I still believe in Fields

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He ain't looking great there's still time though he is young
But if I had ta make the call today I'd say the bears need too start looking at the position seriously again this coming draft and offseason
I think that it is too early to look for a replacement for a guy who is such a great athlete. The Bears need to give teh kid some receiver help and guys who can pass block. Preferably guys who are mobile and are able to move the pocket around a bit for him.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
modo said

Ok so that's on Getsy to craft that type of " gashing" offensive game...right?

Has dementia clouded your memory of how to beat a Smith defense?
Recognize who is coming at you and take the hot read in their area.

How many games did we watch effective qbs exploit that area of a Smith defense?

How many times did you watch Justin pull the trigger at the top of his drop vs. Watching the pass rush and waiting for openings downfield?

Be objective.

I'm not the passing game co-coordinator. I don't prepare the offensive game plan. I don't go over film of Smith's D with JF, I don't know the "hot routes: & "check with me's" Getsy uses.

JF said in a recent interview, he just executes the plays that are called. Period. You might wanna fire this info off to Gesty Gesty, who's inexperienced..... is the guy to anwer these questions.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think that it is too early to look for a replacement for a guy who is such a great athlete. The Bears need to give teh kid some receiver help and guys who can pass block. Preferably guys who are mobile and are able to move the pocket around a bit for him.

I am not saying give up on him, I will give him 5-6 more games but you can't put him missing guys running free on anyone but him. Today was bad. I hope it's the thing that wakes him up.

fenderpfunk

Liked Posts:
I'm not the passing game co-coordinator. I don't prepare the offensive game plan. I don't go over film of Smith's D with JF, I don't know the "hot routes: & "check with me's" Getsy uses.

JF said in a recent interview, he just executes the plays that are called. Period. You might wanna fire this info off to Gesty Gesty, who's inexperienced..... is the guy to anwer these questions.

He doesn't execute them though.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I certainly can't blame some for having concerns.

But who is he supposed to be throwing to, exactly? They started with a bad WR roster and were down three of those guys today.

Mooney hasn't been open since ARob played on the other side. ESB? Who else?

The Bears would be throwing him to the wolves if they called as many passes per game as some people want. If he has a WR to build around and they were getting used to one another, sure. But right now with nobody to throw to, they should be saving him some. Don't ruin him by getting him beat up all day.

Listen, I am not making excuses fo rhis inaccurate throws or misreads. I am not at all happy with how he has played, and I am concerned, too. No argument that he has not looked good. But the idea they should be "airing it out" is literally the worst thing they can do this week.

Liked Posts:
I certainly can't blame some for having concerns.

But who is he supposed to be throwing to, exactly? They started with a bad WR roster and were down three of those guys today.

Mooney hasn't been open since ARob played on the other side. ESB? Who else?

The Bears would be throwing him to the wolves if they called as many passes per game as some people want. If he has a WR to build around and they were getting used to one another, sure. But right now with nobody to throw to, they should be saving him some. Don't ruin him by getting him beat up all day.

Listen, I am not making excuses fo rhis inaccurate throws or misreads. I am not at all happy with how he has played, and I am concerned, too. No argument that he has not looked good. But the idea they should be "airing it out" is literally the worst thing they can do this week.

I think when you look at the tape there’s plenty of guys open, that first Int he threw was inexplicable, guy was wide open . They need to dumb down the decision making for him to only 2 reads and have him either tuck and run or throw it away after that. He’s just not there mentally, sucks.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I am not saying give up on him, I will give him 5-6 more games but you can't put him missing guys running free on anyone but him. Today was bad. I hope it's the thing that wakes him up.
I just don't see all this "missing guys running free" stuff that you and some others do. I see some bad decisions that he makes but I also see some "touch" that he is learning to put of the ball, and some nice throws that does make. The kid is "learning". And he is learning with a bad bunch of very small receivers and no dependable go to guy including the tight end group

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Do you honestly think Trubisky looked better ?? With all his over throws and non reads of defense or receivers? Not to mention he had way better talent
100% he looked better, and I'm glad Mitch is gone because he wasnt good enough. Mitch had a 95QBR in year 2 with 24TD and 12INT

Fields is completing 50% of his passes, LESS then 100 yards per game and is sitting at a 49 QBR. I was willing to give him this year but at some point you need to start evaluating the rest of the offensive talent. A few more games like this and I say cut your losses and bench him

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
I think when you look at the tape there’s plenty of guys open, that first Int he threw was inexplicable. They need to dumb down the decision making for him to only 2 reads and have him either tuck and run or throw it away after that. He’s just not there mentally, sucks.
agreed ESB is constantly open.....we saw him again today on occasions with 4 seconds or more looking around like he can't make his mind up, the idea that if we had a superstar WR he would somehow be better i think is incorrect. Turn on Brady and Rodgers right now, there are no star WRs and they're both making it work, Rodgers is beating Brady w/ a rookie and Randall Cobb

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
I just don't see all this "missing guys running free" stuff that you and some others do. I see some bad decisions that he makes but I also see some "touch" that he is learning to put of the ball, and some nice throws that does make. The kid is "learning". And he is learning with a bad bunch of very small receivers and no dependable go to guy including the tight end group

He missed at least 3-4 this game. I would argue the first two games were 50/50. This game they were blantantly open running free. One was on the pick intended for Mooney, he had Equifax running down the sideline.

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
agreed ESB is constantly open.....we saw him again today on occasions with 4 seconds or more looking around like he can't make his mind up, the idea that if we had a superstar WR he would somehow be better i think is incorrect. Turn on Brady and Rodgers right now, there are no star WRs and they're both making it work, Rodgers is beating Brady w/ a rookie and Randall Cobb
near the end of the game Fields rolled out and floated one that was almost picked, he had ESB near the sideline completely alone with nobody behind him and never even looked

Heidenlarm

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm starting to lose confidence in him. I hope the light goes on, but I'm not seeing it. I counted two passes that were impressive to me: the first being a completion to Kmet at the end of the second and the second pass being the completion to Mooney in the fourth. Both passes he stood tall and threw darts. Bootlegs have been a something people like to bring up, but he hasn't looked good with those either. The Bears employed play action multiple times today and with a running just crushing it, he still didn't look good. He completed one or two, but those were passes I could daresay Ommy could complete.

I mentioned it once before, but hasn't the narrative always been one of the best ways to help a young developing qb is to have a strong running game, keeping the opposing defense honest and allowing the play action to open things up?

I didn't like the series at the end of the half, I think they should have been much more aggressive and just flung it around.

And just to throw it out there, though it doesn't matter one bit now, at similar points in their careers, Trubisky definitely looked better.