I still believe in Fields

Rise

Liked Posts:
I still believe in Fields long term but I don't think the coaching staff does. They're trying to maximize wins, not trying to maximize the development of their QB by potentially losing winnable games if he make mistakes. They're basically using him like a veteran, journeyman QB who they believe is a liability with the run heavy focus.

It’s dick jauron and John shoop using Slash all over again.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I am just appeased that mooney and kmet showed up on the board at all at this point. I wasn’t expecting much trust out of this oline (what else is new) but fields does seem indecisive and same old shit with the sacks and bad center exchanges

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
In no way am I giving up on him yet.

He looked fucking lost today...He had no football rhythm. He was tripping over people and was looking for a collapsing pocket more than his receivers. It seemed like his first instinct was to think about where to run and then think about throwing the ball. He is also forgetting to set his feet on throws on the run. He was playing on pure athleticism today and forgot several fundamentals.

Its not all on Fields. Teams are taking away the bootleg. Bears will need to adjust.

Also, the Bears are one of the least talented teams in the NFL. That is pretty apparent. They will need to focus on getting a WR and better Olinemen.

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Fields was a clown out there today.
Tripping over his own feet and spraying passes all over.

The run game was tremendous, causing the defense to cheat up,, there were openings between zones, and Justin was not anticipating his openings.

He did nothing to show he understood the defense he was facing and instead just threw at what he saw open... which is too late.

An abysmal day.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Feel free to bump this in a few years and call me a Fieldsexual. Or whatever.

All of us knew this season would be painful. Fields has definitely been less than great, but we have a long way to go. If things still look this way in the deeper part of the season, then that's a different conversation.

The Bears are 2-1 and I only had them pegged for 6-7 wins this season.

There were some concerning things today, but if I am going to stick by my feeling that this is truly year 1 for Fields, then I am not going to reserve any judgements this season.

It is concerning, however, that the accuracy he had last year is nowhere to be found this year.

That said - the offensive line is straight up atrocious. I think Jenkins is actually performing well, and surprisingly, I think Whitehair is holding up.

But as Run and Shoot said, Brax was getting beat a bit off the left side, Borom was getting absolutely eaten alive on the right side, and if Mustipher wasn't getting pushed back, he was missing his assignments and letting guys by.

I think the front office and coaching staff knows EXACTLY what they have, and knows they just don't have enough. Fields looks like he's seeing ghosts out there and I don't blame him. They are running the ball to protect fields and get as many wins as they can along the way until they can get to next year.

And I do think Jones Jr. is going to be a bigger part of this offense in the screen game once he's healthy.

This whole thing is going to look like this all year - I've resigned myself to that. But the coaches at least seem to know what we all do, which is why they are game planning so conservatively. I think next year will be totally different.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
I hated the two interceptions.
He also had 3 or 4 boneheaded throws.

But he has zero protection. Zero weapons. His athleticism alone gave the Bears 4 first downs today.

He is a more accurate and more athletic Mitch. But if the Bears aren't going to provide any protection and help for him, he will crash and burn.

I like Fields. I think he has potential. But it's the Bears that are failing him. And his mistakes today are more a culmination of things rather than Fields simply not being good.

In short, I feel bad for the guy.

Last...
Don't let 2-1 fool you. This team is terrabad and I think they go 4-13.

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
His reaction/awareness to the threat is slow even when he moves great and can help the team isn't what I want to see yr2. Started drinking at kickoff so have fun boys.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
In no way am I giving up on him yet.

He looked fucking lost today...He had no football rhythm. He was tripping over people and was looking for a collapsing pocket more than his receivers. It seemed like his first instinct was to think about where to run and then think about throwing the ball. He is also forgetting to set his feet on throws on the run. He was playing on pure athleticism today and forgot several fundamentals.

Its not all on Fields. Teams are taking away the bootleg. Bears will need to adjust.

Also, the Bears are one of the least talented teams in the NFL. That is pretty apparent. They will need to focus on getting a WR and better Olinemen.

Actually the rest of the team played pretty well. How else would you win with horrific QB play.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Actually the rest of the team played pretty well. How else would you win with horrific QB play.
They played ok. The oline still collapsed too fast, too often in pass protection. and there were not enough quickly open receivers.

Luckily the Bears were also playing a team lacking in talent.

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Wasn't it the most rushing yards by the bears in about 40 years?

It was a titanic effort by the backs and some damn fine run blocking.

...there was no reason for Justin to hit panic mode, but he looked like he was panicked in the pocket all day.
If this is the result of feeling pressured, if this is the mechanics and decision making he reverts to, he isn't gonna make it long term.

This was ineptitude.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
They played ok. The oline still collapsed too fast, too often in pass protection. and there were not enough quickly open receivers.

Luckily the Bears were also playing a team lacking in talent.

The oline still collapsed too fast, too often in pass protection.
THIS