I still believe in Fields

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
He’s just flat out not good enough right now. He can still turn it around but he better do it quick.
He ain't looking great there's still time though he is young
But if I had ta make the call today I'd say the bears need too start looking at the position seriously again this coming draft and offseason

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Feel free to bump this in a few years and call me a Fieldsexual. Or whatever.

All of us knew this season would be painful. Fields has definitely been less than great, but we have a long way to go. If things still look this way in the deeper part of the season, then that's a different conversation.

The Bears are 2-1 and I only had them pegged for 6-7 wins this season.
Bears will fuck up the Giants next week as well

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
modo said

Ok so that's on Getsy to craft that type of " gashing" offensive game...right?

Has dementia clouded your memory of how to beat a Smith defense?
Recognize who is coming at you and take the hot read in their area.

How many games did we watch effective qbs exploit that area of a Smith defense?

How many times did you watch Justin pull the trigger at the top of his drop vs. Watching the pass rush and waiting for openings downfield?

Be objective.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
He ain't looking great there's still time though he is young
But if I had ta make the call today I'd say the bears need too start looking at the position seriously again this coming draft and offseason

If they can't look within ans realize they offered the guy ZERO help, then what good would another 1st round qb be? He'd fail too! I'm not saying that Fields is or isn't the guy but I know for a fact he doesn't have the help.

He is no Aaron Rodgers. Let's get real here. But Even the HOFer Rodgers could use some God damned Wide receivers!

What weapons does Fields have at his disposal. I'm pretty sure Fields is dead last in time to throw.
It's a failed experiment all around. He'll go down as another shit qb, no doubt.

That's why i pulled for Trubisky to succeed elsewhere But it's clear to me now that that guy is a journeyman at best. But for me, it was hard to see when the coach sucks and the personnel sucks around him.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
And he played similar you seem to think Trubisky played well his second year. If he dis he still be a bear
That’s the point. Trubisky sucks. He had the same situation Fields has now and he even looked better. Trubisky’s year #2 was light years better then Fields is playing right now.

shoez90

Liked Posts:
That’s the point. Trubisky sucks. He had the same situation Fields has now and he even looked better. Trubisky’s year #2 was light years better then Fields is playing right now.
Do you honestly think Trubisky looked better ?? With all his over throws and non reads of defense or receivers? Not to mention he had way better talent

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I am am giving fields the benefit of the doubt on his intentional grounding....
But not sure if I should.
It looked panicked.

Having an illegal forward pass and an intentional grounding call in back to back weeks does not give me the warm and fuzzies in regards to his awareness.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Do you honestly think Trubisky looked better ?? With all his over throws and non reads of defense or receivers? Not to mention he had way better talent
absolutely he looked better. Trubisky’s 2nd year was one of the better Bears QB performances the last 20 years (sad but true). In Week 4 of his 2nd year he threw 6tds. Fields has 9 TDs in his whole career. Fields look like Kyle Orton.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Has dementia clouded your memory of how to beat a Smith defense?
Recognize who is coming at you and take the hot read in their area.

How many games did we watch effective qbs exploit that area of a Smith defense?

How many times did you watch Justin pull the trigger at the top of his drop vs. Watching the pass rush and waiting for openings downfield?

Be objective.
He had so many easy throws to make today and he just didn’t. Even the INT to Kmet was a freaking layup and he missed by several feet.

shoez90

Liked Posts:
absolutely he looked better. Trubisky’s 2nd year was one of the better Bears QB performances the last 20 years (sad but true). In Week 4 of his 2nd year he threw 6tds. Fields has 9 TDs in his whole career. Fields look like Kyle Orton.
He had better talent around him didn't he? Who did he throw those against?

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins

Sight for sight, so far? yes. It's early but definitely Mitch could throw for over 100 yds