Have you already labeled Justin Fields a bust?

Have you already labeled Justin Fields a bust?

• Yes, he's a bust.

• No, I haven't given up on him.

Results are only viewable after voting.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Have I given up on him or labeled him a bust? No.... It sure feels like its coming though.

Do u feel JF has all he needs in terms of both coaching and teammate support to be successful this year ?
Please explain...... include play calling and pass pro.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think he will be very good given enough time and at least some helping resources. He has all of the traits you look for in a QB!

I just hope that the current regime has told them they believe in him and promised to keep him regardless of what happens this year bc he has been seriously hamstrung!

No talent- I mean bottom two or three but more like the worst talent in the league at skill positions outside of running back.

Compare his situation with jalen hurts!
I had Hurts in Fantasy last year....picked him up in the free agents post draft. Readily available because he was brutal in 2020.....actually he was
pretty damn brutal in 2021 for a big part of the season. Then somewhere past mid season, the light went on for him and look at him now. Basically the same time frame going on with Fields. I'm not ready to give up on him yet.....some guys jump right in and can play.....others it takes some time.

Doubledown

Liked Posts:
Why would A owner let the clown show Draft another QB on their way out the door?

Anyway. It is up to JF how good he wants to be, grown Azz man, he can figure it out ?

All the bandwagon Packer fans in the Midwest is ? the worst, most have never even been to Wisconsin or could locate it on A map. It’s In Canada ?? by the way..

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
To be frank, I think I'm using a different qualification for what is and isn't a bust. If the player had the talent to succeed, and appeared not to due to things outside his control (bad teams or bad coaches) I'm not going to tag him a bust.

If they failed for lack of work ethic (as so much of the preparedness to succeed happens in film and practice) then I'd call him a bust.

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Wake Forest Demon Deacons
Definitely way too soon to label him a bust, but there is plenty of ground for legitimate concern/skepticism based on what we've seen (and haven't seen) thus far.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I do not think you guys will ever learn. If you are going to sit here focusing on one position year in and year out, you will never enjoy football. Like I enjoyed 2018 a real lot, 12-4 a FG away from NFC Championship and maybe Super Bowl. Most of you spent that whole year complaining. 2020 run at the end was good.

Relax enjoy the game and stop analyzing a position that your team was not good at since Sid Luckman. It's probably not going to happen.

RubberBanMan

I’m just a fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
Still too early. Although i was drunk on the koolaid all year and pretty much convinced he will be the guy prior to the first two games bc he is just too talented.

Kind of brought back down to earth now but not given up at all. Just needs to react/process quicker among other things. A lot of what he is seeing is still new to him. He seems to learn from his mistakes so fuck ya he is gonna be the franchise qb. Top fn 3 in the league.

I am convinced again!

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lol at the posters giving up on the guy after a season of inept coaching and two games into a new scheme.

Yet they support a franchise that has been a bust/disappointment and hope every year

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
I think we'll know with about a 90% degree of certainty what Justin Fields true potential is by the end of the season. If he doesn't start flashing more consistently with his arm or his brain by the end of this season, I think you can write off him ever being a "special" quarterback. Those guys just don't take that long to showcase their talent anymore.

Even with a guy like Josh Allen, who took 3 years to fully establish himself, his arm talent was on full display from day 1. He just wasn't accurate enough. I have only seen but a few glimpses from Justin Fields' arm that have wow'd me. His arm strength is very mediocre. I've never seen him make a pass and said, "wow, look at the zip on that ball!" It's just meh.

His inability to process information on the fly at the NFL level has held his pocket passing back greatly. Through 2 games, I've seen no improvement in that area from his rookie season. That is a major concern. This is the area where he's going to have to make up the most ground if he ever wants to be a great quarterback, but it's also the hardest to do.

Last edited:

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
I considered putting an option in for "No, but I'm leaning towards bust." But I wanted it to be clear to his defenders who has ACTUALLY jumped the fence.

Maybe I'll do a "which way are you leaning after week 5."
I am in that camp, "No, but I'm leaning towards bust."

Unrivaled

Liked Posts:
Hurts was a bust last year. It is very early to label anyone a bust.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Some posters keep mentioning how many of us have already given up on Fields, he's a bust, stick a fork in him...we need to draft another QB.

I think these posters are confusing skepticism/criticism with complete abandonment. There's nothing wrong with critiquing a high profile, young QB week to week.

I have LITTERALLY seen ONE regular poster call him a bust. Let's set the record straight, so these posters can stop with the false accusations and defensive hyperbole.
It's the same old troll crew that doesn't seem to understand the difference between someone calling someone a bust and just giving their honest evaluation of how you think he's been so far or from week to week. That's what they do and how they get excitement in their lives.

msadows

Liked Posts:
It's the same old troll crew that doesn't seem to understand the difference between someone calling someone a bust and just giving their honest evaluation of how you think he's been so far or from week to week. That's what they do and how they get excitement in their lives.

I'd rather get trolled by grimson any day than have to come on here and see another black rainbow thread.

He's honestly made this place unbearable, no pun intended. Dude is terrible at trolling, football stupid, and only posts on here so he can beat off to people insulting him.

I said a long time ago we should just put him on global ignore by the mods so he still thinks people are reading his garbage.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't think anyone knows but everyone seems to have an opinion. I get it's a sports message board but maybe we need a few more data points before talking it to death?

It would be weird to stake out a position and hope a player on your favorite team busts just so you can say called it later.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I'd rather get trolled by grimson any day than have to come on here and see another black rainbow thread.

He's honestly made this place unbearable, no pun intended. Dude is terrible at trolling, football stupid, and only posts on here so he can beat off to people insulting him.

I said a long time ago we should just put him on global ignore by the mods so he still thinks people are reading his garbage.
So put him on ignore.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I don't think anyone knows but everyone seems to have an opinion. I get it's a sports message board but maybe we need a few more data points before talking it to death?

It would be weird to stake out a position and hope a player on your favorite team busts just so you can say called it later.

Imagine making your entire life revolve around calling a player trash who's only played 12 games.

Anyone labeling fields anything right now is football stupid, and probably just overall stupid.