OC Luke Getsy points out Bears had 41 offensive snaps and he called 19 or 20 passes

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Well, if you're trying to win you do what works right?
Yes but that wasn't really the point. Its disingenuous to act like their was a balanced approach to this game when you don't really start letting your QB throw until its obvious passing situations. The score dictated the offense in the second half.

UK_STALEY

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes but that wasn't really the point. Its disingenuous to act like their was a balanced approach to this game when you don't really start letting your QB throw until its obvious passing situations. The score dictated the offense in the second half.
From memory (spotty at best) didn’t they move away from the run after that first scoring drive? Weren’t the multiple consecutive 3 and outs mainly constituted of pass plays?

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
From memory (spotty at best) didn’t they move away from the run after that first scoring drive? Weren’t the multiple consecutive 3 and outs mainly constituted of pass plays?
Yeah on the next play they started the drive with the sack, and then had that -5 yard pass to mooney.
The next drive started with the Griffin penalty and they tried 2 runs with herbert and then fields had the illegal pass. So they really tried to get back to the run after the first 3&out but they just couldnt stay ahead of the chains with the penalty and a 1st and 15 run for 1 yard.

UK_STALEY

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah on the next play they started the drive with the sack, and then had that -5 yard pass to mooney.
The next drive started with the Griffin penalty and they tried 2 runs with herbert and then fields had the illegal pass. So they really tried to get back to the run after the first 3&out but they just couldnt stay ahead of the chains with the penalty and a 1st and 15 run for 1 yard.
Fair one. It’d be interesting to see exactly where the pass plays Getsy called occurred in the game

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Drive 1 they score a touchdown, running all over green bay.

Drive 2(down by 3)- pass(sack)pass (-4 yards) pass completed for 7, punt.

Drive 3(down by 3) Run, Run, Illegal forward pass, punt.

Drive 4(down by 10) pass incomplete, run, pass short of 1st, punt.

Drive 5, (down by 17) pass, end of half.

Care to tell me how they could have been more balanced?

Where was the opportunity to let him throw more.... oh yeah- the 3 pass and punt drive after the td?

I am counting 7 pass plays and 3 runs from td drive to half time, when the game was over.

Think, McFly, think.

czman

Liked Posts:
The problem I had was less about play calling and more about personal. On the second and third drive monty and Jenkins were out. I am pretty sure every td the Bears have scored Jenkins was on the field. I am not saying Jenkins is the key to the off. The Bears don't have a lot of talent so pulling Monty and Jenkins just means they are playing entire series or multiple series with less talent. That is what is leading me to the conclusion that Getsy is a moron. Or the Bears are still in evaluation mode (that would be moronic too).

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Care to tell me how they could have been more balanced?

Where was the opportunity to let him throw more.... oh yeah- the 3 pass and punt drive after the td?

I am counting 7 pass plays and 3 runs from td drive to half time, when the game was over.

Think, McFly, think.
Read, McFly, read.

Again, my point was that they're being disingenuous about the balance. I wasn't criticizing the approach. But since we're talking about it, and this is just a personal preference because i don't care how many games they win, i would throw the ball more whether its working or not. I would test the QB. I would give their young tackles more reps pass blocking. I would get more targets to their alleged star WR and whatever the hell Kmet is. If Justin Fields isn't ready to throw the ball, don't have him out there. Dont put him in there and hide him.

The Packers were moving the ball at will. You're down 3 scores to start the 4th. a 6 minute drive with lots of Montgomery is exactly what they want and unfortunately they got to the the goal line and got zero points. Best case scenario.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Fair one. It’d be interesting to see exactly where the pass plays Getsy called occurred in the game
Multiple sites you can go to to see the play by play.

Would probably stay away from NFL.com though. The site gets more AIDS every year.

UK_STALEY

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Multiple sites you can go to to see the play by play.

Would probably stay away from NFL.com though. The site gets more AIDS every year.
Thanks!

Maybe NFL.com is where I caught it, I assumed it was all the unprotected anal

Heidenlarm

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I definitely agree that the playcalling was unbalanced.

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I wasn't able to watch the Packers game so I do not know what was going on and what went wrong. HOWEVER, if most of the passing snaps where under center, YOUR ARE DOING THE SAME THING WE WERE COMPLAIN ABOUT NAGY WITH.

If this Oline is as weak as we think it is, with Jones and Jenkins being the two most exciting parts of the line we talk about (assuming.) that is a huge problem with the OC early to point out. From what I did hear of the game at world, there were quite a few snaps under centers...

If I am right about these passes, it's like staring at Nagy Jr. without the RPO

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
yes, after the first run heavy drive the next 5 possessions had 9 pass plays called to 4 run plays called, they went back to run heavy because the passing wasn't working

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
The balance was fine. Penalties and lack of execution in the pass game was the problem offensively.

Obviously giving up 24 1st half points is unacceptable. Bears likely won’t win more than a game or 2 if that continues

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Does Getsy think he's Jay "FU" Cutler?
Flus wants more balance and this is Getsy's answer?

Toast88

Liked Posts:
I think the problem is the 41 offensive snaps, not the balance.

If only there was something an offense could do about their number of snaps....