Who do you want to see claimed from waivers?

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I'm not sure you can have too many projects on a roster. At some point you have to have serviceable players to help the other players around them. This is about Fields right now. Not a long shot, Leatherwood.

He can't hack it at tackle in the NFL. Maybe he can be a guard, but we don't need another project on the oline.

I mean that’s pretty much what you get at this time of year. ?‍♂️

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Some guys to shore up some depth

CB, Justin Coleman - plenty of experience to step in if we struggle to find an answer at outside corner

LB, Kevin Pierre Louis - familiar fave who played well in his lone year here.

WR, Preston Williams - big bodied target who flashed potential in Miami when they were tanking for Tua. Could be a true redzone target.

DT, Armon Watts - DT with 5 sacks last year. I dont see why not!

WR, Tyler Johnson - had some nice highlight plays for Tampa Bay.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
I think expectations should be tempered. It’s very unlikely that the Bears are gonna sign someone to start at a position that’s unfamiliar with the systems.

No way do they pick up a starting OL, sorry better get used to Mustipher.

Rise

Liked Posts:
I think expectations should be tempered. It’s very unlikely that the Bears are gonna sign someone to start at a position that’s unfamiliar with the systems.

Poles talked the big game about this opportunity so it has people expecting a lot of moves. Generally speaking you’re correct but this is not a normal year.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:

They signed Reiff later in camp for 12.5 million....I think if they can improve the team they will do it

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
I
They signed Reiff later in camp for 12.5 million....I think if they can improve the team they will do it
but the point I’m making is that camp is over. That’s valuable time to learn the system and team

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I

but the point I’m making is that camp is over. That’s valuable time to learn the system and team
The team isn’t going to remain frozen in time. They will have to sign people due to injuries. If the right player is available they will sign him.

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I know nothing about Leatherwood other than media and fan reports…. But id rather see a high upside guy with talent and let this staff coach. If he has physical talent (which I’m assuming be does drafted that high) I’d love to see the staff coach em up for a year and see what happens. Now is the time in the rebuild for big swings IMO.
Reading Raider fans takes and Leatherwood was also a pre snap and during the play penalty machine

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Poles talked the big game about this opportunity so it has people expecting a lot of moves. Generally speaking you’re correct but this is not a normal year.

LOL. What are “people” expecting?

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
WR's
deon cain
juwann winfree
lynn bowden

DT's
john marshall

CB's
olaijah griffin
elijah hamilton
josh jackson (reclamation project?)

Winfree seems like a possible target. Getsy would know him. Has a little NFL experience but falls in the young and needs a chance bucket. Rodgers supposedly liked him.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
The team isn’t going to remain frozen in time. They will have to sign people due to injuries. If the right player is available they will sign him.
Yes but I’m saying that these cuts and signings are from the bottom of the roster, not the top

The Doctor

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
WR Kendric Pryor. Had a nice preseason with Bengals. Plus he fits the mold that Poles seems to be looking for -- young with good upside. He's also a local kid from Hazel Crest.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

Why, everything indicated Patrick would likely be back for the opener and I haven't heard that that has changed.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes but I’m saying that these cuts and signings are from the bottom of the roster, not the top
Generally yes, but I did point out an example of a team cutting a vet due to $ at the end of camp that can help other teams. It happens. Not always but it does. I don’t think they would be above signing a player simply because they haven’t learned the playbook yet.

Bort

Liked Posts:
Some guys to shore up some depth

CB, Justin Coleman - plenty of experience to step in if we struggle to find an answer at outside corner

LB, Kevin Pierre Louis - familiar fave who played well in his lone year here.

WR, Preston Williams - big bodied target who flashed potential in Miami when they were tanking for Tua. Could be a true redzone target.

DT, Armon Watts - DT with 5 sacks last year. I dont see why not!

WR, Tyler Johnson - had some nice highlight plays for Tampa Bay.
This is the only reasonable list I’ve seen in this thread. Specifically, I think Justin Coleman at CB and Armon Watts at DT would be significant upgrades over the guys the Bears currently have as depth at those positions.

Marley's Liberality

Liked Posts:
I would like to see Chazz Suratt on the practice squad to see if he is the type of player Eberflus could make use of. He's not the type of LB you can just place in the same spot each snap but it seems like those type of guys are starting to become popular in the league

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
As someone said or implied earlier, developmental players, someone with a higher ceiling than players we had at our camp will probably land on our PS. Rarely will one find a 'Josh Sitton' sittin there ( as far as new faces go )

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would like to see them get some help for the defensive line. I'd be surprised if this defense wasn't in the bottom third of the league for rushing yards per attempt and near the top of the league for injuries if they're counting on their safeties and corners to make all those stops.