**Official** Training Camp News & Scheisse [Football Talk Only]

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
Funny you should say that. I have no respect for the MAGA movement. Also, responding to substantive posts with insults is not allowed on this board

well instead of forming a coherent argument on the topic you’re just throwing around generic “people make things up for profit“ nonsense. Suggesting Adam Schefter and or Ian Rappaport are just making things up for profit. Whatever nonsense that means.

Ian Rappaport is lying and making up fake Teven Jenkins trade rumors for profit. because that’s what viewers of the NFL network are tuning in and clamoring for. Teven Jenkins trade rumors and speculation. That’s what you’re saying.

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
well instead of forming a coherent argument on the topic you’re just throwing around generic “people make things up for profit“ nonsense. Suggesting Adam Schefter and or Ian Rappaport are just making things up for profit. Whatever nonsense that means.

Ian Rappaport is lying and making up fake Teven Jenkins trade rumors for profit. because that’s what viewers of the NFL network are tuning in and clamoring for. Teven Jenkins trade rumors and speculation. That’s what you’re saying.

taking calls and actively shopping are two different things. both players mentioned to be actively shopped are jenkins and leatherwood. leatherwood was the one actively shopped and jenkins was probably more of a "what are you offering" response by the bears.

if they really intended to be rid of Jenkins than it would have happened like leatherwood being released. so thats where the speculation is when you mention tevin as being a possibility to be moved when it was really not realistic given how things had been playing out in camp

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
Seriously, man. WTF is your comprehension issue?

Rapsheet reported that teams called the Bears about Jenkins. He didn't say anything about the Bears willingness to trade Jenkins. His source very well could have been OUTSIDE THE ORGANIZATION. :::gasp:::

I'm not questioning the accuracy of *his* report. He reported what he heard.

I'm saying his reporting doesn't capture the reality of what's happening with the Bears. No details about a trade followed and Jenkins made the 53 as the starting RG. It's a nothingburger, man.

You said he was speculating. Speculating means he doesn’t have a source. Do you understand what the word speculation means? And it’s only logical that his source comes within the organization or at worst a media member (more than likely local) who has insider access and is privy to front office information. It’s way way way more than likely someone within the organization. These guys like Schefter and Rappaport have someone on the inside of every team in the league. They’re not going to risk their reputation making things up.

How many times are you going to move the goalposts?

And you have no clue about the ”reality of what’s happening.” Just because dude started a couple games preseason doesn’t mean they’re not still wanting to move him. For all we know they’re trying to get his trade value up.

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
taking calls and actively shopping are two different things. both players mentioned to be actively shopped are jenkins and leatherwood. leatherwood was the one actively shopped and jenkins was probably more of a "what are you offering" response by the bears.

if they really intended to be rid of Jenkins than it would have happened like leatherwood being released. so thats where the speculation is when you mention tevin as being a possibility to be moved when it was really not realistic given how things had been playing out in camp

lol, okay.

i like how your guys whole thing is about rappaport “speculating“ while a majority of your posts consists of you speculating about whats going on. The Bears can have him on the block, but not be willing to cut him. How does this need to be explained to a functioning adult? More than likely based on logic and having common sense they’re not getting what they’re wanting in a trade. And they’re either going to get what they want or see if he can turn it around. It’s still completely possible they cut him too. More than likely not. Its a nonzero probability though, so it has to be factored in.

and how have things been playing out at camp? I saw a guy who wasn’t practicing who couldn’t cut it at the position he was drafted and was moved to an easier spot. Yeah, it’s been a huge success.

Last edited:

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
Read back through my words. He reported that the Bears were "taking calls" on Jenkins. That was the extent of his reporting.

The recent segment was "guys I wouldn't be surprised if they were moved". How does this not make sense to you?

I’m not saying nor do I think anyone here said that they definitely are making this up.

1. It wouldn’t be the first time someone did

2. They’re probably reporting what they heard from someone that may think is reliable and they’re just wrong about the team wanting to move him or

3. The source could be lying etc

Peezy is forgetting that for every rumor that is reported only one in a 100 or so end up being correct.

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
I’m not saying nor do I think anyone here said that they definitely are making this up.

1. It wouldn’t be the first time someone did

2. They’re probably reporting what they heard from someone that may think is reliable and they’re just wrong about the team wanting to move him or

3. The source could be lying etc

Peezy is forgetting that for every rumor that is reported only one in a 100 or so end up being correct.

The sources for guys like Ian Rappaport and Adam Schefter are legit. There is no way their sources are shaky. If these guys say the Bears are taking calls or shopping or whatever ridiculous semantics game that wants to be played concerning Teven Jenkins and a trade then it’s no doubt legit. These guys have inside sources on teams. People within the organization. There’s no chance this is just speculation or a bad source. He may not get moved. Poles may not get what he wants. But with two of the biggest insiders of the league reporting it you can rest assured it’s happening.

and why would the source lie? Why would someone within the bears organization be making up trade rumors to Ian Rappaport or Adam Schefter? Who does that benefit?

and just lol at the suggestion that these guys who are the biggest insiders in the business have bad sources that are just making things up to them like this. There’s literally no motive whatsoever for someone representing the bears to make up Teven Jenkins trade rumors to Ian Rappaport.

Last edited:

The Big Grabowski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You said he was speculating. Speculating means he doesn’t have a source. Do you understand what the word speculation means? And it’s only logical that his source comes within the organization or at worst a media member (more than likely local) who has insider access and is privy to front office information. It’s way way way more than likely someone within the organization. These guys like Schefter and Rappaport have someone on the inside of every team in the league. They’re not going to risk their reputation making things up.

How many times are you going to move the goalposts?

And you have no clue about the ”reality of what’s happening.” Just because dude started a couple games preseason doesn’t mean they’re not still wanting to move him. For all we know they’re trying to get his trade value up.

Speculation = taking knowledge you have and extrapolating what you think might be going on.

I don't know how many more ways I can phrase it for you. Rapsheet made a statement of what he heard and SPECULATED what it might mean for Jenkins and the Bears. That speculation appears to be wrong as Jenkins started the last two games at RG and made the initial 53 (fact).

The first part he reported very well may be fact (teams called the Bears) but we wouldn't know that unless the source corroborated. The second part (the speculation) shouldn't be considered fact because it didn't fucking happen.

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
Speculation = taking knowledge you have and extrapolating what you think might be going on.

I don't know how many more ways I can phrase it for you. Rapsheet made a statement of what he heard and SPECULATED what it might mean for Jenkins and the Bears. That speculation appears to be wrong as Jenkins started the last two games at RG and made the initial 53 (fact).

The first part he reported very well may be fact (teams called the Bears) but we wouldn't know that unless the source corroborated. The second part (the speculation) shouldn't be considered fact because it didn't fucking happen.

If he has a source within the organization telling him the Bears are taking calls on Teven Jenkins and he goes on tv and says “the bears are taking calls on Teven Jenkins” how is that speculation?

im tired of going in circles with you while you attempt to move goalposts and spew nonsense.

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
Imagine wanting to split this hair so badly
This guy really cares about this lmao.

What’s up, adam/ian

you guys know I’m right, but you’re scared to upset the pack so you come here and say nothing. While still trying to stay on the good side of the group by knocking me. It’s pretty pathetic. Because it’s so clearly just a ploy to score some simple cool points on CCS. ”I’ll try and pile on the guy so I can remain in good standing with the core. But I can’t actually disagree with him because he’s right so I’ll just say he’s mad.”

That’s what people do on the internet when they’re bad at forming coherent arguments and they can’t keep up with the convo. They just deem the other person mad. “You’re melting down” Either tell me why I’m wrong or just shut up. You’re contributing nothing and your tactic to use me to further your own status within the group is pitiful.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
you guys know I’m right, but you’re scared to upset the pack so you come here and say nothing. While still trying to stay on the good side of the group by knocking me. It’s pretty pathetic. Because it’s so clearly just a ploy to score some simple cool points on CCS. ”I’ll try and pile on the guy so I can remain in good standing with the core. But I can’t actually disagree with him because he’s right so I’ll just say he’s mad.”

That’s what people do on the internet when they’re bad at forming coherent arguments and they can’t keep up with the convo. They just deem the other person mad. “You’re melting down” Either tell me why I’m wrong or just shut up. You’re contributing nothing and your tactic to use me to further your own status within the group is pitiful.

I really don't care. Get a fucking grip. Didn't even read your reply.

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
The sources for guys like Ian Rappaport and Adam Schefter are legit. There is no way their sources are shaky. If these guys say the Bears are taking calls or shopping or whatever ridiculous semantics game that wants to be played concerning Teven Jenkins and a trade then it’s no doubt legit. These guys have inside sources on teams. People within the organization. There’s no chance this is just speculation or a bad source. He may not get moved. Poles may not get what he wants. But with two of the biggest insiders of the league reporting it you can rest assured it’s happening.

and why would the source lie? Why would someone within the bears organization be making up trade rumors to Ian Rappaport or Adam Schefter? Who does that benefit?

and just lol at the suggestion that these guys who are the biggest insiders in the business have bad sources that are just making things up to them like this. There’s literally no motive whatsoever for someone representing the bears to make up Teven Jenkins trade rumors to Ian Rappaport.

I never said he made them up, I listed a few of a million possibilities as to his justification for writing it.

90% or more of these stories or rumors don’t pan out.

In fact I bet most of the rumors are based on insider info, gut info or any other possible source or reasoning for writing said article or fluff piece were baseless from the beginning.

Yes, insiders have and do lie for whatever their reasons are at the time.

I and others here are simply saying that there was nothing to this story and we were proven correct!

Was he traded? No! That’s the point!

Not the reasoning behind the article!

If I were GM, all my guys are on the trading block! Why wouldn’t I listen to every offer?? Not doing so could end up really hurting your club by missing an opportunity to pull a Hershel walker like trade return!

Did you really think they were going to trade Jenkins???? He has shown more upside and ceiling in the month that he’s been playing guard than most good guards in this league like our own Whitehair.

If Jenkins keeps his head in straight with the same attitude on and off the field as he has the past couple of games- Jenkins is the answer at right guard we have all wanted.

Given all the reporting on Jenkins this off-season and especially considering the spectacular play Hes shown in the past two weeks, I’d bet people were calling unsolicited and that may have been all that was said and rappaport and others ran the story based on that alone!

Some reading requires some analytical thought process.

Last edited:

RubberBanMan

I’m just a fan
Donator
Liked Posts:

I never said i disagreed or agreed with anyone. I think your reaction to the topic is bizarre and that was the only point of my post. It’s not that serious but you’re typing up novels and attacking people about it.

Also, I hardly ever post here outside of small comments here and there or game day threads. Idk what group you are even referring to but i can assure you idc about getting virtual approval from anyone on here (who also probably doesn’t even recognize me as a poster) but thanks for keeping it weird. I’m gonna go back to mostly lurking and reacting now

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
If he has a source within the organization telling him the Bears are taking calls on Teven Jenkins and he goes on tv and says “the bears are taking calls on Teven Jenkins” how is that speculation?

im tired of going in circles with you while you attempt to move goalposts and spew nonsense.

The writer knows that most people reading that article want to know if the Bears really WANT to trade Jenkins even after he balled out the past couple of weeks bc that would be crazy, even in the non professional fan’s mind.

Rappaport knows this would be crazy

Thank you!!!!

It’s the INTENT behind posting his said insider info!

Given how Jenkins has played in the 1 MONTH that Jenkins has played guard and all the earlier rumors spewed about him and the Bears not to mention that we have Noone else to play guard or that we spent a first and second to pick him in the draft, it would be extremely foolish to trade Jenkins.

It’s speculative bc regardless of what he was told- Rappaport knew the odds of the Bears actually trading Jenkins were about ZERO!

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
Is your stance that Rappoport and Schefter are just making this up? Is that the position you’re taking? Or are you just going to keep spewing irrelevant nonsense because you have nothing?
Yes that is precisely my stance. Anything else I can sort out for you?

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

This dude always starts these stupid fights with people and gets all emotional about it. ??