3 things i liked and didn't like v Seahawks

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
This literally makes no sense and is self contradictorraly problematic because yoi are saying that you want the OL to play better by cheating but cheating would result in more penalties and acturally be considered playing worse not better and when you start off your post laughing about an narrative about penalties well that's stupid because the lack of penalties and amount of penalties is literally a statistic not a narrative at all but if you're laughing about it as a narrative you're then going on to asking for MORE penalties for the OL so by the end of your post you sound like a total udder ignoramus whomst is ignoring data and promoting poor play and discipline by wishing for players to cheat. Makes zero sense.
The better cheaters literally don't get caught very often. Why don't you go crawl back up HeHateMe4GoodReason's butt.

VickAshley✅️verified

✅️ verified member - He/Him/Himselve/Sir
Liked Posts:
Why don't you go crawl back up HeHateMe4GoodReason's butt.
When a member only has something which only can be perceived as an insult attempt rather than debate the football position they have posted and been replied to with a good faithed argument then it is obvious that they literally have taken a L and have nothing of value to present to the thread.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
It's literally where he lives.
Looks like someone is triggered again having another "good day" and really adding a lot of good football talk to the thread.

I agree with Vicktor. Wanting a new OL to cheat to "play better" is not going to result in better play, but WILL result in more penalties.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Watch next games Bears get penalized a lot. Funny how these narratives go on CCS. I'd rather see the o-line play a lot better, even if they have to cheat in order to do it.
2 games in a row of low penalties is not exactly a trend, but if you couple that with Eberflus of having a history of well disciplined staff it is a good sign.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Looks like someone is triggered again having another "good day" and really adding a lot of good football talk to the thread.

I agree with Vicktor. Wanting a new OL to cheat to "play better" is not going to result in better play, but WILL result in more penalties.
You do seem triggered more than usual today.

Won't result in more penalties if they're good at it.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
I thought the first team OL was actually solid last night. Stats show Fields was pressured 4 times on 8 drop backs

1- TE screen to Kmet (12 yards). IDK if this counts as a pressure, but it's a screen. That's how they work.
2- Incomplete dump off to Kmet. The OL was perfect on this play. Pressure came from blitzer who blew thru Herbert
3- Fields scramble (1 yard). Pocket was actually clean. He could have stepped up to throw, but just kept running. (Jenkins gets beat, but does maintain his block and drives the guy WAY up field).
4- Dump off to Herbert (4 yards). No pressure
5- Rollout to Kmet (19 yards). I don't think this would count as a pressure.
6- WR screen to Mooney (5 yards). No pressure
7- Rollout incomplete in end zone. This probably counts as pressure too, as Fields had guys in his face by the time he threw. But it was a designed rollout and Fields had several seconds to throw, nobody open (though a better throw may get that TD to Mooney). This isn't on the OL as he was near the sidelines
8- Dump off to Herbert (-2 yards). Jenkins gets beat pretty bad, and there is a free (delayed) blitzer off the edge.

I'm guessing plays 1, 2, 7 and 8 are being counted as Fields being pressured. Only 1 of these are on the OL. They weren't perfect by any means, but they were better than 50% pressure rate suggests.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Preseason and rather see better play. Low penalties is not the tell all it's being made out to be.
Nobody is making the lower penalties into any sort of "tell all" it's just you creating a strawman. The things told by lower penalties are these: Coaching making the minimization of errors a focus. Players are responding to that coaching by committing less errors.

But you seem to be in the camp (of one) that would like the coaches to instruct players on how to cheat without being penalized. Moronic take IMO but it's a take you can have without laughing off statistical improvement as some sort of "narrative" people are pushing.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nobody is making the lower penalties into any sort of "tell all" it's just you creating a strawman. The things told by lower penalties are these: Coaching making the minimization of errors a focus. Players are responding to that coaching by committing less errors.

But you seem to be in the camp (of one) that would like the coaches to instruct players on how to cheat without being penalized. Moronic take IMO but it's a take you can have without laughing off statistical improvement as some sort of "narrative" people are pushing.
So triggered. So daft. The inference obviously was I'd rather see better play than fewer penalties w/poor play.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
What I liked was running da ball & all 3 phases playing well for 3 quarters.

Disliked Bopeep's play and the team turning to sHITS in the 4th quarter. Some of those guys are playing for a roster spot and didn't play with intensity.

ESPN getting a lot of in game analysis wrong was humorous

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I know matt is a man of a 4-3 Defense, but lets say the wave of a defense becomes more of a 3-4 as it was in recent years, could he teach that, because if do I think he is the right coach for the long term He seems to be teaching people what it is to get things going in the right direction. Too early to tell, but it feels like they won't keep someone around that won't work out in terms of good solid play. Which means a team like this will rather take a guy who is a few ticks worse if he looks like a guy who will have 15 less penalties per season.

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers
Hope they continue to incorporate the roll-outs and make it a staple of the offense going forward. Seemed like the team was pretty comfortable in those scenarios so I'd like to see them go to that well often if it works. Might also help to negate some of the pressure on the offensive line and running backs/tight ends pass protection.

As far as penalties go, at least they're not beating themselves and I hope that continues. The less you're worried about "beating yourself", the more focus you can put on trying to beat your opponent. The worst thing is getting a good drive going and then screwing it up with a procedural penalty that completely derails the drive. The Bears don't have enough talent to overcome a bunch of penalties and still be successful. Their margin for error is too small.