Are we all bad people?

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
The NFL has a long way to go to be on par with 18 seasons of the deadliest catch..

9716358a.gif

the fact of the matter is people die in lots of jobs making peanuts compared to what you can make in the NFL. As long as the NFL is not trying to hid the risks then the players know what they are getting into just like the fishermen know what they are getting into when they are crab fishing.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
The NFL has a long way to go to be on par with 18 seasons of the deadliest catch..

View attachment 22952

the fact of the matter is people die in lots of jobs making peanuts compared to what you can make in the NFL. As long as the NFL is not trying to hid the risks then the players know what they are getting into just like the fishermen know what they are getting into when they are crab fishing.

I used to love this show. Is it still good? How’s Sig doing these days?

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
After the Tua incident last night I’ve never seen so many people talking about how awful the NFL is and they’re “after your kids” etc etc etc….

Should we get the flags? Are we bad people for supporting this sport? (I think not, but some do)

No. You're all bad people for other reasons .

???

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Here goes mighty Joe c3po laughing at his own terrible attempts at jokes again. @Mighty Joe Young , you aren't just a despicable QAnon-supporting piece of shit, but your takes on football are so consistently horrible that you have to come up with a new handle and try again every six months, since like 2005.

Maybe you should sit the fuck down before your desperation becomes too obvious.

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
After the Tua incident last night I’ve never seen so many people talking about how awful the NFL is and they’re “after your kids” etc etc etc….

Should we get the flags? Are we bad people for supporting this sport? (I think not, but some do)

The same assholes calling out the NFL have no problem sending 18 year olds off to fight wars based on corporate interest and when said 18 year old comes back home all fucked up they say "thanks for your service" hand him off to his family and say "hes your problem now". YOu play football you know the risk. These are adults.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Pretty sure the bad people in this situation are the so called "doctors" and "health professionals" employed by the team. Everyone and The Cawk could clearly see he was concussed last week. Their "back injury" bullshit was pathetic, and isn't going to hold up under investigation.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Tell you what, football Is basically barbaric and probably would not exist without socioeconomic disparity.

That said, I love it. I just make sure I don't contribute a single dollar to the NFL, even only watching through pirated streams.

Excepttt for when bears are playing near me, I do buy a ticket. Don't feel good about it tho.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Any contact sport carries the risks of injury. Hockey, lacrosse, soccer, rugby. They’re paid
Millions. I do think if a player has a history of concussions, he shouldn’t be playing. Like a NFLPA rule.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Any contact sport carries the risks of injury. Hockey, lacrosse, soccer, rugby. They’re paid
Millions. I do think if a player has a history of concussions, he shouldn’t be playing. Like a NFLPA rule.
I would extend that to podcasts or vlogs re: cutler.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Perhaps they should implement an anonymous reporting system. Any player, regardless of position, gets their "bell rung" on a play, they hit a button and that gets compiled into data which is later analyzed.

If anyone remembers Eric Lindros' career, fuck...

No penalties called, that was a "clean hit." Yet, it took almost 2 decades to make those types of hits illegal in most sports (except soccer, because they die every time the take a step on the pitch).

Towards the end: "that's a good hit though..."

Last edited:

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
We're all bad and good. But in this case the Dolphins and NFL failed. Tua was concussed in the Sunday game, he was noodle legged twice after getting up. The concussion protocol failed him and no doubt in my mind this led to him getting his clocked clean harder from the hit last night.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Pretty sure the bad people in this situation are the so called "doctors" and "health professionals" employed by the team. Everyone and The Cawk could clearly see he was concussed last week. Their "back injury" bullshit was pathetic, and isn't going to hold up under investigation.
I kinda think the coaches should have known too. Like you said… everyone could clearly see.