**Official** Training Camp News & Scheisse [Football Talk Only]

The Big Grabowski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The nice thing about the NFL is there is ALWAYS a team that surprises, and I still hope the changes the Bears made in the coaching staff will have a bigger impact than people think.

But like you said the only way the National narrative will change is if we win
The Bears have never picked #1 overall in the Super Bowl era, so it would be surprising to see them bottom out especially with what seems like an improvement in coaching.

The Jags have finished last two years in a row but somehow aren't in the discussion for worst team in the league? Sure, they spent a ton of money in FA like they do every year and it continues to haunt them.

I honestly don't think the Jags will be worst again. Seattle looks like a dumpster fire with no QB. The Jets haven't proven a damn thing and their 2nd year QB is injured again. Houston is a bonafide mess. And I don't think Atlanta has a starting level QB.

It's a silly narrative and week 1 changes everything.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Can anyone comment on the worst WRs group of the expensive group and the best WRs group of the cheap group?

I would be interested in knowing who really threw their money away and who was stingy yet ended up with a pretty good WR group.
Yes but the issue with this logic is some of the teams haven’t been stingy, just because the cap hit is low. Some of these teams have made heavy investment through the draft, but the cap hit remains relatively low… so this tweet is a bit misleading.

Look at the falcons for example, they drafted Kyle pitts like 5th overall? And that isn’t included in this potentially at all. They also drafted Calvin Ridley who I believe is still on rookie deal, and they drafted Drake London as the first wr taken in the 22 draft at number 8 overall. Is it really fair to say they are being stingy when they took the 1st wr of the draft with the number 8 overall pick?

The colts drafted Alec pierce with 53rd pick of the draft, Michael Pittman was a 34th overall pick, parris Campbell was 59 overall. Sure the colts aren’t spending tons of money yet, though Pittman will be due a huge pay upgrade, but can we say they are stingy at WR when they have 3 young players drafted highly in the 2nd round?

The ravens are definitely a bit of an outlier here as they are o fielding what looks to be a poor draft class, but they are a team that runs the ball heavily with Lamar Jackson and are strong up front.

Anyway you look at it teams are investing in WR, it’s an incredibly important position in this nfl. You either need to spend serious draft capital, or potentially overpay for free agents, which isn’t a great move.

Or you can be like the bears and just not draft offense very high and have a very lack luster skill group overall, resulting in an offense with a ceiling of 20th in the league, and a floor of bottom 5.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Had the first and then lost it trying to bounce outside

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I know there's been a lot of questions about Teven Jenkins and he obviously hasn't taken any Toastmaster classes, but man I still think I want to reserve judgement until I see the preseason games. In the below image from bearswire.usatoday.com, in addition to his slightly PTFO expression, look at how stout his lower body looks: like he wants to t-off on someone. Yeah I know you shouldn't judge a book by its cover and whatnot, but the look in this dude's eye is consistent with someone who wants to shut people up. I could be wrong, and have been wrong before, so there's that..

18342701.jpg
So far so good.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
You cannot be serious. If women want to be sex workers and a client wants to pay them there is not power dynamic. It is an exchange and does not in itself constitute predatory behavior.
There are millions of women that would fully disagree with you that think women should have the right to legally be sex workers.

I can definitely tell you are from Cali. This is what they teach over there. And its bullshit since a lot of sex workers aren't doing it to feel empowered or any sort of shit they've been feeding you, but instead often get pressured or manipulated into the trade, through a combination of physical, emotional, and/or sexual abuse.

CaliBearFan

Liked Posts:
I can definitely tell you are from Cali. This is what they teach over there. And its bullshit since a lot of sex workers aren't doing it to feel empowered or any sort of shit they've been feeding you, but instead often get pressured or manipulated into the trade, through a combination of physical, emotional, and/or sexual abuse.
Wow. You are so petty you searched out my post history because I called out one of your posts.

And you are too stupid to get my point. Yes that happens but in many cases it's the womans chosen profession and she sets the boundaries. Based on your post I don't think you would be able to handle me explaining anymore why a person paying for sex does not mean they are a predator which was the whole argument.

I always think people are kind of suckers for all going at you at once, like everyone kicking someone when they're already down, because it seems like overkill. But if this is why then I've probably misjudged some people.

Keep my state out of your mouth and any future travel plans.

Last edited:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yeah just finished watching the tape and the biggest issue was blitz pickup by the the Running Backs and miscommunication between Jenkins and Borom. On one play a guy blitzes late and Jenkins first goes to help the Center and is a little late picking up the inside guy as Borom switches to get the blitz. On the next play there was no one for Borom to block and Jenkins appears to play the defender inside expecting that Borom would help given he has no one to block.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
Yeah just finished watching the tape and the biggest issue was blitz pickup by the the Running Backs and miscommunication between Jenkins and Borom. On one play a guy blitzes late and Jenkins first goes to help the Center and is a little late picking up the inside guy as Borom switches to get the blitz. On the next play there was no one for Borom to block and Jenkins appears to play the defender inside expecting that Borom would help given he has no one to block.
Week 1 might just be Jones whitehair patrick (if he is healthy) Jenkins and Reiff.

Speed

Liked Posts:
Seems like that could be worked out. More communication on what to do in those situations between Jenkins & Borom given that Jenkins just got bumped inside, and some film room discussions. Hopefully they'll get it hashed out on who has what responsibility.