Not a single major sports reporter picks the Bears to beat the Packers

redgrange19

Eater of Ham
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Can’t blame them. And looks just like last weeks.

Bronek

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Georgia Bulldogs
To early to pick the Bears against top teams. If , and how they beat the Packers will determine if would I put money on them straight-up..

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Packers without both starting tackles and no one wants to bet against them. Very telling.

Rodgers is working with Lazard, old man Cobb, and 29 year old, journeyman Sammy Watkins. Somehow Rodgers will pass for 3 or more TDs.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Packers without both starting tackles and no one wants to bet against them. Very telling.

Rodgers is working with Lazard, old man Cobb, and 29 year old, journeyman Sammy Watkins. Somehow Rodgers will pass for 3 or more TDs.
Because it's the Rodgers Bears curse. Duh.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Why does the media hate the Bearsz?

Nelly

Liked Posts:
To early to pick the Bears against top teams. If , and how they beat the Packers will determine if would I put money on them straight-up..
Every year there's "top teams" that shit the bed, and there's teams that surprise a lot of people. It's entirely possible that GB is a team that shits the bed (losing Adams, O-line woes) while the Bears are a team that surprises (Fields development, big contributions from rooks like Brisker/Robinson, coaching change works like a charm, etc). Too early to tell but not outside the realm of possibility.

All that said, i'm picking the Packers to win: Rodgers still there, home field advantage, refs on their side as always, Sunday night where the Bears' track record is simply atrocious. There's not much working in the Bears' favor here other than perhaps the chip on their shoulder.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Every year there's "top teams" that shit the bed, and there's teams that surprise a lot of people. It's entirely possible that GB is a team that shits the bed (losing Adams, O-line woes) while the Bears are a team that surprises (Fields development, big contributions from rooks like Brisker/Robinson, coaching change works like a charm, etc). Too early to tell but not outside the realm of possibility.

All that said, i'm picking the Packers to win: Rodgers still there, home field advantage, refs on their side as always, Sunday night where the Bears' track record is simply atrocious. There's not much working in the Bears' favor here other than perhaps the chip on their shoulder.
We'll see how much losing Adams affects Rodgers...and also how much losing Tyreek Hill affects Mahomes.

...probably not too much. That's the thing with star QBs.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

Don't disagree with this

Nelly

Liked Posts:
We'll see how much losing Adams affects Rodgers...and also how much losing Tyreek Hill affects Mahomes.

...probably not too much. That's the thing with star QBs.
I dunno, certainly looked like the Packers missed Adams last week. It's one thing to lose a star receiver and at least immediately replace them with some established talent as was the case of Hill being replaced by Smith-Schuster and Valdes-Scantling. Adams was replaced by rookies and journeyman Watkins effectively, one of which dropped an easy TD already. Edit to add: not to mention the Packers lost MVS as well, who got paid well.

Last edited:

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Don't see how the Packers are 9.5 point favorites. They couldn't even score that much in last week's game. They really don't have much of an offense and I like how we stack up against them. With the HITS philosophy ingrained in the guys, I like our defense's ability to minimize Aaron Jones' effect on the game both as a runner and a passer. Then, its their rookie wide receivers vs our young secondary. The biggest key for me is how much pressure we can get on Rodgers. You give Rodgers the edge on this, but if the secondary can hold up and give the DLine some time to get home then maybe we can get to him. Also, I expect more blitzes this game.

Offensively, it may be a bit of a struggle. But the more we use Justin as an active as a runner the more success we will have. I also don't think we will need to score alot to win this game. I'm most concerned with our receiver's ability to seperate. Only 1 catch and 8 yards for Mooney last week was rough. I think we will do well in the run game and control the LOS. But if we can't do much in play action, then GB will just creep into the box and make life difficult for us.

In the end, I'm wholly confident this game is much closer than a 9.5 point spread. I'm thinking it is a low scoring affair. Something like 21-17 with either team able to come out on top. Its all about who do you think will step up....GBs WR corp or our WR corp? Rodgers has an edge with experience and at home. Justin has mobility.