David Montgomery

Luke

Liked Posts:

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I can’t imagine they are going to be rushing Monty back with how Herbert looked. RB depth could be an issue. Guess we’ll get a look at Ebner too

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Prognosis is good. Seems like we might get him back, which is great. But don't you want to see Herbert more? I do.

You need 2 and David Is clearly one of the top 2 so yes, I want him back. Herbert was built for this running scheme but is not as good a blocker and runs with very low knees/not very shifty if things get congested. More of a one cut and go type momentum runner which s great for outside zone. Saw that immediately once Herbert arrived.

From a year ago when we weren't running much zone.

If we run a coordinated outside zone for Herbert, Lazor gets a huge thumbs up for putting him in a position to succeed.

Last edited:

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I like the combo attack. Montgomery is a better blocker and receiver even though he hasn’t been used much as a receiver. Either way another injury another reason not to extend him but they prob will cause this talentless shit roster doesn’t have much to spend on

Davide

Liked Posts:
Wildcat formation every snap with Montie & Herbert :)

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Got a lot of looks at him yesterday and all I can say is "meh". Khalil Herbert looked good, but him and Montgomery are the better combo.

Get well soon!!!
Yeah less Ebner, please.

redgrange19

Eater of Ham
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Good news for Monty. Ebner hasn’t been impressive since the first preseason game. Dude looks like it hurts to run. Hopefully Velus can find the fountain of youth and bring some juice to the kickoff game because we’ve struggled badly there.

Bust

Liked Posts:
Got a lot of looks at him yesterday and all I can say is "meh". Khalil Herbert looked good, but him and Montgomery are the better combo.

Get well soon!!!

!!!GROUND AND POUND WINS GAMES!!!

Need 2 backs in the nfl and the bears have them. Their O line is putting up massive holes.

10-7

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
!!!GROUND AND POUND WINS GAMES!!!

Need 2 backs in the nfl and the bears have them. Their O line is putting up massive holes.

10-7

If Fields continues to look like not even a backup level QB, they wont win another game, yet alone 8 more. Wont matter if they average 300 rushing yards per game.

TL1961

Liked Posts:

NorcalBear

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Now I'm hearing Monty might be going on IR for a few weeks? ?

msadows

Liked Posts:
I could have run through the holes the Oline was creating. It wasn’t Herbert. Herbert actually looks slow.

Monty is the Bears best offense player and it’s not even close.

Pretty much this.

CCS is full of @Black Rainbow level IQ's. It's pretty clear that the holes being opened by the OL are massive on a decent portion of these run plays.

Monty would have had an even bigger game. Only thing I see in herberts game thats better than monty is his patience to hit a hole.

Thats not to say herbert is a scrub by no means. It's a good problem to have, he's a very capable NFL back, but he's not a complete NFL back.

NorcalBear

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
I agree. Especially having Monty on my fantasy team.. it annoyed me what all the outsiders and (fantasy related analyst) say about Herbert over Monty. Monty would have had a huge day as well if he hadnt gotten injured. So it was a double stinger for me. Not to cry over fantasy- as in real life it's a tough break for Monty to get that 2nd contract. I love his tackle breaking ability and if Herbert was heaps quicker/faster than Monty that would be one thing.. but Herbert isnt. Thankfully Herbert is good enough to fill the void however.

BeerFan

Liked Posts:
Herbert didn't really do anything monty couldnt.

Monty is also a much better pass blocker and pass catcher.

You think he actually watches football? Only thing he watches is our responses to his posts.
Monte critics said Monte doesn't have break-away speed. Herbert got chased down from behind too.
In postgame show, Briggs praised Herbert but added the comment that Monte probably would've had near 200 yards. With that said, Monte is their #1 when healthy but we need them both.