Reason for Optimism

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
You miss the point though where everyone and their brother knows what Goff is. A noodle arm system QB that gets the deer in headlights look anytime the play does not go exactly as planned.

A QB that's three times thrown for more yards in a season than any QB in Bears history? A much better QB than Fields at this point?

Agreed.

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
Jared Goff
57.7 comp %
471 passing yds
6 Td's
1 int
100.1 rating

Justin Fields

53.6 comp %
191 passing yds
2 Td's
2 Int
69.2 rating
Anyone that tells you that fields is better is wrong at this point. Goff probably isn’t the answer but he’s a good qb for sure.

The lions are also a much more talented team and it’s not even close.

I for one would rather have lions be at top of north division than the packers or the Vikings.

I just don’t think Campbell is the answer at head coach but they are exciting as hell to watch.

If rather watch that kind of offense and not the best defense than what we have and seen trying to build.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The fact of the matter is Fields has sucked ass, and is not, at this point, better than Goff. That is the fact, deal with it. Now as per the rest, it is pure speculation on your part, but why start a QB that at this point in his career is obviously inferior?

You asked me whether I would take Fields over Goff. I said no and gave my reasons. You like to change the subject a lot. I dont think the Lions or Bears are winning the SB this year so I would not waste a year running Goff out there. Sorry.

Last edited:

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
yes HOF Larry Fitzgerald.
I highly suggest watching the Cardinals vs Raiders game from yesterday. Murray put the team on his shoulders and won the game after several drops from his receivers. Ertz & AJ Green.

You need to see what a stellar performance looks like because it seems you're losing sight.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
I highly suggest watching the Cardinals vs Raiders game from yesterday. Murray put the team on his shoulders and won the game after several drops from his receivers. Ertz & AJ Green.

You need to see what a stellar performance looks like because it seems you're losing sight.
oh drops you say lol ? you mean that effects the quarterback ?

Bronze65

Liked Posts:
The fact of the matter is Fields has sucked ass, and is not, at this point, better than Goff. That is the fact, deal with it. Now as per the rest, it is pure speculation on your part, but why start a QB that at this point in his career is obviously inferior?
Honestly, why are you here? You're a Lions fan on a Bears board. It doesn't say detcitysports.com in the URL. I don't see any Lions symbols or mention of Detroit anywhere. Is there not a Lions board that exists? Can't you go there?

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:

If Fields would have done what Murray did yesterday on those 4th down plays, this board would be drowning in cum.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Look for large parts of the game the D and O was bad but here is the silver lining. We were one stupid shotgun snap on 4th down and inches from being down just one score.

This is a young team and a young coaching staff. Both made a lot of mistakes tonight but again we were one shotgun snap on 4th down and inches from being down one score. This team battles. They arent very good but they somehow find a way to hang in there.

So how do we fix this.

1. Fields needs to be allowed to throw more. One way or another we have to see what he has.

2. 40-50% of our plays involving Fields has to be him on the move or play action. The threat he poses with his legs had to be present on every play.

3. Fields has to take what the D gives him. He has gone back to hunting for big plays and not getting rid of the ball quicker.

4. Fields has to stop trying to be a classic pocket passer. If you reach the end of your drop and you dont see anyone them take off. These WRs are not good enough to sit in the pocket and wait on them and cant as this OL to hold blocks for 4 or 5 seconds.

5. Mooney and Kmet have to get involved. Find ways the get them the ball period even if it is just short stuff.

This is not a talented team but I think this staff has instilled a certain resilence in the team already. They now need to get out of their own way and stop overthinking things. Let these guys play and let's what we have.
All of this. Amen.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I never said he didn't have issues, I have already stated several times what I think is going on with ihim. To act like these guys who have succeeded weren't built around is ridiculous.

They were not built around of out of the bat. Mark Andrews was not some known quantity when Jackson got there. Both were drafted in 2018 and Andrews was a 3rd rounder like VJJ. So cant pretend they surrounded him with all these studs. Murray didnt have Hopkins right away.

My point though is these are separate points. When someone talks about what Fields needs to do to be better the answer isnt to always deflect to he needs better weapons. We all know he will need better weapons eventually.

What I am concerned about is whether he works on the things independent of those weapons. On any given play there is a preferred result based on what is in front of you. The shitty weapons means the preferred result is usually going to be a check down or getting out of the pocket and making a play.

The lesson here is take what the D gives you. If that is a checkdown 70% of the time then so be it. Let those checkdowns show what they can do. The reality is the best QBs on the NFL the the ball down a down and wait for the D to fuck up to attack downfield.