Bears Fans "Badge of Honor"

Sparks500

Liked Posts:
Hate to break it to you, but the NFL has this thing called "revenue sharing." Even if bears fans never bought another ticket or jersey the McCaskeys would still be rolling in money.
And that, right there is the problem. Teams have no incentive to win. With the exception of the Packers, the winning teams are just ego trips for billionaire owners, and we don’t have that here.

Pretzel Logic

“I have forced myself to contradict myself "
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Pittsburgh Pirates
  1. Philadelphia 76ers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Pittsburgh Penguins
I'm a Bears fan in the UK.

They lose more than they win.

If people want to talk football even if they think I follow a shit football team, I'm good. It's football, it's not life.

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Yall are either in denial or are fake fans. If you dont care about losing/winning as much or more than the players, you arent a real fan.

mecha

Liked Posts:
Maybe, although there are plenty of Packer fans here now because they get just about as much television coverage and have been better at winning games for a few decades.

I got suckered in under those Ditka Bears and stick around because it feeds my inner Goth Kid.

Maybe the Lovie Bears suckered some young bloods that are barely clinging to life.

As to the OP, I was a Bears fan living outside of Chicago for the entire 1990s and was only embarrassed to be a Bears fan because everyone wanted to reenact that SNL skit with me in the middle of a crowded bar and THAT was way worse than the shitty teams the Bears fielded in that time.
wherever I go if I mention the Bears they automatically say "Da Bears"

I came up in a household that took Bears football seriously in the 80s. the likes of Ditka Payton and McMahon are embedded in my DNA. Grimson can talk about meatballs and boomers all he wants, it was still a cool era even though the team's dominance was short-lived (and he didn't even exist yet either). the Bears aren't an outwardly recognizable brand in terms of their field play for reasons we obviously know. they just have a certain legend to them, and I'm not even talking about 80 years ago with that "Monsters of the Midway" horseshit.

all of my Bears shirts are back home. in addition to my Urlacher SB XLI jersey, which I'm uncertain if there will ever be an occasion I wear that again.

Sevendaymelee

Liked Posts:
When I lived in a place outside of the Bears' area, I wasn't embarrassed about being a Bears fan. But then, that was during the Lovie era, and we were respectable.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ha... regardless of how shitty the Bears are... I would much rather say I am a Bears fan over a Chicagoan....

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
What gets me are the boneheads on the weekly IGT. I swear, they know nothing about either the team or in some cases NFL football in general. Most of them you never see around here except on Gameday. They act like this team is supposed to win even though it's widely known that this team might be the worst in the NFL. The coaches suck!! The players suck!!! Management sucks!! Fire everyone!!! LOL, so fucking stupid. It's so damn important to win a meaningless game against a team just as bad as the Bears are....when the truth is, it's better to lose those games. Neither team is going to the playoffs. THEY BUILT THIS TEAM TO LOSE and they did it for a reason. Let the Giants draft every round in the middle.....I want the Bears drafting up near the top. They have a full draft next year and a lot of cap space, so the idea is sound. Let's hope they can impelment it.

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
Why do we as Bears fans always value potential over current production?

It's always wait till next year, this guy will be good if we give him a chance to grow, all we need is a new QB, OL, coach, GM etc and we'll be good again.

Been hearing that same shit since I was 8 and the Bears won the Superbowl, it's all bullshit.

Hold the team and yourself as a fan accountable.

The Bears suck at football and have for a long time.

Stop paying for gear, stop paying for tickets and hold ownership accountable for this shifty product we've had for decades.

Because it's the only thing we have really. We are not going anywhere until the Bears start putting resources into building an NFL offense. Hopefully that starts in 2023 with a full compliment of draft picks and double the cap space of the next closest team.

Ideally, they draft a WR in the first round and attack other offensive skill positions and o-line in rounds 2-7. Something like this:

1664830963649.png

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
What gets me are the boneheads on the weekly IGT. I swear, they know nothing about either the team or in some cases NFL football in general. Most of them you never see around here except on Gameday. They act like this team is supposed to win even though it's widely known that this team might be the worst in the NFL. The coaches suck!! The players suck!!! Management sucks!! Fire everyone!!! LOL, so fucking stupid. It's so damn important to win a meaningless game against a team just as bad as the Bears are....when the truth is, it's better to lose those games. Neither team is going to the playoffs. THEY BUILT THIS TEAM TO LOSE and they did it for a reason. Let the Giants draft every round in the middle.....I want the Bears drafting up near the top. They have a full draft next year and a lot of cap space, so the idea is sound. Let's hope they can impelment it.
I just do not buy into this team being built to lose. To me, they cleared out a bunch of very highly paid, people who didn't hustle and jaked way too many plays. They also inherited a woefully inadequate draft and a mismanaged quarterback. Right now they are 2-2 and I see talent on both sides of the ball. They have good running backs and a decent run blocking line and Fields excites me on what his future can be. The defense needs help at the point of attack and leadership on calling defensive adjustments. It amazed me how long it took to adjusst to those bootlegs for example.

I wonder if, the defense continues to struggle stopping the run and other defensive mistakes, I wonder if Eberflus takes over the defense for awhile?

1COBearsfan

Equinsu ocha
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't wear sports apparel, so no one would know. If asked, I'd definitely say I'm a Bears fan.

I don't get emotionally attached to players or the team, so there's no self-loathing. It's just spectator sports, it's not part of my identity.
This.

Professional sports is an amusing thing for me to vaguely follow. When the teams I follow are bad, I don’t follow as closely. When they are better, I follow a little closer. I can hold conversations with other teams’ fans and defend my positions without getting into a fight. Just like BR says, this is not a part(or a small part, at least) of my identity