**Official** Training Camp News & Scheisse [Football Talk Only]

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Lots of people like soap operas, and most forms of popular culture, even civic culture, have taken on the form of a soap opera. The 24 hour news cycle, with its arguing and complaining and never ending bullshit, is such an example. Sports have taken on that tone as well and many fans like that aspect of it.

I like football, personally. I don't care who disses the Bears, or what coach said something, or which media member was wrong about what (although I do wish they'd admit when they are wrong).

Anyway, it's nice to have actual football back.

Liked Posts:
I mean - I like Monty as well, but if Ebner is any indication, Poles might be looking at a different type of back, and Monty, for all of his power runs and angry runs, might be considered too slow by this staff.

It also hurts Monty that running backs just aren't valued as highly in the NFL right now.
Blocking is key as well though and Monty is probably the best RB we got from that aspect. He’s an all around solid back, don’t think his job is at any risk even with Ebner in the fold.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Been saying it for his whole career: Monty is solid at all aspects of his job (running, catching, blocking), he is relatively durable, he is inexpensive, and he is a good teammate. That is what you can ask for from a RB who is not Adrian Peterson.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Better everything than shenault. Shenault runs shitty routes and has bad hands. The only interesting thing about him is his speed
He was a first round pick but he hasn't produced. I wouldn't be surprised if the Bears are interested in him at the right price.

Better hands than Shenault.
I'd put them both right at RB and leave them there. Use Shenault as a big fast back or Reagor as a 3rd down back like James White.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:

Bort

Liked Posts:

Brownie

Liked Posts:
The first question is anything but dumb and is not a leading question. A leading question is meant to lead a person to an answer that you want them to give. His question asks for specific things that should give you a substantive answer.

This new tendency of Bears fans to constantly cry about the media is getting really sad. I thought this was home of the broad shoulders and all of that tough guy stuff. You're about as fragile as Mike Browns ligaments.
Maybe so on the first, but the second question was for sure lame and leading. Potash was basically searching for Getsy to answer in a certain way, and he could tell, which is why he responded the way he did ("Im not in a position to answer that..." yadda yadda).

In regards to the personal attack: you talk about folks being fragile, but your response to media criticism reflects the same. So here we are.

The group needs to have better foresight and ethics... actually have their shit together and, again: ask better questions imo.