Roster cuts (including cuts across the league)

The Big Grabowski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Once they clear waivers they are FAs and can sign to anyone's practice squad. It is only after signing to a PS that they can only be poached if being added to active roster.
Yes, that's correct. But after waivers, it's easier for teams to bring back guys who have time in the system. That's typically the outcome because it's easier for both sides.

napo55

Liked Posts:
Meh, he stood out negatively when he couldn't handle that onside kick vs Seattle.
Led the team in receiving yards by a wide margin. Some think this team needs productive receivers.

Let's see what happens down the line with Harry, ESB and Coulter...

The Big Grabowski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I kind of like some of the roster surprises so far:
  • Pettis and Sharpe at WR over Webster and Coulter. Wouldn't be surprised with a waiver claim at WR tho.
  • Tonges over O'Shaughnessy. Might as well go younger and I wouldn't be surprised if Allen flexes on game week from the PS to bolster the position.
  • Zach Thomas over Schofield. From starters thru practice squad, I feel much better about OL right now.
What I'm concerned about is:
  • Our depth at CB is shit. Hopefully Thomas Graham Jr comes back at some point, but I definitely would be focused on improving the position.
  • Depth on the defensive interior. Need another guy there.
  • Peterman to the PS. We really need a developmental prospect at QB.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I kind of like some of the roster surprises so far:
  • Pettis and Sharpe at WR over Webster and Coulter. Wouldn't be surprised with a waiver claim at WR tho.
  • Tonges over O'Shaughnessy. Might as well go younger and I wouldn't be surprised if Allen flexes on game week from the PS to bolster the position.
  • Zach Thomas over Schofield. From starters thru practice squad, I feel much better about OL right now.
What I'm concerned about is:
  • Our depth at CB is shit. Hopefully Thomas Graham Jr comes back at some point, but I definitely would be focused on improving the position.
  • Depth on the defensive interior. Need another guy there.
  • Peterman to the PS. We really need a developmental prospect at QB.

O'Shauneybjkbhjvbl was released with some medical designation and Hoge was saying Tonges is a FB and not a TE. So I don't know if it's a case of picking one guy over the other.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I don't think he's on season long IR? Think he can come back. I also have no idea what I'm talking about, so there is that.
Hopefully he'll make it back for the Super Bowl.

The Big Grabowski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
O'Shauneybjkbhjvbl was released with some medical designation and Hoge was saying Tonges is a FB and not a TE. So I don't know if it's a case of picking one guy over the other.
Tonges is a converted fullback who can play either. They moved him back to FB when Blasingame was out.

That designation "waived illness" is so weird to see. That's the second time I've see it this year so I'm guessing it's new.

Dumpster Fire

Liked Posts:
Led the team in receiving yards by a wide margin. Some think this team needs productive receivers.

Sure and his stats would have been even better if coach had challenged the one desperation heave where Coulter got a hand under it for a nice catch that was ruled incomplete. I take ESB, Pringle, Pettis and Sharpe over Coulter, but I’d take Coulter over Harry.

I assume the staff is fairly confident that Coulter will clear waivers and he can be added back to the team once Harry is on IR. I’m not sure what the staff’s vision is for Harry, but it seems like they have one (more than can be said for the roster construction under Pace/Nagy).

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Ok so if no one picks him up and he ends up back on the PS does that perhaps tell you he isn't that highly regarded?

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Based on what? His career high in sacks is 4 and Muhammed and Gipson surpassed that last year.
Watch this breakdown from 2020:

Do you see any of the other people from that list disrupting from that list (other than Robert Quinn)?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Watch this breakdown from 2020:

Do you see any of the other people from that list disrupting from that list (other than Robert Quinn)?

Already said he had a good 2020 but sucked in 2021. 2 years is a long time in the NFL. Gipson and Muhammed were better last year.