Roster cuts (including cuts across the league)

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
Not surprising

Passed on 2020 college season
6th round pick
Played a few games last year
No tape as injured this pre season
No ties to Poles

Likely candidate to slide thru to PS if they want him around longer
I think the Bears will if for no other reason than to give them a chance to get a better look at a healthy Graham.

napo55

Liked Posts:
Sorry to see they cut Coulter. Was the most productive WR through preseason and is young and improving.

I have doubts about ESP who was never productive at GB and Harry who was a big disappointmnet at NE.. Hopefully Coulter will pass waivers and eventually make his way onto the 53 when it becomes clear ESB and Harry aren't cutting it.

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
Mario Edwards will probably start somewhere should be here

J2hotnspicyy

Liked Posts:
I worry about an our guy/their guy bias. Namely in regards to cornerbacks, Thomas Graham and Stroman being cut... Shelley, Jones and Lamar better show up.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Sorry to see they cut Coulter. Was the most productive WR through preseason and is young and improving.

I have doubts about ESP who was never productive at GB and Harry who was a big disappointmnet at NE.. Hopefully Coulter will pass waivers and eventually make his way onto the 53 when it becomes clear ESB and Harry aren't cutting it.

But both Harry and St Brown have been more productive than Coulter thus far in NFL. Coulter has yet to catch a ball in NFL regular season.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
Shocked and saddened to see that Lamar Jackson made the team.

The Big Grabowski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I worry about an our guy/their guy bias. Namely in regards to cornerbacks, Thomas Graham and Stroman being cut... Shelley, Jones and Lamar better show up.
Most of the guys we cut will make it through to the practice squad. There's calculation to these cuts as another team has to be willing to put a guy on the active roster. In the case of Graham, how likely is that since he missed all of camp and preseason?

Before his hammy, Graham was practicing with the 1s at nickel in the offseason so I do think they bring him back.

napo55

Liked Posts:
But both Harry and St Brown have been more productive than Coulter thus far in NFL. Coulter has yet to catch a ball in NFL regular season.
Because Coulter hasn't had the same opportunities. When given an opportunity this preseason, he stood out. But ESB and Harry have both been failures with tremendous oportunities during their careers..

They may plan to bring Coulter back after placing Harry on IR.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Most of the guys we cut will make it through to the practice squad. There's calculation to these cuts as another team has to be willing to put a guy on the active roster. In the case of Graham, how likely is that since he missed all of camp and preseason?

Before his hammy, Graham was practicing with the 1s at nickel in the offseason so I do think they bring him back.

Once they clear waivers they are FAs and can sign to anyone's practice squad. It is only after signing to a PS that they can only be poached if being added to active roster.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Because Coulter hasn't had the same opportunities. When given an opportunity this preseason, he stood out. But ESB and Harry have both been failures with tremendous oportunities during their careers..

He had the same opportunities. He had the same opportunuty to make active roster of 2 teams shittier than than the Pats and Packers ie Houston and Bears. He simply wasnt deemed good enough for anything other tham PS.

Dumpster Fire

Liked Posts:

Meh, he stood out negatively when he couldn't handle that onside kick vs Seattle.