What is Justin Fields ceiling?

Bust

Liked Posts:
Regardless Fields should have a good game against a bad team Sunday. Hopefully he can show some flashes.

if the winless Texans beat the Bears @ Home and it's Lovie Smith too? Social media bear fans will implode

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Wake Forest Demon Deacons
Regardless Fields should have a good game against a bad team Sunday. Hopefully he can show some flashes.
Yea. For what it's worth, Pro Football Focus has the Texans with the 32nd ranked secondary in the NFL. (We're 27th.)

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers
He just doesn't have it he does have the Mahomes, Joe Burrow arm or the Lamar Jackson running abilities. He's just a guy who's pretty good at everything and learned a ton of bad maybe potentially irreversible habits.

Fans desperately want him to be the next Aaron Rodgers but Santa Claus isn't real folks.

Justin Fields has the worst offensive supporting cast in the league and it's not particularly close.

Mahomes 1st season starting, he had Tyreek Hill, Travis Kelce, Kareem Hunt, Sammy Watkins, Spencer Ware (year after almost 1k rushing yds), Chris Conley (basically a more productive Pringle, had 5 tds), and a total of 7 guys who had more TD catches than anyone else on the Bears roster did last season (with the exception of Mooney).

Burrow has Jamar Chase who is significantly better than anyone the Bears have at WR, Tee Higgins (more yds than Mooney, 1 fewer TD), Joe Mixon (13 rushing tds, 1200 yds), Tyler Boyd (828 yds, 5 TDs), and CJ Uzomah (493 yds, 5 TDs).

Lamar Jackson had 16 tds, 13 ints last season. His two top receiving targets were Mark Andrews (1361 yds, 9 TDs), Hollywood Brown (1008 yds, 6 TDs), Rashod Bateman (46 catches, 515 yds, 1 TD, this year already has 2 TDs and 167 yds in 2 weeks) and Sammy Watkins (394 yds, 1 TD). The Ravens ran the ball by committee with Lamar leading the way with just under 800 yds rushing and 2 running backs (Devonta Freeman and Latavius Murry) combining for 1077 yds and 7 TDs.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Justin Fields has the worst offensive supporting cast in the league and it's not particularly close.

Mahomes 1st season starting, he had Tyreek Hill, Travis Kelce, Kareem Hunt, Sammy Watkins, Spencer Ware (year after almost 1k rushing yds), Chris Conley (basically a more productive Pringle, had 5 tds), and a total of 7 guys who had more TD catches than anyone else on the Bears roster did last season (with the exception of Mooney).

Burrow has Jamar Chase who is significantly better than anyone the Bears have at WR, Tee Higgins (more yds than Mooney, 1 fewer TD), Joe Mixon (13 rushing tds, 1200 yds), Tyler Boyd (828 yds, 5 TDs), and CJ Uzomah (493 yds, 5 TDs).

Lamar Jackson had 16 tds, 13 ints last season. His two top receiving targets were Mark Andrews (1361 yds, 9 TDs), Hollywood Brown (1008 yds, 6 TDs), Rashod Bateman (46 catches, 515 yds, 1 TD, this year already has 2 TDs and 167 yds in 2 weeks) and Sammy Watkins (394 yds, 1 TD). The Ravens ran the ball by committee with Lamar leading the way with just under 800 yds rushing and 2 running backs (Devonta Freeman and Latavius Murry) combining for 1077 yds and 7 TDs.

Just because a QB doesn't have a good supporting cast doesn't mean they're good. Rookie QB's are almost always on bad teams but sadly they have to find a way to make it work despite the odds.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

That was an excellent assessment all around. We have to understand that this is a complete rebuild of a football team. They dumped a lot of dead money contracts for a 2023 rebuilding. In my view a number of those high priced former pro bowler guys were dogging it or jaking injuries last year including their best receiver and 3-4 high priced lbs and defensive linemen.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think that right now, Fields ceiling may be Romo and that is pretty good as far as I'm concerned. For the present I would put in an offense in which he is allowed to move the pocket around and use his mobility as a weapon. I also think that they have an asset in Pettit that should be used more at receiver.

Bearcub13

Liked Posts:
I don't see Fields turning into a Aaron Rodgers, Andrew Luck or Burrow level of talent who went through a similar struggle as Fields. It's just highly improbable.

Justin Fields ceiling is probably Matt Ryan or Andy Dalton level QB.
Who the hell are you? I don't see you turning into a gm, but that is just what "I think"...If the kid really can't read and respond to defenses then he is just a role filler at best, but if he can figure it out, the sky is the limit. Again that is just my opinion, but I do really believe that.

Bust

Liked Posts:

back in the day it was about the most important position in football raising the level of his teammates.

now since justin has been meh since day 1 it's become the bears need hall of famers and all pro's to surround him at all positions to make him good,

heh

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
if the winless Texans beat the Bears @ Home and it's Lovie Smith too? Social media bear fans will implode
Can you imagine? I bet it would be at NFC championship/Cutler levels. Ugh, just the though makes me nauseous.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I don't see Fields turning into a Aaron Rodgers, Andrew Luck or Burrow level of talent who went through a similar struggle as Fields. It's just highly improbable.

Both of these guys have losing playoff records,

So after just 13 games....... What makes u not "see" JF having success and winning SB's?

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
He has only started 12 games and 10 of those with an awful coach. He didn't even have any first team reps in the 2021 preseason. He has the arm, can make all the throws, is very athletic and is very football smart. He is a leader and is already chanhing his routine so he can study even more film. He wants to succeed at a top level. He can be elite and that is his ceiling. Allen looked bad at first. Hurts and Tua looked bad at first and they are both progressing and moving up the list of best qb's. Yes, he has some bad habits from The Ohio State. but they all can be coached out of him.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Ceiling is open air, Russell Wilson on Steroids but no clue if he ever even approaches that.

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers
back in the day it was about the most important position in football raising the level of his teammates.

now since justin has been meh since day 1 it's become the bears need hall of famers and all pro's to surround him at all positions to make him good,

heh
I don't think he needs all pros or hall of famers to succeed. I do think having league average players at more than one position on offense would be helpful instead of basically garbage at every position with the exception of Montgomery/Herbert. Hopefully Mooney reappears after being on a milk carton the last two weeks.