**Official** Training Camp News & Scheisse [Football Talk Only]

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Nice try. That was not the conversation. It was about any cap advantage by him signing this year. There is zero. Saying otherwise is incorrect.

Yes it was.

If he starts the season off strong then would expect a deal before season over so they can apply some of it to this years cap.

This is what I said. I Said you could apply some of it to this year's cap. That is consistent with what I just explained per the SB.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Yes it was.

This is what I said. I Said you could apply some of it to this year's cap. That is consistent with what I just explained per the SB.
To which I replied:
It makes absolutely no difference when/if a deal gets done in regard to the Bears cap, as any unused cap is credited to the next year anyway.
You followed with:
Helps with spreading the cap hit across more years.
So replying to my point that, "It makes absolutely no difference when/if a deal gets done in regard to the Bears cap...", you blather on about spreading out the cap hit across more years, which has zero impact on the Bears cap space ( other than actually giving them less space next year) with any extension they would give RS.

So either you don't understand the cap consequences or you responded with something that has nothing to do with my point.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
@nvanprooyen this guy is lying again. Never told MDPS to do anything and my name in being brought into the conversation for no reason.

But very cool DB gets to bait posters constantly and be the center of every thread derail without consequences. Clicks are cool!
@nvanprooyen

Bait move

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
@nvanprooyen tell him to provide proof of me telling @MikeDitkaPolishSausage to do anything to him.

Or we can just sit by as he continues to lie about everything. Its bad enough he gets away with that IRL stuff he's admitted to but this is a message board and we need to start clamping down on liars and thread detailers for the betterment of CCS.

Thanks and Bear down! But not the Bear down that @dabears70 does but the real fan who watches football Bear down. thank you!

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
To which I replied:

You followed with:

So replying to my point that, "It makes absolutely no difference when/if a deal gets done in regard to the Bears cap...", you blather on about spreading out the cap hit across more years, which has zero impact on the Bears cap space ( other than actually giving them less space next year) with any extension they would give RS.

So either you don't understand the cap consequences or you responded with something that has nothing to do with my point.

You seem confused. You responded to me not the other way around. I told you signing him means you can apply some of it this year. You then responded saying it makes no difference and I then told you how it makes a difference. It allows you to spread the SB over more years. In the example I gave you extending him means 8m in SB is expended by the end of 2023 (4m in 2022 and 4m in 2023) as compared to 5m if you wait to sign him after tagging him. Thus that means after 2023 only 12m remains with 3 years left if you extend him compared to 15m if you wait. So that by definition is a difference.

Last edited:

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
You seem confused. You responded to me not the other way around. I told you signing him means you can apply some of it this year. You then responded saying it makes no difference and I then told you how it makes a difference. It allows you to spread the SB over more years. In the example I gave you extending him means 8m in SB is expended by the end of 2023 (4m in 2022 and 4m in 2023) as compared to 5m if you wait to sign him after tagging him. Thus that means only 12m remains with 3 years left if you extend him compared to 15m if you wait. So that by definition is a difference.
Nope