Teddy Retiring Discuss

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
You continue to miss the point.

Jay Cutler, independent of his play, cost the Bears a ton in draft capital and salary. Which again, goes to the point that others have made in this thread: it's not that they aren't spending money, it's that they spend it poorly. Which by the way, that's a point that you have not addressed.

Furthermore, your point about filling the stadium means nothing. Season tickets, as well as other tickets, are purchased well in advance of how the season plays out. So I'm really not sure what point you think you're trying to make asking that question. It doesn't mean anything.

As far as when ownership said they are dedicated to being SB contenders, George has consistently said that. He said that when they fired Pace/Nagy. He said that when they fired Emery/Trestman. You must not remember how pissed Virginia was.

Why you are so stuck on missing the point, and needing some question that doesn't mean anything to be answered, continues to amaze. Again, the Bears ownership and FO since George took over in 2011 has spent the money. To call them cheap is just flat out wrong. To call them dumb for the ways they spend the money is absolutely a fair argument to make.

At this point I'm forced to ask: do you understand what I'm even arguing?

I never said they were "cheap". However, there was a time they were. I've never heard the McCaskey's talk winning a SB. I'd like to see linked info. My point about not bringing in GM's & HC's with a winning pedigree and top experience is a fact. I hope they sell. Other ppl here want them to sell.

And I'll bet if you took a poll most would say..... sell the team to someone who wants to win. And I'll just about go so far as to say, if there are a majority of ppl who say keep the current ownership.....I would consider not posting for a couple weeks. If the majority of ppl say sell would u not post for a couple weeks? It's bet worth considering.

Sell the team? Don't sell the team? It would be a interesting poll

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You bring up the GM's most have no experience as a GM. Most of ppl. we bring have no HC experience, nor a winning pedigree. Plus, ownership on down doesn't hold ppl accountable for losing. You can't name or give instances where ownership has said we want to be SB contenders and are committed to winning.

You followed the Bears since the SB win.
?So name the various times Bear ownership has sought out the very best GM's and HC's with with GM and HC experience and a winning pedigree......since the SB win.
--------------------------------------------------------------

You bring up Cutler......there was nothing about jay's "resume" that screamed WINNER AND LEADER, when he came here from Denver. Hell, the Denver fans basically said 'good riddance'. I wrote about it after investigating the Denver MB,

But jay fits in with what I factually said here.... #98
" I've watched the Bears and Chicago sports for years.
The philosophy has always been, stay competitive, grab a couple star players and the dumb, die heart fans will keep filling the stadium.......$$$$$$.
WIN OR LOSE " For anyone who followed Bear football . They know this is a FACT.

It's always been about profits over winning.

And you keep running from what @tcmtrinity pointed out here. pointed out here. >>>>#65
"...... if ownership is transferred to someone who is independently wealthy therefore puts a priority on WINNING Vs generational wealth generation."

The problem with your argument is that it is all opinion with no data. Why does it matter that Bears haven't hired coaches with previous coaching experience.

Only 7 coaches in NFL history have taken 2 different teams to Super Bowl. Thus the data suggests if your focus is winning then it is better to hire first time coaches not retreads. This should be obvious because the vast majority of 2nd time coaches and GMs are available precisely because they did not win enough at their old job.

Let's revisit this when you have actual data to support your claims.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
The problem with your argument is that it is all opinion with no data. Why does it matter that Bears haven't hired coaches with previous coaching experience.

Only 7 coaches in NFL history have taken 2 different teams to Super Bowl. Thus the data suggests if your focus is winning then it is better to hire first time coaches not retreads. This should be obvious because the vast majority of 2nd time coaches and GMs are available precisely because they did not win enough at their old job.

Let's revisit this when you have actual data to support your claims.

Any way ya slice it, ownership makes $$$ and doesn't have to win. Fact. I'll bet the majority of ppl agree with that fact.
Therefore, they should sell the team.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Any way ya slice it, ownership makes $$$ and doesn't have to win. Fact. I'll bet the majority of ppl agree with that fact.
Therefore, they should sell the team.

Anyway you slice it, your premise that the Bears aren't committed to winning because they don't hire GMs and coaches with previous experience in those roles is flawed. You are literally claiming the Bears aren't committed to winning because they don't do something that is least likely to result in them winning.

There literally isn't a head coach in NFL history that has won Super Bowls with 2 different teams. I repeat, zero NFL head coaches have won Super Bowls with 2 different teams.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Anyway you slice it, your premise that the Bears aren't committed to winning because they don't hire GMs and coaches with previous experience in those roles is flawed. You are literally claiming the Bears aren't committed to winning because they don't do something that is least likely to result in them winning.

There literally isn't a head coach in NFL history that has won Super Bowls with 2 different teams. I repeat, zero NFL head coaches have won Super Bowls with 2 different teams.

The Bear ownership make profits as a family business. And have not produced a consistent winner. And they should sell.
Bear fans and this city deserve a winner.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
The Bear ownership make profits as a family business. And have not produced a consistent winner. And they should sell.
Bear fans and this city deserve a winner.
Now you're changing the argument.

Again, as remy pointed out in <<<<< #27, #44, #101, and #209 you've provided zero data for your argument. Even when you offer "facts," there is zero reason to even discuss them. Why do people attend games that they've already paid for? I don't know. Ask the people who are attending the games, don't blame that on the McCaskeys.

mecha

Liked Posts:
there's much truth in that article.

Jay Cutler didn't get all those offensive coordinators fired, and what starting quarterback has to run 6 different offenses in their tenure with 1 team? the miscues if you will from the top is what led to a lot of it, some poor track records, and unfortunate opportunities that arose. I don't even remember what the deal was with them letting Rivera go, but that's another mistake they made.

I'm glad they at least acknowledged Nagy had to go despite 2 playoff "runs" (one of which the team backed into because the league needed a 7th seed to fuck the whole format up) and as a bonus told Pace to gtfo too. remember the old debates about which one needed to go?

but yeah, imagine being the oldest franchise in the league your family made and having to go to different agencies for advice on who to hire to important positions within the organization.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
there's much truth in that article.

Jay Cutler didn't get all those offensive coordinators fired, and what starting quarterback has to run 6 different offenses in their tenure with 1 team? the miscues if you will from the top is what led to a lot of it, some poor track records, and unfortunate opportunities that arose. I don't even remember what the deal was with them letting Rivera go, but that's another mistake they made.

I'm glad they at least acknowledged Nagy had to go despite 2 playoff "runs" (one of which the team backed into because the league needed a 7th seed to fuck the whole format up) and as a bonus told Pace to gtfo too. remember the old debates about which one needed to go?

but yeah, imagine being the oldest franchise in the league your family made and having to go to different agencies for advice on who to hire to important positions within the organization.
There was a rumor that Rivera and Lovie got into an argument during halftime of Super Bowl 40 over the defensive play calling. Rivera wanted to be more aggressive and Lovie wanted...well, you know. A few weeks later he wasn't extended, and ended up in San Diego.

Not sure how true any of that was, but it was one thing I've heard.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
You can't fire the owner of a business.

>>>read this 2 links again >>#123>>> #126

You "fire them" when ya stop buying tickets in advance for a losing product.

@Sculpt @Bronek @Pretzel Logic @TheWinman @Payton!34

@Leomaz

If you're out there.....what are your thoughts on Bear ownership being held accountable for putting a consistent winner on the field? And would you be for or against the sale of the Bears? Any input would appreciated. Thanks

Last edited:

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:

@Sculpt @Bronek @Pretzel Logic @TheWinman @Payton!34

If you're out there.....what are your thoughts on Bear ownership being held accountable for putting a consistent winner on the field? And would you be for or against the sale of the Bears? Any input would appreciated. Thanks
You can laugh at fans all you want I do it all the time. You have no right to tell people what to do with their money whether it’s ownership or fans. It’s THEIR money they can do what they please with it. If it makes them happy to spend on this shit franchise all power to them it’s none of your business really. Plus with fans there is more than just the game that gets their ass up early in the morning to go to games

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Right...."dumb thoughts" Translation: you're good with Bear ownership putting a loser on the field.
You love linking to other posts. Perhaps you could find where I said that.

>>here #135 I do it to prevent lies and misinterpretation. What I find interesting is you're here fighting me
about ownership putting a winning product on the field. I want to see the Bears to win another championship.