag him next year if necessary. No need to draw this discussion out it's unproductive.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Why are you claiming they did not get value? Getting a 1st in exchange for Brown and a 3rd seems to be pretty good value to me.
That all depends on your definition of value is. While a 1st and 3rd is obviously good for the draft or potential trades they lost Jackson’s best target and security blanket going into his prime years

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
i'm thinking they must be including te's or something because i don't get it...they have agholor and parker as the guys with time
I think J.Meyers was their best WR last year but that's without checking the actual stats.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
That all depends on your definition of value is. While a 1st and 3rd is obviously good for the draft or potential trades they lost Jackson’s best target and security blanket going into his prime years
Ravens gave up the 3rd, not receive it

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Can you guys please agree to disagree and not fill a whole page with your back and forth jabs. Quan will sign when he signs or he will be traded when/if the right offer comes up. Or guess what.... we will just tag him next year if necessary. No need to draw this discussion out it's unproductive.
No.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

Looks like the policing by @nvanprooyen didn't last long...

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
@remydat and I are discussing football. While we may disagree and take jabs at each other we are still discussing what the forum is for. What are you doing besides being a little bitch and trying to run to a mod sick of your shit?

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
If Slayton gets cut i'm all in on bringing him in. Would easily become our #2 WR.

I’m not so sure he’s better than Pringle honestly. Slay has a career 52 catch% which is pretty terrible. 70% for Pringle. The main difference is Slay has been targeted more in his career.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I have been extremely busy this week, here maybe 15 mins total since Monday. Don't worry your pretty little head. I'll have a rules thread up and start swinging the hammer soon.

Thanks.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I have been extremely busy this week, here maybe 15 mins total since Monday. Don't worry your pretty little head. I'll have a rules thread up and start swinging the hammer soon.

Thanks.
Can you ban @Mighty Joe Young for not talking football?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Again I never brought Quan up. I discussed the Ravens and Brown based on a poster bringing them up. I have no intent to discuss Quan.

Think you are confused. His best target and security blanket is Mark Andrews who had 1361 yards as a TE last year. Andrews got 107 receptions on 153 targets while Brown got 91 catches on 146 targets. So that is a 70% catch rate for Andrews compared to 62% for Brown. Andrews also had a higher yards per reception than Brown despite being a TE and despite Brown supposedly being a top speed threat. Jackson actually had less 20+ yard passing attempts and completions than Mac Jones ie the guy you are shitting on for not throwing deep in the other thread.

This is precisely why Brown wanted out. Jackson and the Ravens O isn't really suited to him so yes they got good value by trading a WR that isn't a great fit for what Jackson is good at.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
@remydat and I are discussing football. While we may disagree and take jabs at each other we are still discussing what the forum is for. What are you doing besides being a little bitch and trying to run to a mod sick of your shit?
Typical MJY posting. If mods were serious about cutting the fat(pun intended) , MJY and a couple of the other substance-less posters would be gone for good.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
Aaron Donald basically is a dominant edge rusher from the DT position. I mean he has the same impact on the QB as a great DE would. Maybe more since pressure up the middle is brutal on a QB.

(I’m not defending CowTurd)
Agreed, this gotcha is only semantics. I dont like Cowhard, but pointing to a once in a 1-2 decade level talent at DT not being an EDGE rusher but accomplishing the same result (pressure on QB/disruption in backfield) isnt a compelling counter-argument.