Trubisky vs Fields

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Fields is Trubisky with a better deep ball. Trubisky struggled to read the D and process what was happening on the field.. Thats Fields problem as well. The thing with Fields is at least there is hope he can figure it out and improve that aspect of his game, at this point with Mitch he is what he is and if you cant read and process whats happening on the field then your really have no business being a starting QB in the NFL

SiDe WaYs

Liked Posts:
We're getting ready to play a bunch of bad teams...Mitch could bum-slay teams like Detroit.

My suggestion is to take off the Bears Goggles when Fields plays these teams and stay objective. Is he really showing progress or are the Commanders blowing assignments?..etc.
This is honestly true. That’s what I’m looking for the rest of the season.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I actually think they are opposites. Trubisky plays not to make mistakes, not to get injured, not to get sacked. He could use some of Fields' carefree way of play.

Fields throws interceptions, fumbles and gets sacked with a bit of recklessness. He could use some of Trubisky's carefulness.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
How is he an idiot? He was spitting logic and you’re clouded with emotions.
@Chicagosports89 is mad because I have him on ignore. He's lost some arguments and cannot move past it, so he tries to argue against everything I say, which causes his arguments to be progressively worse than the ones before.

Total shambles. He will never recover until he TRULY moves on.

inchibearfan

Liked Posts:
I actually think they are opposites. Trubisky plays not to make mistakes, not to get injured, not to get sacked. He could use some of Fields' carefree way of play.

Fields throws interceptions, fumbles and gets sacked with a bit of recklessness. He could use some of Trubisky's carefulness.
But neither can read defenses very well.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:

Yep, even with the atrocious passing games in week 1 and 2, Fields averages over 33% more yards per passing attempt than Trubisky. Mitch was always willing to hit the check down, but he's never been particularly accurate on short passes and his teams poor YAC reflect that imo. I havent watched any tape on him in PIT because i got more than enough of Mitch while he was here, but im guessing a bunch of his short passes are either hospital passed, right at the sideline so the receiver cant turn up field, or are off target enough that the player has to leave their feet ot make the catch and not in stride.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
@Chicagosports89 is mad because I have him on ignore. He's lost some arguments and cannot move past it, so he tries to argue against everything I say, which causes his arguments to be progressively worse than the ones before.

Total shambles. He will never recover until he TRULY moves on.
Everyone is on your ignore no one cares but you

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I think perhaps they both have more confidence in their legs than they do in their arms.

It may even be justified....In Fields case, time will tell.

Well with the mediocre pass pro, without their legs they'd probably get injured.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
Different guys, different problems, both big question marks at this point in their careers.

I engaged in the Grossman and cutler wars, because there were a large portion of people who thought they were gold and everyone else was at fault.

Trubs and fields, there is no point in arguing.
They are taking the path all rookies take and they will either get it or not.

I am content to let everyone else argue possible potential if all goes perfectly right, while I sit tight and wait and see where it leads.

It isnt looking good for fields so far, but he has this whole season to show what he can be.
I will watch and see where he is 15 games from now, and be happy if he gets it or be ready to watch the bears draft the next guy in 23.
It is what it is at this point. He absolutely has to play the year out to see what he is.
No point in stressing out about it.
Trubisky is in year 6. I watched him against NE yesterday, he's not terrible, he just can't make the throws with enough consistency. He's a top level backup, but he's not a starter.

We'll see on Fields, but honestly, it just seems like he never really makes plays unless the play has broken down. I'm not high on him rn, but we'll see.

I agree with the overall message of your post.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Trubisky is in year 6. I watched him against NE yesterday, he's not terrible, he just can't make the throws with enough consistency. He's a top level backup, but he's not a starter.

We'll see on Fields, but honestly, it just seems like he never really makes plays unless the play has broken down. I'm not high on him rn, but we'll see.

"he never really makes plays unless the play has broken down."

this is typically due to an almost immediately collapsing pocket i.e. at the LT blindside spot

Reactions: Myk

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Trubs would be a winner on the pats. Decent enough guy, but more of a bridge to the next guy.
No disrespect towards mitch from me. He is doing the best he can with the talent he has, and it will work for another 5-10 years keeping him employed in the game.

*edit- I wasnt completely clear in the post you quoted- I was referencing trubs year 2 vs JF now.

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
Trubs would be a winner on the pats. Decent enough guy, but more of a bridge to the next guy.
No disrespect towards mitch from me. He is doing the best he can with the talent he has, and it will work for another 5-10 years keeping him employed in the game.

*edit- I wasnt completely clear in the post you quoted- I was referencing trubs year 2 vs JF now.
i had to run to the store yesterday during the game and the Patriots announcers just think trubisky is horrendous, mostly talking about his technique and how he throws off his back foot etc... but the Steelers Oline may be worse than ours and Mac Jones was standing back there untouched for like 5 seconds of course he looked better...Mac Jones has what Trubs and Fields don't though he sees the field real time like a Brady or Rogers does

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
both have terrible pocket presence/feel
both want to bail too early and attempt to run to safety running themselves into sacks
both are too slow to read
both get the benefit of the doubt because they're good dudes

Fields is more accurate deep but can't process fast enough for the short game

Trubisky completed 21 passes yesterday, mostly outlets...he can survive in the league as a backup or low end starter because he can do the short game

What about the Bears offense would give any QB pocket presence? You need a sturdy pocket for that.
What about the Bears offense would make any QB not want to run to safety, oline doesn't protect, WRs don't get open.
Slow to read is pretty normal for young QBs until they get used to NFL speed, if they do.

Basically if we want a QB we need an oline and WRs before we get the QB. The BS we've been playing since Cutler of getting a QB and thinking that is all an offense needs and then turning our focus back to defense isn't going to cut it. We could draft Peyton F. Manning and it wouldn't cut it.
We're not bringing rookies along, we're doing everything possible to ruin them.
Would they be GOATs? Probably not, but with the post seasons for Trubisky here I think a good oline and a few good WRs would've worked out a lot better. Instead we get the QB, teach them not to trust the line, the WRs or themselves then expect them to figure it out.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
i had to run to the store yesterday during the game and the Patriots announcers just think trubisky is horrendous, mostly talking about his technique and how he throws off his back foot etc... but the Steelers Oline may be worse than ours and Mac Jones was standing back there untouched for like 5 seconds of course he looked better...Mac Jones has what Trubs and Fields don't though he sees the field real time like a Brady or Rogers does

Funny how when the GOATs stand in the pocket forever until their WRs get open nobody cries about them holding the ball too long. It's only when the pocket collapses in 2 seconds that the young QBs are holding the ball too long.
Poles came in talking the talk, so far he didn't walk the walk.

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts: