Roster cuts (including cuts across the league)

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
But Gipson has been a no-show this pre-season.

So you value preseason over 7 actual sacks last year.

Also Edwards was injured all preseason so how exactly does that help his cause?

How many times have Bear fans heard this excuse for cutting or trading a good player.?

Doesnt matter. Only thing that matters is if it is true which it is.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:

napo55

Liked Posts:
10 catches in his career. He isn't Kyle Pitts
Last time I checked Kyle Pitts wasn't on the Bears roster. The hope is that Kmet will improve as a receiver. But, where is the depth after Kmet? Would be nice to have a skilled TE receiver on the offense.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think people here would enjoy a vortex instead of your persistent whining but that's just my 2 cents.
One sucks but it's probably not the one you think.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You guys are the ones who keep bringing up and responding to my Trask posts which in turn cause me to respond. So stop responding with a rebuttal if you are tired of the conversation.

It's silly to think because Trask didn't start at a Texas high school with a 5* QB that he for some reason can't mature into a talented QB down the road. The body isnt even fully developed then and brain doesn't mature until 25. If anything it proves my point that because he didnt athletically measure up to track star QBs like D'eriq King in HS and those in his same draft class that he was overlooked as a QB.

Yet he went to Florida as a walk on and was able to earn an opportunity for playing time against other 4* and 5* QBs. Once he got the opportunity he ran away with it setting single season passing yards and TDs at UF.

You could make a silly argument about Justin Fields too as he couldn't beat out Jake Fromm. It's a silly argument. At the end of the day when the pads came on he did his job at a high level.
He had Kyle Pitts and Kadarius Toney. How'd he do when they sat?

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
He had Kyle Pitts and Kadarius Toney. How'd he do when they sat?

He was missing his top 4 receivers for the cotton bowl game against Oklahoma. He shouldn't have played under those conditions. It's a shame. Both players you mentioned had their best seasons with Trask. I'd argue Trask made Toney a first rounder.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
My only guess is that they liked what they saw pre-injury and wanted to keep him in the building while rehabbing his injury in hopes of potentially being a camp invite next season if the rehab goes well.
It means he misses 4 games mandatory , he can come off IR it’s not a season designation anymore

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
He was missing his top 4 receivers for the cotton bowl game against Oklahoma. He shouldn't have played under those conditions. It's a shame. Both players you mentioned had their best seasons with Trask. I'd argue Trask made Toney a first rounder.
I'd argue Trask wouldn't even have been an UDFA without Pitts and Toney

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I honestly think Jenkins would be a better RT than Borom right now but his G play has been special. Whether the Bear intended it or lucked into this, They've found something. After this early camp, who'd have thought Jenkins would bring this level of competence and effort?
Me

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
So 1990 is part of the 80s?

There was no 0 AD as we went from 1 BC to 1 AD so first millenium would be from 1 AD to 1000 AD and second millenium from 1000 AD to 2000 AD.

When saying the 80s or 90s, the fact there was no 0 AD is irrelevant as you are not counting the 80s or 90s based on what came before.

However if you asked when the 199th decade ended, it would be at the end of 1990 rather than 1989 as the first decade was 1 AD to 10 AD.