Fields Honest Assessment Of Performance

redgrange19

Eater of Ham
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Call you names? How about if you continue to act like an idiot, I will continue to call you an idiot.

You want to blame Fields for "Trubisky and every other failed young Bears QB for literally decades"? WTF does that have to do with Fields?

If 10 years from now it turns out Fields was bad, even after he has some talent and a competent coaching staff to work with, then you can gloat. Making a judgement on a guy after 14 games, with what he has to work with, is beyond stupid and right up your alley.

I have a feeling most Bears fans will give him a shot, I know the front office and coaching staff will, they don't have a choice. At some point when Fields has some talent around him and a competent coaching staff, we will see what he is. With all the natural talent the young man has, I am looking forward to finding out how good he can really get.

Lol Dude, I don’t even know you. But we’ve all seen this shit before. I’ve been critical of the Bears and for fucks sake, we all should be with the product served year after year. Can you blame a fan base for being being cynical? I’ll be an idiot all fucking day if it means calling a turd a turd. It is what it is.

Look, I want him to succeed. I think we all do, but he has to show us SOMETHING. Other quarterbacks throughout history have had shit lines and produced. I’ll point out one game I thought he looked like THE GUY. Pittsburgh last season showed flashes. Maybe the 49ers game last season if you’re reaching. I think the fans would just like to see something similar to that effort somewhat consistently. Today had the makings of a breakout game. Worst opponent all season, coming off an embarrassing prime time loss, low stakes noon start…and well, we saw what happened. It’s fair for fans to question if he’s the guy, even with the limited sample size.

Last edited:

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Newsflash - life is not binary.

One CAN not make excuses for Fields, AND also acknowledge the O-Line is straight up ass in pass pro.

I think dumb fuckers should stop putting it all on Fields. There's a lot of blame to spread around.
You expect everyone else to play perfect before you're willing to put the blame where it belongs. Everyone makes mistakes every game but it can't be their trend. The weight of the world if on Fields shoulders right now and it's a heavy burden he'll hopefully learn to carry but we just won a game with absolute shit QB play yet you want to point fingers at the other reasons we won the game.

WRs were open, Fields had time outside of a few throws or bad calls like the naked in the 4th and the OL was a big part of winning this game on the ground. A couple of the sacks were on them but the others on Fields.

Justin's time to throw going into this game was 3.26 sec. Highest in the NFL. You can't do that and not expect a ton of pressure. It's the opposite of what he should be doing with an OL that's only been a unit for a couple weeks. He doesn't feel rushers. He's not good in the pocket, he was inaccurate today, missed reads and is consistently late. He could get better like somebody flipped a switch, improve incrementally or bust but none of that affects the fact that he simply sucked today. Reads, placement, adjustments, fumbles and taking unnecessary sacks.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
You mean I'm not an over-reacting man-child?

Thank you.

Fields looked bad today. Never said different.

He wasn't the only one, and other quarterbacks would have also gotten killed back there.

The two don't have to be mutually exclusive.

Sorry. Other QB’s wouldn’t have been killed back there. You keep using that as a defense for him but only shitty QB’s would have looked bad back there today. Fuck, even Mitch would have had a 100 rating with an offensive line that paved the way for 275+ yards on the ground. At this point, I’m pretty sure you never watched the game. And you also aren’t even knowledgeable about the run blocking scheme the Bears use in Getst’s offense judging by your comments in another thread.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Lol Dude, I don’t even know you. But we’ve all seen this shit before. I’ve been critical of the Bears and for fucks sake, we all should be with the product served year after year. Can you blame a fan base for being being cynical? I’ll be an idiot all fucking day if it means calling a turd a turd. It is what it is.

Look, I want him to succeed. I think we all do, but he has to show us SOMETHING. Other quarterbacks throughout history have had shit lines and produced. I’ll point out one game I thought he looked like THE GUY. Pittsburgh last season showed flashes. Maybe the 49ers game last season if you’re reaching. I think the fans would just like to see something similar to that effort somewhat consistently. Today had the makings of a breakout game. Worst opponent all season, coming off an embarrassing prime time loss, low stakes noon start…and well, we saw what happened. It’s fair for fans to question if he’s the guy, even with the limited sample size.
90180105a4120bf4f068434897ba0342.jpg

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Newsflash - life is not binary.

One CAN not make excuses for Fields, AND also acknowledge the O-Line is straight up ass in pass pro.

I think dumb fuckers should stop putting it all on Fields. There's a lot of blame to spread around.
He had a number of clean pockets, both that I remember he was picked off. He was absolutely a disaster. I hope this is the bottom and he picks himself up and silences the haters.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
He had a number of clean pockets, both that I remember he was picked off. He was absolutely a disaster. I hope this is the bottom and he picks himself up and silences the haters.

The lie that I keep hearing is that the blame needs to be spread around. This is simply not true. He sucked. End discussion.

Bust

Liked Posts:
14 games into his NFL career Justin Fields: Comp Per. 58.4% QBR 72.8
11 games into his NFL career John Elway: Comp Per. 47.5% QBR 54.9

Only morons judge an NFL QB based on a tiny sample at the beginning of his career. Could Elway play?

Is every teams fan base this ignorant? Where Broncos fans being as stupid as Mr. Grange?

for every one john elway success story there are 10 ohio state reject qb's tho

msadows

Liked Posts:

Yea he did, but that oline is still terrible.

A lot of these running lanes are because opposing defenses are just crashing hard at Fields and forcing him to beat them....which he can't.

Those playaction sacks were pathetic. You can't call that play again if your qb is sacked before he even finishes his drop. Sad.

This must be the easiest offense to gameplan for in the NFL. Let the run game gash you because even if they get into the redzone the bears aint throwing. Just play the pass 24/7 and #1 will fail eventually.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
for every one john elway success story there are 10 ohio state reject qb's tho

LOL So that is why you want to cut Fields after 14 games? He went to Ohio St.?

I think the Bears should give Fields a chance to play with competent coaching and quality talent before giving up on a first rounder.

Or the Bears could use Cade Mcnown as an excuse to overreact and shoot themselves in the foot like the crying little bitches ITT.

The Elway example was used to point out, you do NOT judge a QB on his first dozen games. Well idiots do, but successful teams do not.

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It keeps getting worse.

I have zero idea what he's waiting for on that play. Who is he waiting on to get open? Does he not know the play? Is he concussed? He's gun shy this season and it makes zero sense

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
I have zero idea what he's waiting for on that play. Who is he waiting on to get open? Does he not know the play? Is he concussed? He's gun shy this season and it makes zero sense
It really does look like he doesn't know the plays. Almost like he's searching for his guys instead of knowing their routes. It looks far worse than last year. I'm hoping he can figure it out

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
thats an interesting question, he has taken a lot of hits, its like he just cant process what's happening on the field

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
fields was spot on with his assessment, he played like ass...makes me wonder if he is also pressing too much which is contributing to his poor play...kid wants to be great so bad he's overthinking every aspect.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I don’t recall but did he take any hits early in the game?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Honestly I weirdly felt better watching the film of this game. This really wasn't about Fields not being able to read defenses. This just looks like a guy that is a bit of a scary bitch right now and someone needs to slap the shit out of him and tell him to man up and make the throws he can easily make. Like most of these stuff is basic stuff and he just seems to be suffering from paralysis by analysis right now but that is easily correctable IMO.

Getsy needs to be firm with him and tell him to stop trying to be a hero or wait on other stuff. Take the easy throws the D is giving you and let the chips fall where they may.