The Front Office & Coaching Staff are ahead of the curve - and no one sees it. FTO

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Was the FO not sold on the OL being able to be adequate enough in pass pro or were they not sold on Fields being able to drop back and PLAY QB?? Get rid of the ball, read the defense, take the check down, see the open man, take what the defense gives you?

Fields could have Justin Jefferson and Devante Adams out there and it wouldn’t matter. He has no clue how to run an offense. Can the OL improve in pass pro? Sure. They are inconsistent there. Are they a train wreck? No. The offense’s biggest problem is Fields hands down

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
The coaching staff is ahead of the curve because they are playing 1970s football? Interesting. Also @dennehy already told @Mighty Joe Young that run blocking isn't in fact easier than pass blocking. And another incorrect point is fields actually takes longer to throw than any other qb, so I'm not sure how he has less time than any other qb to throw

I'll believe NFL players over @dennehy. I've listened to the score a lot my years and anytime pass blocking versus run blocking has come up every single offensive lineman has said that run blocking is easier.

So pardon me for believing NFL players over and anonymous form goer who wants to win a pissing contest.

And Fields has the least amount of time to get rid of the ball in the NFL. Start paying attention during a football game because it's been brought up at least two or three times last season and already once this season when they talk about the next-gen stats.

Also they're playing 1970s style football because it's the only thing that's going to allow them to win with their lack of talent on both sides of the ball but especially on the offense.

And I've already said it's a stopgap play style just to get through the year. Have a ton of money next year and we'll have a full compliment of draft picks. Next year is going to be completely different.

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Was the FO not sold on the OL being able to be adequate enough in pass pro or were they not sold on Fields being able to drop back and PLAY QB?? Get rid of the ball, read the defense, take the check down, see the open man, take what the defense gives you?

Fields could have Justin Jefferson and Devante Adams out there and it wouldn’t matter. He has no clue how to run an offense. Can the OL improve in pass pro? Sure. They are inconsistent there. Are they a train wreck? No. The offense’s biggest problem is Fields hands down

No need to get histrionic.

Fields had a bad game. He needs to play better.

The offensive line also had a terrible game and the tackles are awful. A lot of times when your offensive line is bad, your quarterback is also going to be bad. That's just true across the NFL.

I don't understand you guys who try to make it binary where it can only be one or the other.

Or that you're so desperate for fields to be bad to win a pissing contest that you absolutely refuse to acknowledge the line is a pile of crap.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
I'll believe NFL players over @dennehy. I've listened to the score a lot my years and anytime pass blocking versus run blocking has come up every single offensive lineman has said that run blocking is easier.

So pardon me for believing NFL players over and anonymous form goer who wants to win a pissing contest.

And Fields has the least amount of time to get rid of the ball in the NFL. Start paying attention during a football game because it's been brought up at least two or three times last season and already once this season when they talk about the next-gen stats.
Zone run blocking is far from simple. I think you are confusing them liking it better and it being easier.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Its only a stupid argument to stupid people. No one plays in a vacuum. Your post is an example of something Fields does need to get better at. Never said he was faultless. He played bad last game.

However, when I look at the sacks, and see Mustipher getting blown up or blowing an assignment and the edges not holding, that's not on Fields.

Time stamps:

• Like here - Borom blocking the wrong guy (start of vid)
  • Or here, with both Borom and Jones getting abused on the edges (40 seconds in):
  • Or here, Jones getting abused again (and Borom getting tossed as well) (73 seconds in):
  • Or do you prefer a trifecta of Jones, Whitehair, and Borom all getting trucked? (82 seconds in)
  • Tired of the O-Line examples? Ok, let's see someone else not pickup a block. (88 seconds in)
  • Back to the line - RUN JONES RUN, YOU MISSED YOUR BLOCK AGAIN! (95 seconds in)
  • Jones and Borom again - WONDERTWIN POWERS: ACTIVATE! Shape of, A TACKLING DUMMY. Form of, A BLOCKING SLED! (104 seconds in)
  • What happens when your tight end forgets to chip before running his route (112 seconds in)

Separating this one out - lets see what happens when you get Fields time to throw (although Jones tries his hardest to suck) - 122 seconds in

• Back to the crap now! Sam Mustipher felt lonely being left out, so he decided not to block too! (133 seconds in)
  • Wonder TwinTackles at it again! (144 seconds in)
  • Jones and Borom AGAIN getting pushed around, and this time Jenkins has himself a rare bad set (156 Seconds in)

And that is just the FIRST HALF.

NO ONE should come at me saying the line is fine. The tackles can't pass protect for SHIT.

Edit - Youtube blocked the NFL vids and opening it in youtube removes the time stamp. Going to clean it up.

Start of video. 4seconds to throw
40 second mark.. 5 seconds to throw
73 seconds is a screen pass.. your supposed to allow the pressure to come in
82 seconds in is an example of a failure from Fields.. plenty of room to just move to his right to buy time or even run for it.. instead he runs into his own man going left..
JFsackVSHou1.png
jfsackVSHou2.png

88 seconds is an example of Fields not being able to throw the ball accurately for 4 yards, did you mean to have a different time stamp?
95 seconds Jones got beat.. but Fields still had 4 seconds to throw the ball and Fields still ran for 7 yards
104 seconds again almost 4 seconds to throw
112 its not Kmet forgetting to chip, its a designed play where he was supposed to throw it to him, he was open and looking for the ball and Fields decided not to throw it to him and went for another option.

Bottom line here the OL is actually playing pretty well. Half of your examples show the failure is on fields and he actually has the longest time to throw out of every QB in the NFL after 2 games (will see how he stacks up after the stats are updated for all 3 games)..

Also look at the sacks and hurries.. blaming the OL for Fields failure is silly

dennehy

Liked Posts:

I didn't say run blocking was harder. I said why they like it more.

If you actually listened to people talk about it, you would know the difference between gap power blocking and zone blocking, and you would not use the phrase 'run pro.'

I'm not trying to get into a pissing contest, I'm just showing everyone that you don't know what you are talking about.

Enasic

Liked Posts:

The offensive line also had a terrible game and the tackles are awful. A lot of times when your offensive line is bad, your quarterback is also going to be bad. That's just true across the NFL.

I don't understand you guys who try to make it binary where it can only be one or the other.

Or that you're so desperate for fields to be bad to win a pissing contest that you absolutely refuse to acknowledge the line is a pile of crap.
Dude this doesn’t even make sense. No one is desperate for Fields to be bad wtf? ?In fact, it’s the exact opposite. We just happen to watch the games and have the ability to not sugar coat things or make excuses.

I said the OL needs to improve. I disagree that they had a terrible game. The Bears rushed for 281 yards if that’s a terrible game sign me up. They need to get better in pass pro. Fields needs to get better in literally ever quantifiable area. This is his 2nd horrific game in a row. If he had the slightest clue how to play QB, the Bears score 30+ points with ease. The offense is not failing Justin fields. Fields is failing the offense. It’s not ALL on him…but it falls mostly on his shoulders.

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Dude this doesn’t even make sense. No one is desperate for Fields to be bad wtf? ?In fact, it’s the exact opposite. We just happen to watch the games and have the ability to not sugar coat things or make excuses.

I said the OL needs to improve. I disagree that they had a terrible game. The Bears rushed for 281 yards if that’s a terrible game sign me up. They need to get better in pass pro. Fields needs to get better in literally ever quantifiable area. This is his 2nd horrific game in a row. If he had the slightest clue how to play QB, the Bears score 30+ points with ease. The offense is not failing Justin fields. Fields is failing the offense. It’s not ALL on him…but it falls mostly on his shoulders.

Dude I even provided a video and timestamps. The tackles were getting eaten alive during pass protection...

If you think the offensive line was good you're not paying attention.

doctorbear

Liked Posts:
I'm going to make an argument that's going to piss off a lot of meatballs.

And contextualizing my argument likely won't take the sting out of having to sit through another 14 games where the offense looks exactly like it does now and the game plan will seemingly never change as the offense stays extremely conservative.

But take a moment and remember what all of us were talking about before the season even started.

This roster did not have much talent on it. In fact, one could argue that we probably had about the same amount of talent as an expansion team after all the cuts were done.

The Bears made difficult decisions to get out of cap hell and set themselves up for a lot of free space next year. But that means everything going into this year was going to be extremely limited.

And this is still the NFL. The head coach is going to want to do everything he can to win games, even while grossly undermanned. The front office is still going to have the expectation of winning games on them, even as they are stuck with an expansion roster thanks to the turnover they had to do as a result of the failures of the previous regime.

Looking through three games, and the moves made during the offseason, I now see exactly what the front office and coaching staff were thinking and it has absolutely nothing to do with any sort of referendum on Justin Fields.

They knew they were going to be out manned and therefore they came up with the only way they could figure it on winning some games this year - play a style that doesn't allow the opposing offense to have the ball for very long,

Run blocking typically is easier for offensive lines than pass blocking and the Bears already had some decent running backs on the roster. So they went out and got wide receivers who were better arguably at run blocking then they were receiving.

The one wild card is Jones Jr, who I believe was healthy they will utilize more on screen passes and dump-offs to capitalize on the speed.

The entire point of this being:

THE FRONT OFFICE AND THE COACHING STAFF DOES NOT BELIEVE IN THE OFFENSIVE LINE TO HOLD LONG ENOUGH DURING PASS PROTECTION.

People keep missing out on this.

It was said on the broadcast that Fields over the past year and this many games was the most hit quarterback behind the line of scrimmage in the NFL and it's been mentioned in other broadcasts and on NFL next-gen stats that over this past year and this handful of games that Fields also has the least amount of time to throw in the NFL.

None of this excuses fields are absolves him of when he makes mistakes. But at the same time not everything people are calling his mistakes are actually his mistakes.

Everything is geared towards run this season because they don't think they have the talent to do anything else. There's no point in going out and getting that stud wide receiver for Fields if they don't think the offensive line can pass block long enough for Fields to make that throw.

This is going to be a process. This year WILL suck and we all just have to get through it.

And if you still think the Bears will get rid of Fields at the end of the season and draft a new QB - let me crush those dreams right now...

The staff and front office know this isn't a good enough team around him to properly evaluate Fields.

Yes, Fields needs to get better. No doubt.

But the whole team does before we know what we got in him.
Dumb thread by dumb poster.

Of course you’ll never bring this up again when all these people are fired.

Also tl;dr

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Its only a stupid argument to stupid people. No one plays in a vacuum. Your post is an example of something Fields does need to get better at. Never said he was faultless. He played bad last game.

However, when I look at the sacks, and see Mustipher getting blown up or blowing an assignment and the edges not holding, that's not on Fields.

Time stamps:

• Like here - Borom blocking the wrong guy (start of vid)
  • Or here, with both Borom and Jones getting abused on the edges (40 seconds in):
  • Or here, Jones getting abused again (and Borom getting tossed as well) (73 seconds in):
  • Or do you prefer a trifecta of Jones, Whitehair, and Borom all getting trucked? (82 seconds in)
  • Tired of the O-Line examples? Ok, let's see someone else not pickup a block. (88 seconds in)
  • Back to the line - RUN JONES RUN, YOU MISSED YOUR BLOCK AGAIN! (95 seconds in)
  • Jones and Borom again - WONDERTWIN POWERS: ACTIVATE! Shape of, A TACKLING DUMMY. Form of, A BLOCKING SLED! (104 seconds in)
  • What happens when your tight end forgets to chip before running his route (112 seconds in)

Separating this one out - lets see what happens when you get Fields time to throw (although Jones tries his hardest to suck) - 122 seconds in

• Back to the crap now! Sam Mustipher felt lonely being left out, so he decided not to block too! (133 seconds in)
  • Wonder TwinTackles at it again! (144 seconds in)
  • Jones and Borom AGAIN getting pushed around, and this time Jenkins has himself a rare bad set (156 Seconds in)

And that is just the FIRST HALF.

NO ONE should come at me saying the line is fine. The tackles can't pass protect for SHIT.

Edit - Youtube blocked the NFL vids and opening it in youtube removes the time stamp. Going to clean it up.

Is this it.....Justin Fields All Plays WEEK 3 vs Houston. I always put the time stamps in myself.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Dude I even provided a video and timestamps. The tackles were getting eaten alive during pass protection...

If you think the offensive line was good you're not paying attention.

As a whole the OL was fine. Some of those clips you showed actually contradict your point. Like I said before, the OL has room to improve in pass pro. They played well enough to not have Fields look like he doesn’t belong in the league though. Not sure what you’re watching

Sparks500

Liked Posts:
Fields came right out and said “I played like ass”. Now, let’s see what he’s made out of next Sunday…
he looked unprepared….

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I'm going to make an argument that's going to piss off a lot of meatballs.

And contextualizing my argument likely won't take the sting out of having to sit through another 14 games where the offense looks exactly like it does now and the game plan will seemingly never change as the offense stays extremely conservative.

But take a moment and remember what all of us were talking about before the season even started.

This roster did not have much talent on it. In fact, one could argue that we probably had about the same amount of talent as an expansion team after all the cuts were done.

The Bears made difficult decisions to get out of cap hell and set themselves up for a lot of free space next year. But that means everything going into this year was going to be extremely limited.

And this is still the NFL. The head coach is going to want to do everything he can to win games, even while grossly undermanned. The front office is still going to have the expectation of winning games on them, even as they are stuck with an expansion roster thanks to the turnover they had to do as a result of the failures of the previous regime.

Looking through three games, and the moves made during the offseason, I now see exactly what the front office and coaching staff were thinking and it has absolutely nothing to do with any sort of referendum on Justin Fields.

They knew they were going to be out manned and therefore they came up with the only way they could figure it on winning some games this year - play a style that doesn't allow the opposing offense to have the ball for very long,

Run blocking typically is easier for offensive lines than pass blocking and the Bears already had some decent running backs on the roster. So they went out and got wide receivers who were better arguably at run blocking then they were receiving.

The one wild card is Jones Jr, who I believe was healthy they will utilize more on screen passes and dump-offs to capitalize on the speed.

The entire point of this being:

THE FRONT OFFICE AND THE COACHING STAFF DOES NOT BELIEVE IN THE OFFENSIVE LINE TO HOLD LONG ENOUGH DURING PASS PROTECTION.

People keep missing out on this.

It was said on the broadcast that Fields over the past year and this many games was the most hit quarterback behind the line of scrimmage in the NFL and it's been mentioned in other broadcasts and on NFL next-gen stats that over this past year and this handful of games that Fields also has the least amount of time to throw in the NFL.

None of this excuses fields are absolves him of when he makes mistakes. But at the same time not everything people are calling his mistakes are actually his mistakes.

Everything is geared towards run this season because they don't think they have the talent to do anything else. There's no point in going out and getting that stud wide receiver for Fields if they don't think the offensive line can pass block long enough for Fields to make that throw.

This is going to be a process. This year WILL suck and we all just have to get through it.

And if you still think the Bears will get rid of Fields at the end of the season and draft a new QB - let me crush those dreams right now...

The staff and front office know this isn't a good enough team around him to properly evaluate Fields.

Yes, Fields needs to get better. No doubt.

But the whole team does before we know what we got in him.

So you wrote this fucking novel to say:

“I think Fields will be here next year.

The roster sucks.

I think I’m smart.”

?

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Why do you believe the front office now when they said this about Mike Glennon, Jay Cutler, and Mitch Trubisky but clearly lied. What make you think they are telling the truth now?
You realize by “front office” he doesn’t literally mean the office itself, right?

This front office is new and was not the front office when those other QBs were employed by the Bears.

Not sure you saw that news.

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

The offensive line that helped rush for nearly 300 yards had a bad game? Stop with the excuses already. JF had a bad game and he can have those without it being attributed to the offensive line or the WRs

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Is this it.....Justin Fields All Plays WEEK 3 vs Houston. I always put the time stamps in myself.

Originally I had every video time stamped but because of the NFL copyright, the video timestamps didn't come out and if you clicked on each individual video it would just take you to the beginning. So I had to set it up where just a link to the video and then the number of seconds into the video attached to what I'm talking about.

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
The offensive line that helped rush for nearly 300 yards had a bad game? Stop with the excuses already. JF had a bad game and he can have those without it being attributed to the offensive line or the WRs

Pass protection is different than run blocking. That's not a hard concept.

They were better in run blocking than they were in pass protection. During pass pro, the tackles got eaten alive.