What is Justin Fields ceiling?

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I don't see Fields turning into a Aaron Rodgers, Andrew Luck or Burrow level of talent who went through a similar struggle as Fields. It's just highly improbable.

Justin Fields ceiling is probably Matt Ryan or Andy Dalton level QB.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Like the majority I bet his ceiling is drywall. Possibly plaster if he bought an old home.

I don't think anyone can make an accurate call with the offense we've given him and the time he's had. If they could the pros wouldn't draft busts based on college play or workouts.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Its still Josh Allen, its just the odds of that happening have reached "basically impossible". Reasonably you're probably expecting the career of Chase Daniel or maybe Geno Smith.

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Wake Forest Demon Deacons
I remember someone making a Daunte Culpepper comp at some point before the draft. I'm not an all-22 watcher or QB guru so I'm hardly the person to know whether that comparison holds any water, but thought it was interesting as I remember Daunte being a monster for the Vikings for a few years.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
12 games. He's started 12 games and the majority of them were with Matt Nagy. I know it hurts deeply losing to the Packers once again in front of a national audience, but the game to to be first to declare he's a bust or potential bust on this board is stupid.

His ceiling is still everything Bears fans hoped he'd be two weeks ago. HOF QB and Bears Savior. Ain't changing for me yet. Bear down!

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Its still Josh Allen, its just the odds of that happening have reached "basically impossible". Reasonably you're probably expecting the career of Chase Daniel or maybe Geno Smith.

That's like saying you believe in Santa Claus. Josh Allen is a once in a blue moon kind of rarity. Everything has to go right and that's not the case in Chicago. You'll probably disagree with me I think Nagy & Gets have made him a worse QB and caused bad muscle memory habits that are nearly impossible to undo.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
12 games. He's started 12 games and the majority of them were with Matt Nagy. I know it hurts deeply losing to the Packers once again in front of a national audience, but the game to to be first to declare he's a bust or potential bust on this board is stupid.

His ceiling is still everything Bears fans hoped he'd be two weeks ago. HOF QB and Bears Savior. Ain't changing for me yet. Bear down!

He just doesn't have it he does have the Mahomes, Joe Burrow arm or the Lamar Jackson running abilities. He's just a guy who's pretty good at everything and learned a ton of bad maybe potentially irreversible habits.

Fans desperately want him to be the next Aaron Rodgers but Santa Claus isn't real folks.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Like the majority I bet his ceiling is drywall. Possibly plaster if he bought an old home.

I don't think anyone can make an accurate call with the offense we've given him and the time he's had. If they could the pros wouldn't draft busts based on college play or workouts.

Nice copy pasta. I like it.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Good thread. Nice thoughtful analysis.

But it's true. I know fans don't like hearing it but he hasn't displayed any traits to see he's a Mahomes, Burrow, Rodgers level player. He's mid and that's okay to admit.

Fields will have a long NFL career just like Joe Flacco, Ryan Tannehill, Andy Dalton.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
I remember someone making a Daunte Culpepper comp at some point before the draft. I'm not an all-22 watcher or QB guru so I'm hardly the person to know whether that comparison holds any water, but thought it was interesting as I remember Daunte being a monster for the Vikings for a few years.
Maybe that or new-era Randall Cunningham?

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Nice copy pasta. I like it.

I'd like to say great or bust but we haven't done enough with him to make that call.

He can make the throws short or long. His vision is questionable.
I can't say he leaves the pocket too early with our oline. I can't say he doesn't trust WRs that should be trusted. I don't think we'll be able to have those things by the time his contract is up.
I can only say his ceiling is higher than it is on the Bears but that's literally every QB in the NFL.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
But it's true. I know fans don't like hearing it but he hasn't displayed any traits to see he's a Mahomes, Burrow, Rodgers level player. He's mid and that's okay to admit.

Fields will have a long NFL career just like Joe Flacco, Ryan Tannehill, Andy Dalton.
He's played 12 games lol. I'm not saying that you won't be right, but his career has barely even started and you think it's possible to pan out the next 3-5-10 years. Remember Drew Brees? That guy was absolute garbage the first 3 seasons of his career. Bears fans just want to look at recent successes like Mahomes, Allen, Burrow and want instant gratification. Not every QB is going to develop along the same timeline and are also put into different situations/teams/systems/personnel, etc.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
He just doesn't have it he does have the Mahomes, Joe Burrow arm or the Lamar Jackson running abilities. He's just a guy who's pretty good at everything and learned a ton of bad maybe potentially irreversible habits.

Fans desperately want him to be the next Aaron Rodgers but Santa Claus isn't real folks.

Thing is, I know you and I both hope you're wrong. For now, my desire to be right or the first to call it (Not saying you're doing that or are the only one doing that on this board and in the media) doesn't outweigh my desire to not throw away the last 7 months AND 41 YEARS of dreaming of a contending football team. I am ride or die with JF this season as it's my/our final chance to make my boys Bears fans and not Broncos fans. They each have five of his rookie cards.

For now, I hope and pray. LAWD IF IT BE YOUR WILL!

Bust

Liked Posts:
I don't see Fields turning into a Aaron Rodgers, Andrew Luck or Burrow level of talent who went through a similar struggle as Fields. It's just highly improbable.

Mike Tomczak

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:

Incredible comps. Fields reminds me exactly of Matt Ryan and Andy Dalton