Are we all bad people?

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
The NFL has a long way to go to be on par with 18 seasons of the deadliest catch..

View attachment 22952

the fact of the matter is people die in lots of jobs making peanuts compared to what you can make in the NFL. As long as the NFL is not trying to hid the risks then the players know what they are getting into just like the fishermen know what they are getting into when they are crab fishing.
I had no idea commercial fishing was that dangerous. Maybe I shoulda checked that show out.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I had no idea commercial fishing was that dangerous. Maybe I shoulda checked that show out.
It was a great a show.

Insanely dangerous…. Days of no sleep. Giant icy waves crashing over constantly . Huge steel pots being flung everywhere. And the real chance your boat could sink? ?

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why do people free climb, hang glide, parasail, squirrel suit, sky dive, or eat at Arby's?

These are all choices people make to risk things for the sake seeing if they can do it.

If we bubble wrap everyone our race will die off. NFL players just happen to get a shit ton of money for it.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Why do people free climb, hang glide, parasail, squirrel suit, sky dive, or eat at Arby's?

These are all choices people make to risk things for the sake seeing if they can do it.

If we bubble wrap everyone our race will die off. NFL players just happen to get a shit ton of money for it.

I got brave one day on a road trip with limited options a few years ago….

#NeverAgain

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
Here's a controversial thought: there are no bad people. Literally no one was born bad - not even Hitler.

Sure people do horrible crazy things with amazing frequency and the worst and craziest things are usually done by men. Shit we've all done awful things. But it's not because we're bad, it's because of how we have been socialized. We'd be much more rational and probably less competitive in general if we were raised differently, but this society is wack and in need of transformation.

(Yes I believe in accountability, for everyone who is about to say I'm sidestepping personal responsibility).

If we're listing moral challenges to tackle I would put stopping climate catastrophe at the top of the list by a big margin, and giving up football fandom near the bottom.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
No idea yet somehow you say you were in the navy lol. Imagine claiming to be nautical and not knowing nautical dangers...

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Perhaps they should implement an anonymous reporting system. Any player, regardless of position, gets their "bell rung" on a play, they hit a button and that gets compiled into data which is later analyzed.

If anyone remembers Eric Lindros' career, fuck...

No penalties called, that was a "clean hit." Yet, it took almost 2 decades to make those types of hits illegal in most sports (except soccer, because they die every time the take a step on the pitch).

Towards the end: "that's a good hit though..."
Vicious cheap shot

Doubledown

Liked Posts:
Wooo

Attachments

• C80E47A4-0662-460D-9481-8112FF40D663.png
    C80E47A4-0662-460D-9481-8112FF40D663.png
    646.6 KB · Views: 3

Heidenlarm

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes. Some just worse than others. For we need God to have a stroke.