Bears Fans "Badge of Honor"

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:
Anyone a Bears fan outside of Chicago?

If so do you proudly say you're a Bears fan like most Chicagoans or are you a self loathing fan who watches the games but knows you're in an endless downward spiral of shit year after year?

Last edited:

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:

If so do you proudly say you're a Bears fan like most Chicagoans or are you a self loathing fan who watches the games but knows you're in an endless downward spiral or shit year after year?
I don't wear sports apparel, so no one would know. If asked, I'd definitely say I'm a Bears fan.

I don't get emotionally attached to players or the team, so there's no self-loathing. It's just spectator sports, it's not part of my identity.

zabavka

Liked Posts:
So even Chicagoans are fans just cause the team represents the city?

Used to be a level of pride there, guess times have changed for the worse although with the way this team has progressed since 1985 can't say I'm surprised.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
I don't get emotionally attached to players or the team, so there's no self-loathing. It's just spectator sports, it's not part of my identity.
It's like saying "I'm a fan of the Terminator movies" and having someone be like "but Genisys was pretty fucking terrible, you loser, you should be ashamed of liking Terminator movies compared to me, a Matrix movies fan."

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Theres pride knowing that Im not some fake bandwagon douche. I gladly let people know I follow the shitty Bears. I Might quiz them on their team so I can expose them and make them feel as shitty as I do being a Bears fan.

Reactions: DC

94c4lt1

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I tell people I'm a Bears fan. I have some bears related decor up in my work office so it's pretty apparent anyways. My sister still lives in Chicago so she sends me shit all the time. Am I proud of how terrible the Bears are? Nah, but I'm not ashamed of it either. I don't understand why people associate their identity or accomplishments with a sports organization. Sure, I'll root for the Bears to be good and compete since it's more fun watching wins than losses, but a loss doesn't ruin my day nor does a win have any significant impact on my personal life. It's just a recreational activity and source of conversation and interest - nothing more.

Now if they would just put me on the payroll and my salary depend on how the Bears perform, then I've have a more vested interest...

zabavka

Liked Posts:
Why do we as Bears fans always value potential over current production?

It's always wait till next year, this guy will be good if we give him a chance to grow, all we need is a new QB, OL, coach, GM etc and we'll be good again.

Been hearing that same shit since I was 8 and the Bears won the Superbowl, it's all bullshit.

Hold the team and yourself as a fan accountable.

The Bears suck at football and have for a long time.

Stop paying for gear, stop paying for tickets and hold ownership accountable for this shifty product we've had for decades.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

It's always wait till next year, this guy will be good if we give him a chance to grow, all we need is a new QB, OL, coach, GM etc and we'll be good again.

Been hearing that same shit since I was 8 and the Bears won the Superbowl, it's all bullshit.

Stop paying for gear, stop paying for tickets and hold ownership accountable for this shifty product we've had for decades.
Cool, but all they care about is revenue and are moving on to a new source (gambling dollars.) Your merchandise pennies are no longer required by the machine and they don’t care.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:

Hate to break it to you, but the NFL has this thing called "revenue sharing." Even if bears fans never bought another ticket or jersey the McCaskeys would still be rolling in money.

Doubledown

Liked Posts:

Small stadium , Big Market. Any time We are at Soldier Field it feels like half the Fans are only there for A Social outing,

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
So even Chicagoans are fans just cause the team represents the city?

Maybe, although there are plenty of Packer fans here now because they get just about as much television coverage and have been better at winning games for a few decades.

I got suckered in under those Ditka Bears and stick around because it feeds my inner Goth Kid.

Used to be a level of pride there, guess times have changed for the worse although with the way this team has progressed since 1985 can't say I'm surprised.

Maybe the Lovie Bears suckered some young bloods that are barely clinging to life.

As to the OP, I was a Bears fan living outside of Chicago for the entire 1990s and was only embarrassed to be a Bears fan because everyone wanted to reenact that SNL skit with me in the middle of a crowded bar and THAT was way worse than the shitty teams the Bears fielded in that time.

KoreanBear

Liked Posts:

Offseason is the Bears' playoffs.
They don't fuck around in the offseason.
It's like that euphoric day or two before the lotto numbers are announced.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Offseason is the Bears' playoffs.
They don't fuck around in the offseason.
It's like that euphoric day or two before the lotto numbers are announced.
True. Lots of celebrating here when mass firings are done. Lol.

It's like fans are excited at the possibilities, but they should know by now another round of shit hires are coming. The quality coaches avoid the Bears.

KoreanBear

Liked Posts:
True. Lots of celebrating here when mass firings are done. Lol.

It's like fans are excited at the possibilities, but they should know by now another round of shit hires are coming. The quality coaches avoid the Bears.
I don't know if quality coaches avoid the bears or the McCaskeys just don't want to spend the money on a quality coach, but either way we get what we get year after year... The bears have taken me and stripped me of optimism.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

If so do you proudly say you're a Bears fan like most Chicagoans or are you a self loathing fan who watches the games but knows you're in an endless downward spiral of shit year after year?
I don't shamefully or proudly say I'm a Bears fan. Im just a Bears fan who has no control over the product, so there is nothing to be proud or ashamed of. There is no failure or accomplishment.

They have incompetent ownership that doesn't know how to build a winner. They have to get lucky and they haven't. That's all it is.