**Official** Training Camp News & Scheisse [Football Talk Only]

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I’m not sure. I’m pretty sure the guy they’ve been using is actually a TE. They may have been seeing if they want to carry one true FB and then use a backup TE to fill in as TE 4 and FB 2.
That’s what Courtney Cronin said.

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
Can someone post the cliff notes?

Poles wasn’t reaching out to teams and teams likely would not have given more than a third for a one year rental vs giving him the asking price.

They think he is good, not great and if he takes off in this D like Leonard, then there might be something there. Pretty much said he is not in the same tier as Leonard and Wagner.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Poles wasn’t reaching out to teams and teams likely would not have given more than a third for a one year rental vs giving him the asking price.

They think he is good, not great and if he takes off in this D like Leonard, then there might be something there. Pretty much said he is not in the same tier as Leonard and Wagner.
Sounds like Smith realized that he didn't have much leverage other than a hold-out and hopefully someone gave him the right advice to play with an edge to get a big payoff next year.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Why would you trade one of our only proven linemen? Do you want Fields to die?

Whitehair ain't that important. Even one of the replacements won't fare much worse than the average play he provides. He simply isnt worth 12 million(?)