**Official** Training Camp News & Scheisse [Football Talk Only]

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Its hilarious to me that we talk about the great offensive coordinator getting a Head Coaching job before snap one of the regular season has even been played. Swear to God this is a Bears fan thing.

The thing is, we've been in the stone age for so long, what we think might be revolutionary is probably just the status quo to most NFL teams.

This team doesn't have the talent on it yet to have Getsy to be promoted to a head coach - I think they are going to produce but still be limited.

We're going to likely have Getsy for at least 2 seasons, so I think it is a bit premature to talk about him leaving after 1. I think that's just neurotic.
Hurrr durrrr

If Fields takes a big step this year, Getsy will get HC attention regardless of record or stats

That's a real thing

msadows

Liked Posts:
Chris Simms was one of the few people in the media who had a QB over Trevor Lawrence.

The fact he had zach wilson(who i was high on too) as the best QB in that class is a joke.

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
Just off the cuff speculation from Rapsheet here

Do you seriously think two NFL insiders are just randomly choosing to make up Jenkins trade rumors? They clearly have a source within the organization telling them he’s being shopped.

You keep saying Schefter has no credibility because how he works was exposed. Complete nonsense. All these guys work quid pro quo. They’re all giving perks to their sources. You think they’re just giving rap sheet and all these guys info for nothing? He clearly still has relationships and your whole “he lost credibility” thing is you just making things up. There’s no reason why his sources would cut ties with him. And they clearly haven’t.

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
No, you guys are right. Ian Rappaport and Adam Schefter just randomly chose to make up trade rumors about household name and NFL superstar Tevin Jenkins. They’re using his name, status and fame to further their careers by making up trade rumors about him. It’s a conspiracy. They’re both working together to further this outright lie and I’m appalled.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
No, you guys are right. Ian Rappaport and Adam Schefter just randomly chose to make up trade rumors about household name and NFL superstar Tevin Jenkins. They’re using his name, status and fame to further their careers by making up trade rumors about him. It’s a conspiracy. They’re both working together to further this outright lie and I’m appalled.
Are you okay? Nobody is even discussing this currently

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

So they're always right?

napo55

Liked Posts:
These sports guys make aliving out of reporting "news." If there isn't enough to support the many hours they are required to fill up , they need to manufacture news out of rumours that would not qualify for publication in legitimate news organizations.

The fact that Jenkins has been getting excellent reviews at RG, is of no interest to them.

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
So they're always right?
Being right or wrong isn’t part of the equation. They’re not predicting anything. They’re just reporting what their sources tell them. Someone in the Bears organization is telling them Jenkins is being shopped. And there’s zero incentive for these two insiders to be making this up. if Jenkins doesn’t get traded that doesn’t make them wrong. It just means the Bears couldn’t work out a deal.

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
These sports guys make aliving out of reporting "news." If there isn't enough to support the many hours they are required to fill up , they need to manufacture news out of rumours that would not qualify for publication in legitimate news organizations.

The fact that Jenkins has been getting excellent reviews at RG, is of no interest to them.

lol at this utter nonsense.

they have nothing, so they just randomly choose to make up trade rumors about some no name 2nd round tackle/guard nobody knows or cares about.

it’s cut day and there is news about trades and cuts coming to them all day probably. It’s probably a big day for them. But they have nothing and need to make up trade rumors about tevin Jenkins. Both of them too. Not just one. Both Rappaport and Schefter have no inside info on arguably one of the biggest days of the year and have chosen to manufacture fake Tevin Jenkins trade rumors because otherwise they’d have nothing to report. Lol, okay.

Last edited:

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
Being right or wrong isn’t part of the equation. They’re not predicting anything. They’re just reporting what their sources tell them. Someone in the Bears organization is telling them Jenkins is being shopped. And there’s zero incentive for these two insiders to be making this up. if Jenkins doesn’t get traded that doesn’t make them wrong. It just means the Bears couldn’t work out a deal.
Lemme guess you're the source! Don't let me keep you as I'm sure Woodward and Bernstein will be calling any minute.

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Not buying it

You dont invest all those reps into Jenkins just to trade him. Not when this is a new regime and they're trying to see who sticks.

If a team inquires about a majority of the players, teams will always listen

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Dont think it was made up but sources can be wrong and things can change. Also a question of whether they still actively shopping or teams keep calling since he was potentially available at some point.

I would imagine any draft comp for Tevin has gone up so it is still engaging in teade talk if someone calls and Poles says I want a 1st or a 2nd and a 3rd but not really serious talks so what does it matter.

The Big Grabowski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Do you seriously think two NFL insiders are just randomly choosing to make up Jenkins trade rumors? They clearly have a source within the organization telling them he’s being shopped.

You keep saying Schefter has no credibility because how he works was exposed. Complete nonsense. All these guys work quid pro quo. They’re all giving perks to their sources. You think they’re just giving rap sheet and all these guys info for nothing? He clearly still has relationships and your whole “he lost credibility” thing is you just making things up. There’s no reason why his sources would cut ties with him. And they clearly haven’t.
Rapsheet wasn't quoting a source for this segment. If you watch the clip, he was clearly speculating.

The narrative is still being driven by perception from 3 weeks ago when Jenkins hadn't played yet. The way Rapsheet initially phrased it was that the team was taking calls on Jenkins, which is very different from actively shopping him. His words were very precise, which several beat reporters for the Bears noted.

Not interested in speculating about Schefter's credibility. Just clarifying what I said. I view Ian Rapaport very differently.

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
Lemme guess you're the source! Don't let me keep you as I'm sure Woodward and Bernstein will be calling any minute.

Is your stance that Rappoport and Schefter are just making this up? Is that the position you’re taking? Or are you just going to keep spewing irrelevant nonsense because you have nothing?

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

People don't understand, that long before a certain person coined the term "Fake news", that this essentially was going on even going all the way back into the 70s with regards to sports coverage, doing exactly as you said. There's a reason why sports locker rooms are so protective of information - because a lot of times, someone could innocently say something, and the reporter would twist the meaning or what was said in order to sell papers and interest.

That still happens today.

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
Rapsheet wasn't quoting a source for this segment. If you watch the clip, he was clearly speculating.

The narrative is still being driven by perception from 3 weeks ago when Jenkins hadn't played yet. The way Rapsheet initially phrased it was that the team was taking calls on Jenkins, which is very different from actively shopping him. His words were very precise, which several beat reporters for the Bears noted.

Not interested in speculating about Schefter's credibility. Just clarifying what I said. I view Ian Rapaport very differently.
What are you talking about? They dont announce before everything they report “a source within the organization told me this.” For anybody that isn’t a bumbling fool it’s already known. Just lol at this. Yeah, he’s just speculating . He’s clearly saying the Bears are still shopping him. Someone in the organization is telling him this obviously. Why would any national inside reporter with pull he has need to make up rumors about Tevin freaking Jenkins. Get a clue.

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
Not buying it

You dont invest all those reps into Jenkins just to trade him. Not when this is a new regime and they're trying to see who sticks.

If a team inquires about a majority of the players, teams will always listen

Okay. You choose to live in your little fantasy world where respected nfl insiders with reputations on the line are choosing to risk their careers on fake Tevin Jenkins trade rumors.