Haven't seen much blame for Eberflus

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
I'm watching The Flus presser right now and he basically said he's focused on developing the whole team, not just one guy unless it's part of the whole.

...so guys who are complaining that they're putting winning over developing Fields...that's their philosophy - it's not going to change. They are not going to let Fields air it out 35 times a game.

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm watching The Flus presser right now and he basically said he's focused on developing the whole team, not just one guy unless it's part of the whole.

...so guys who are complaining that they're putting winning over developing Fields...that's their philosophy - it's not going to change. They are not going to let Fields air it out 35 times a game.

which is the way to go about it

JordanSigler

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Fields, Getsy and the OL have been the talk of the town for the past couple of weeks. And for good reason - Fields and Getsy have both been awful. But, how are we feeling about Eberflus at this point?? I'm not sure what the fuck his clock management was at the end of the first halve today. The offense is struggling, can he bring anything to the table to help?

This is the exact reason it would have been nice for the Bears to go with an offensive coach (Daboll/Peterson). Bears have a first year coordinator, 2nd year QB, and very few (if any) playmakers that are struggling right now and what can the HC even do to help them improve? This product we're seeing currently is borderline unwatchable. Fields barely cracked 100 yards through 4 quarters. The fact that Fields looked more competent under Nagy's CHIT offense in his rookie year is very discouraging. What are we even doing? Figure it out, Flus

eberflus-flus.gif
Bears could use a Jerry Rosburg.

Bust

Liked Posts:
I can tell CCS is going to be a lot of fun this week. what's incredible was they didn't lose and it's the end of the universe and shit.

in terms of infighting, it's actually going to be tame this week cause the justin apologists will be mostly quiet

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:

Well then, I guess I have my answer for the OP.

Matt Eberflus is a ****ing meathead.

If you seriously do not believe that developing a quarterback is paramount to pretty much everything else, you are letting the modern NFL pass you by.

Which pretty much makes you the perfect coach for the Chicago Bears.

JordanSigler

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

If you seriously do not believe that developing a quarterback is paramount to pretty much everything else, you are letting the modern NFL pass you by.

Perfectly said

mecha

Liked Posts:
in terms of infighting, it's actually going to be tame this week cause the justin apologists will be mostly quiet
who exactly are the "Justin apologists"? the overall consensus is it's too early to even grade him. maybe bandwagon quarterback fan Midway Fields fits your criteria? in all fairness Trubisky was already on his way to that fluke 6 TD game against the shit Buccaneers by this point. Nagy's gimmick offense had yet to be figured out; the coaches now are afraid to turn Fields loose.

that all being said, Eberflus is a defensive coach that's letting the coordinators do the heavy lifting. what the fuck does anything regarding Fields or the offense have to do with him?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Fields, Getsy and the OL have been the talk of the town for the past couple of weeks. And for good reason - Fields and Getsy have both been awful. But, how are we feeling about Eberflus at this point?? I'm not sure what the fuck his clock management was at the end of the first halve today. The offense is struggling, can he bring anything to the table to help?

This is the exact reason it would have been nice for the Bears to go with an offensive coach (Daboll/Peterson). Bears have a first year coordinator, 2nd year QB, and very few (if any) playmakers that are struggling right now and what can the HC even do to help them improve? This product we're seeing currently is borderline unwatchable. Fields barely cracked 100 yards through 4 quarters. The fact that Fields looked more competent under Nagy's CHIT offense in his rookie year is very discouraging. What are we even doing? Figure it out, Flus

eberflus-flus.gif
Getsy was far from awful in 2 of the 3 games and after todays QB performance, I feel less bad about the calls in game 2. You have to question his ability as a QB whisperer until we see better play there..

Flus chose to live another day at the end of the 1st 1/2 and stay in the game as opposed to possibly give it away like the Texans did at the end of the game.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The guys on The Tape Never Lies agree with you. They think the coaches just didn't want Fields to eff it up and let the clock run out.

TTNL is being hard on Fields, and they kinda nutt-hugged Mitch the first few years. They straight up think he should get benched.
Benching him right now would be extremely stupid.

Bust

Liked Posts:
Getsy was far from awful in 2 of the 3 games and after todays QB performance, I feel less bad about the calls in game 2. You have to question his ability as a QB whisperer until we see better play there..

Flus chose to live another day at the end of the 1st 1/2 and stay in the game as opposed to possibly give it away like the Texans did at the end of the game.

after watching the offenses of the 49ers and Broncos . . maybe it's not that bad afterall??!?? Bears are one of the youngest teams in the nfl boyz

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Developing the team and Fields are not mutually exclusive. You can also hurt QB development by letting them fuck up too much.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Benching him right now would be extremely stupid.
Correct. He has to keep playing. For me, I have no excitement over starting Simien and going 9-8 to be cannon fodder in the wildcard round.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
after watching the offenses of the 49ers and Broncos . . maybe it's not that bad afterall??!?? Bears are one of the youngest teams in the nfl boyz
Honestly, Fields is making the passing game look that much worse right now.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

I really don’t think Flus & Poles believe in Justin that much. Hopefully he isn’t that stupid to not believe in developing QB’s but as you said, he is a Bears head coach.

doctorbear

Liked Posts:
Eberflus was expected to be by bad by everyone except the most homerish of bears fans

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
We were told Eberflus is more like a CEO style coach and is going to let his co-ordinaters run their show.

*I'd also mention that we had no chance with Daboll or Pederson. Did Daboll even agree to be interviewed? Pederson's interview was rumored not to go well. My guess is he wanted more control than brass would give.
George knew who he wanted. Took poles balls and said take it or leave it eberflus the coach you hiring