Fields Honest Assessment Of Performance

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
“Straight up, I just played like, I want to say the ‘A’ word, but I’m not gonna do that,” he said. “I just played like trash. I played terrible and really I’ve just got to be better.”

“I’m about to go to the film tonight,” Fields said. “I played terrible. So I’m gonna see the film tonight, see what I could have done better and get better for my teammates.”

“Cole was open,” Fields said of that play, “I just missed the throw.”

“The only positive we can take for me is that we got the win,” Fields said. “Again, you know, I’m going to just continue to get better.”

Honestly, now is not the time to cry about the OL or the WRs. Fields was ass today. It is what it is. The best case scenario is he is going thru what Hurts went thru last year and will start to figure it out later this year and then take off once that better understanding is paired with better talent last year.

But for the love of God stop making excuses for the guy. Fields knows he was shit and no it was the OL or the WRs fault. Nor even Getsy. For all the faults of those other elements of the game, it is Fields that is the main problem right now. Fields knows it so no need to white knight for him.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
...For all the faults of those other elements of the game, it is Fields that is the main problem right now.
Yup. Can anyone name a player that was worse than Fields today?

Maybe, the rookie Gordon? Is that it?

Bust

Liked Posts:
Trevor Lawrence came from a more horrid situation with the Jags last year and it looks like he is starting to figure it out. They destroyed the Chargers 38-10, on the road even.

meanwhile justin . . . #PANIC

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Yep. We’re already seeing the “receiver ran a poor route” or the line didn’t block well shit.

He just flat out sucked and it got to him. Every mistake made it snowball in his mind. He was talking to himself at one point on the bench.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
“Straight up, I just played like, I want to say the ‘A’ word, but I’m not gonna do that,” he said. “I just played like trash. I played terrible and really I’ve just got to be better.”

“I’m about to go to the film tonight,” Fields said. “I played terrible. So I’m gonna see the film tonight, see what I could have done better and get better for my teammates.”

“Cole was open,” Fields said of that play, “I just missed the throw.”

“The only positive we can take for me is that we got the win,” Fields said. “Again, you know, I’m going to just continue to get better.”

Honestly, now is not the time to cry about the OL or the WRs. Fields was ass today. It is what it is. The best case scenario is he is going thru what Hurts went thru last year and will start to figure it out later this year and then take off once that better understanding is paired with better talent last year.

But for the love of God stop making excuses for the guy. Fields knows he was shit and no it was the OL or the WRs fault. Nor even Getsy. For all the faults of those other elements of the game, it is Fields that is the main problem right now. Fields knows it so no need to white knight for him.

Newsflash - life is not binary.

One CAN not make excuses for Fields, AND also acknowledge the O-Line is straight up ass in pass pro.

I think dumb fuckers should stop putting it all on Fields. There's a lot of blame to spread around.

Bust

Liked Posts:
I just dont think he has the qb instincts required to play the position at a high level.

it's almost as if he is playing the wrong position. Deebo Samuel II ??? hmmmm

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
No?

Here is the problem with this way of thinking. We don't have one issue. We have multiple issues that play off each other and make all the other issues look even worse.

If everything was good, except for the QB, maybe you put Siemian in. But that's not the case. In regards to the offense, we have issues at OC/QB/OL/WR/TE. On offense, only our RBs and guards look good.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Where was D.Pettis? Besides when he was fucking up punt return doodies.

Bust

Liked Posts:
No?

Here is the problem with this way of thinking. We don't have one issue. We have multiple issues that play off each other and make all the other issues look even worse.

If everything was good, except for the QB, maybe you put Siemian in. But that's not the case. In regards to the offense, we have issues at OC/QB/OL/WR/TE. On offense, only our RBs and guards look good.

did you copy this from an old Jay Cutler apologist thread?

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
No?

None of that excuses just simply how bad he was today. WR’s, TE’s and others were open plenty of times. And flat out missed them or threw a horribly inaccurate pass.

The Bears ran several times in 3rd & long. The coaches don’t even trust him to run bubble screens or easy dump offs now.

Something isn’t clicking for him. And we’re all clueless as to what the fuck is going on in his mind.

redgrange19

Eater of Ham
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
We waited years on Trubisky, and it was clear he wasn’t the guy. Fields looks a lot worse and isn’t showing any signs of improvement. He’s thinking too much, inaccurate and just not a great thrower of the football. Beginning to think it’s time to move on. Usually you can tell pretty early if a guy has “it”, and I’m not seeing anything from him. I obviously wish I was wrong, but it is what it is. He can’t play.

Bronek

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Georgia Bulldogs
For Justin its just bad day at the office, hoping for better day tomorrow. Young kid, give him the time to figure out. It's not like the plan of us going in to the playoffs is ruined. Its rebuild year after all. Its all gonna be sorted out at the end of a season.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
For Justin its just bad day at the office, hoping for better day tomorrow. Young kid, give him the time to figure out. It's not like the plan of us going in to the playoffs is ruined. Its rebuild year after all. Its all gonna be sorted out at the end of a season.

Not with the roster we got now.

This will start to be truly sorted out next season.

This season is just about surviving until the next one.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Yup, no excuses for Fields after this one. The rest of the offense wasn't perfect by any means, but he was straight ass. Feel like at this point he's putting so much pressure on himself and just in his own head. He's not playing even as good as last year and I'm sure that's frustrating for him.