The Front Office & Coaching Staff are ahead of the curve - and no one sees it. FTO

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Then you try and say the coaching staff is trying to hide the pass protection? No, they're trying to hide the quarterback.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Fields came right out and said “I played like ass”. Now, let’s see what he’s made out of next Sunday…
he looked unprepared….

That's the funny thing. I agree with him. He played like ass.

But him playing like ass also doesn't excuse the tackles from being awful in pass protection.

I'm just tired of dumb fans who are so lazy that they don't even want to understand football and therefore just make everything the quarterback's fault.

If our tackles were holding up better, Fields wouldn't have been sacked as much or flushed from the pocket as much, and therefore would have had more time to scan the field. And if that happened he might not have looked like he was jumping at ghosts out there. It may have evened out his game and he may have had a better game.

Everything plays into everything but lazy dumb people just don't want to admit that to themselves because it's easier to lean into the old dumb Bears fan mentality of "dur, the quarterback is a bust".

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Then you try and say the coaching staff is trying to hide the pass protection? No, they're trying to hide the quarterback.

Let me spell this out for you.

Going into the season, the coaching staff and the front office knew that they likely wouldn't have a line good enough to consistently protect the quarterback. And because run blocking is easier than pass protection, they prepared for the season setting that up. It's why they got a bunch of wide receivers who appear to be better at blocking then actually getting open and receiving.

They are trusting on the running game and the defense to carry them through.

We also have the report from Jay glazer that the front office does believe in fields.

So I don't know what more you want. I feel like this is going to be a fast forward to next year's draft, where you are going to let the media get you all lathered up and expect a brand new quarterback to be drafted, only to devolve into a full-on-forum rage fit when they end up taking something like a left tackle or a wide receiver...

When that happens, just remember who warned you.

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Let me spell this out for you.

Going into the season, the coaching staff and the front office knew that they likely wouldn't have a line good enough to consistently protect the quarterback. And because run blocking is easier than pass protection, they prepared for the season setting that up. It's why they got a bunch of wide receivers who appear to be better at blocking then actually getting open and receiving.

They are trusting on the running game and the defense to carry them through.

We also have the report from Jay glazer that the front office does believe in fields.

So I don't know what more you want. I feel like this is going to be a fast forward to next year's draft, where you are going to let the media get you all lathered up and expect a brand new quarterback to be drafted, only to devolve into a full-on-forum rage fit when they end up taking something like a left tackle or a wide receiver...

When that happens, just remember who warned you.

I didnt say for the team to give up on Fields so I dont know who's going to be upset if they don't take a QB. All I'm saying is that the team clearly doesn't trust Fields at this moment and when your run game is working as well as it has been, of course you're gonna lean on that.

In your made up world, Fields is doing okay and its the talent around him. But in reality, the line is playing better than expected and Fields is not.

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I didnt say for the team to give up on Fields so I dont know who's going to be upset if they don't take a QB. All I'm saying is that the team clearly doesn't trust Fields at this moment and when your run game is working as well as it has been, of course you're gonna lean on that.

In your made up world, Fields is doing okay and its the talent around him. But in reality, the line is playing better than expected and Fields is not.

See now you're putting words in my mouth.

Where did I say Fields is doing okay?

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
See now you're putting words in my mouth.

Where did I say Fields is doing okay?

" I feel like this is going to be a fast forward to next year's draft, where you are going to let the media get you all lathered up and expect a brand new quarterback to be drafted, only to devolve into a full-on-forum rage fit when they end up taking something like a left tackle or a wide receiver..."

and where did I say any of this?

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Yeah, I cleaned it up. I posted the original video, which still won't work unless you go to youtube, but it kills all the time stamps, so I included the time stamps in the bullet points and cleaned up all the videos execpt for the first one.

I thought before this game that Jones was going ok at LT, but whoever said he was getting destroyed last week had it right.

It was me.
#70 Braxton Jones the blind-side LT has been getting beat consistently. That's where the pocket collapse starts, then the other tackle Larry Borom gives away. Then JF has to get on his motorcycle and zoom outta there :LOL:?

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
" I feel like this is going to be a fast forward to next year's draft, where you are going to let the media get you all lathered up and expect a brand new quarterback to be drafted, only to devolve into a full-on-forum rage fit when they end up taking something like a left tackle or a wide receiver..."

and where did I say any of this?

That was just a projection based on how you are acting.

Nothing in there was me claiming you saying anything.

By the way, did you catch any of coach Flus's press conference?

You know, the one where he was quoted as saying:

"A lot of that is the pocket, too, at times, when we were looking at the film," Eberflus said. "We've got to make sure we have a clean pocket for him to ride the pocket up and then deliver the ball."

So I guess that means the coach of the Bears agrees with me even if a lot of people in this thread don't.

???

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
It was me.
#70 Braxton Jones the blind-side LT has been getting beat consistently. That's where the pocket collapse starts, then the other tackle Larry Borom gives away. Then JF has to get on his motorcycle and zoom outta there :LOL:?

Dude you called it.

I wasn't paying enough attention to that the last couple games but after my conversation with you I wanted to make it a point to really look at it this go round.

I saw it a little bit during the game but when I went back and looked at the tape out today, holy Jesus did you call it. Jones is absolutely getting manhandled in pass protection. And borom is getting waxed as well.

Completely explains to me why they picked up leatherwood, contract and all, off of waivers.

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That was just a projection based on how you are acting.

Nothing in there was me claiming you saying anything.

By the way, did you catch any of coach Flus's press conference?

You know, the one where he was quoted as saying:

"A lot of that is the pocket, too, at times, when we were looking at the film," Eberflus said. "We've got to make sure we have a clean pocket for him to ride the pocket up and then deliver the ball."

So I guess that means the coach of the Bears agrees with me even if a lot of people in this thread don't.

???

It means that there were plays that the offensive line didn't play the best, obviously. They didn't play nearly as badly as you're making it out to be though.

Sevendaymelee

Liked Posts:
I don't care about which is doing better, the passing game or the running game. If one side is dominating and doing well, the other side is only needed to be there from time to time to pick up the slack. So if the running game can stay this good, and Fields can throw the occasional six-yard pass to get a first down when needed, I'm good. The defense looks all right. Not good, not great, but serviceable. So as long as the running game can keep producing like it is, screw Fields and the passing game. I don't really care. .

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
It means that there were plays that the offensive line didn't play the best, obviously. They didn't play nearly as badly as you're making it out to be though.

You know the moment you budge from your argument, it defeats the purpose of your entire argument.

I thought the line played fine according to you?

If now you're admitting they didn't play the best, now you're backing off of your original statement.

Meanwhile I got a video with timestamps showing that the tackles had a really rough time and the coach of the Bears who happens to think the same thing I do after looking at the tape.

Yeah dude I would just walk away on this one if I were you. ?

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I don't care about which is doing better, the passing game or the running game. If one side is dominating and doing well, the other side is only needed to be there from time to time to pick up the slack. So if the running game can stay this good, and Fields can throw the occasional six-yard pass to get a first down when needed, I'm good. The defense looks all right. Not good, not great, but serviceable. So as long as the running game can keep producing like it is, screw Fields and the passing game. I don't really care. .

I mean I think the staff wants fields to develop a little bit but I also think they are realistic and feel pretty similarly to how you feel.

They're going to have plenty of ammunition to really surround Fields with much better talent next off season.

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You know the moment you budge from your argument, it defeats the purpose of your entire argument.

I thought the line played fine according to you?

If now you're admitting they didn't play the best, now you're backing off of your original statement.

Meanwhile I got a video with timestamps showing that the tackles had a really rough time and the coach of the Bears who happens to think the same thing I do after looking at the tape.

Yeah dude I would just walk away on this one if I were you. ?

What offensive line plays perfect every snap? You sound like a moron when Fields clearly was the worst player on offense yesterday.

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
What offensive line plays perfect every snap? You sound like a moron when Fields clearly was the worst player on offense yesterday.

You just can't get off the narrative can you?

Honestly this exchange has run its course.

All I will say is I've stayed consistent in my arguments and you didn't. I have video evidence and you don't. The head coach of the Bears said something that agrees with my take on it and not yours.

And as a reminder all I said was that Fields had a really bad game but that's all the problems we saw were not completely him. That doesn't excuse him from it and he does need to get better, but so do a lot of areas on the offense.

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You just can't get off the narrative can you?

Honestly this exchange has run its course.

All I will say is I've stayed consistent in my arguments and you didn't. I have video evidence and you don't. The head coach of the Bears said something that agrees with my take on it and not yours.

And as a reminder all I said was that Fields had a really bad game but that's all the problems we saw were not completely him. That doesn't excuse him from it and he does need to get better, but so do a lot of areas on the offense.

I already showed video evidence and in that evidence there was a perfectly fine pocket, and open WRs and Fields didn't throw the ball.

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I already showed video evidence and in that evidence there was a perfectly fine pocket, and open WRs and Fields didn't throw the ball.

I showed video evidence of at least ELEVEN times pass protection didn't hold up.