OT: OG Nelson signs extension

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Insanely easy #calledit

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
Id say Poles miscalculated on how many offensive Stars would be available to purchase.

I’m sure he wasn’t the only one but cutting down to the studs with a new Framchise QB and no one of substance to add next off-season is a bit maddening!

Bad luck or bad planning???

The cap did go up a shit load and teams seem to be picking up on wideouts and olineman!

I guess we will be stacking up on defense again as usual!! Would love to join the 21st century

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don't care how good he is, I don't invest that much at G.

Teven says Thank You.
Is he worth $7.7m more than Cody? Maybe, but that says more about Cody's deal than Nelson's.

Last edited:

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Id say Poles miscalculated on how many offensive Stars would be available to purchase.

I’m sure he wasn’t the only one but cutting down to the studs with a new Framchise QB and no one of substance to add next off-season is a bit maddening!

The cap did go up a shit load and teams seem to be picking up on wideouts and olineman!

I guess we will be stacking up on defense again as usual!! Would love to join the 21st century
There's rarely ever "stars" available in FA. Occasionally you get a guy like Terron Armstead whose had a lot of injuries. Who was the top wr this offseason? Juju? Kirk?

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I don't care how good he is, I don't invest that much at G.

Teven says Thank You.
Is he worth $7.7m more than Cody? Maybe, but that says more about Cody's deal than Nelson's.
Cody is merely average. Nelson is a future HOF'er and will go down in NFL history as one of the top 5 OG's of all time.
Yes, he is worth a lot more than another overrated Bears player like Whitehair.
Nelson's presence completely changes the running game. Is Nelson worth that $20 million especially considering the money available next year, fuck yes he would have been. Hutchinson made both the Seahawks and Vikings running games dominant and was an important piece to those team's Superbowl runs (Seahawks 2005, Hutch 2009)

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

I'd say we dont have a fucking clue if Poles was considering "buying" all the pieces for this offense.
His plan could be to get 1 Dominant O-Lineman in FA and draft the rest, but I dont know and you sure as fuck dont know either.

I'd rather him not go all Jacksonville or Ryan Pace/Emery and sign many overpriced FA's and draft a team while acquiring a piece here and there in FA.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Good thing we’ll have $150 million next year for…………….

Not one good offensive player available!
Sounds like a great chance to rebuild an offense through the draft at a cheaper price!

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
I'd say we dont have a fucking clue if Poles was considering "buying" all the pieces for this offense.
His plan could be to get 1 Dominant O-Lineman in FA and draft the rest, but I dont know and you sure as fuck dont know either.

I'd rather him not go all Jacksonville or Ryan Pace/Emery and sign many overpriced FA's and draft a team while acquiring a piece here and there in FA.
Never said that I knew that’s what Poles was going to do.

Just read a million articles and a million people on this site stating that the rebuild will take hold next year with all this money to spend and I simply brought up very early on that there was a good chance that they could all resign or sign somewhere else.

The money alone meant nothing was my point!

The draft is the way to build a championship team in my opinion supplemented with a couple of free agents.

So many people were clamoring for us to spend the billion dollars we had next year and that was never a given!

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Never said that I knew that’s what Poles was going to do.

Just read a million articles and a million people on this site stating that the rebuild will take hold next year with all this money to spend and I simply brought up very early on that there was a good chance that they could all resign or sign somewhere else.

The money alone meant nothing was my point!

The draft is the way to build a championship team in my opinion supplemented with a couple of free agents.

So many people were clamoring for us to spend the billion dollars we had next year and that was never a given!

Well said sir

Liked Posts:

I think it's a little bit of a smokescreen and he really just wants to build through the draft. But if he doesn't act like he's trying to buy more wins now a lot of fans may get mad at him. I for one prefer he builds this team through the draft and then buys the final pieces.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Cody is merely average. Nelson is a future HOF'er and will go down in NFL history as one of the top 5 OG's of all time.
Yes, he is worth a lot more than another overrated Bears player like Whitehair.
Nelson's presence completely changes the running game. Is Nelson worth that $20 million especially considering the money available next year, fuck yes he would have been. Hutchinson made both the Seahawks and Vikings running games dominant and was an important piece to those team's Superbowl runs (Seahawks 2005, Hutch 2009)
I never said he wasn't worth more than Whitehair and is deserving of getting paid as such. The point was that they are both overpaid for their position and effect on an O. Great players improve their teams and Nelson fits the profile but it's simply too much for the amount of improvement you can get from 1 G IMO.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I never said he wasn't worth more than Whitehair and is deserving of getting paid as such. The point was that they are both overpaid for their position and effect on an O. Great players improve their teams and Nelson fits the profile but it's simply too much for the amount of improvement you can get from 1 G IMO.
We’ll just agree to disagree. He’s on the Larry Allen/Faneca/Hutchinson tier. He’s worth every penny of that