Say Bears are sitting at #3 pick next season...

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
1) Bryce Young
2)Will Anderson
3)???????

Do you take JSN, who has had a lingering hamstring injury, 4 rec and 3DNP's in 5 games so far?
Do you take Jalen Carter, an elite 3 tech T, the motor that makes the Flus defense run?
Do you trade down to to the early teens for 2023 1st, 2nd, 2024 1st, 2nd?

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
They likely take a 3t if it’s Harris Buckner Donald level talent. It would be cool for once to get one of those sweetheart break the bank trade down deals. It would suck for 2023 but a crazy good set up for future years if the right talent gets added with it

Pretzel Logic

“I have forced myself to contradict myself "
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Pittsburgh Pirates
  1. Philadelphia 76ers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Pittsburgh Penguins
I know nothing of the 3T - is he generational, a game changer every play he is in there?

There are 0 tackles to plug on the side that needs the most help on the Oline?

(I don't have enough info in that regard so asking those who know this season)

I'd trade down and hope that Poles and those in the scouting department are up to flesh the roster out while gaining more capital for this draft/future drafts.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
1) Bryce Young
2)Will Anderson
3)???????

Do you take JSN, who has had a lingering hamstring injury, 4 rec and 3DNP's in 5 games so far?
Do you take Jalen Carter, an elite 3 tech T, the motor that makes the Flus defense run?
Depends on a ton of stuff. I think you need to include a trade Fields and draft Stroud choice too.

Of the given choices I'd trade down. It's tempting to go for the 3T but there are a lot of holes on this team and enough good WR that you can still get a plug and play starter WR like Addison at 14 probably.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
1) Bryce Young
2)Will Anderson
3)???????

I am trading down . This team desperately needs a C and LT. Maybe one of those can be addressed in FA, or both. If so then I would still go WR or DT/Edge BPA.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
I know nothing of the 3T - is he generational, a game changer every play he is in there?

There are 0 tackles to plug on the side that needs the most help on the Oline?

(I don't have enough info in that regard so asking those who know this season)

I'd trade down and hope that Poles and those in the scouting department are up to flesh the roster out while gaining more capital for this draft/future drafts.
Carter (3T) is super talented but not dominant on the field as of yet.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
They likely take a 3t if it’s Harris Buckner Donald level talent. It would be cool for once to get one of those sweetheart break the bank trade down deals. It would suck for 2023 but a crazy good set up for future years if the right talent gets added with it
Hopefully Carolina is sitting in the 7-10 range and willing to mortgage everything to move up a few spots.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
1) Bryce Young
2)Will Anderson
3)???????

you take the 3tech.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Hopefully Carolina is sitting in the 7-10 range and willing to mortgage everything to move up a few spots.
Only player I would not take a trade down prob be Anderson. I would take him in heart beat. Other than him I wouldn’t bat an eye to trade down for a trey lance level trade. We go from never having first round picks to having multiple for a few years not counting other picks that get thrown in. That could be game changing

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
One team that could be prime trade candidate are the Eagles. If they could trade up and grab one of the top WR they would be unstoppable and they have the draft picks to do it, without mortgaging really aything.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Houston might steal a couple wins yet.

Can we even beat Washington next Thursday?

Easiest game in schedule but it’s on a Thursday which makes it a coin toss. I think that helps us a bit actually not the other way.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
1. RUN to the podium and pick CJ Stroud.
2. Sign 2 starting Oline in Free Agency. One must be a center.
3. Sign an actual NFL wide receiver in free agency.
There’s no #1 guys but just get someone who can actually play. Not some upside guy like what they signed this year.
4. Sign a TE in free agency. There will be options.
5. Round two you take the best WR or Oline available.
6. Round three you still take the best WR or Oline.
7. Round four you still take WR or Oline.

(Fuck defense for a year, although there still should be free agency money for a 3 tech)

Start the season with Fields. He will have multiple new starters on offense now and you can actually get a good read on him. If he’s the guy then trade CJ for picks. If Fields isn’t the guy then CJ is waiting to play next year and has an improved supporting cast. If somehow CJ does win the job in camp well then you also have the guy.

This gives you two swings at the QB position AND gives you ample money and picks allocated to supporting the best QB.

2024 rebuild a shattered defense.

By 2025 you have a legit team.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
3 is not a usual place to trade up.

Nobody is jumping up to copy the idiotic thing the 49ers did.

That was a unique situation with 5 legitimate QB prospects. A once a decade occurrence.

One being Bama, one being Ohio St, one passing ten times in college made it hard to evaluate as 3 of the 5 played on teams that could have gone 8-4 or better if they never through a pass all season.

It’s possible only Lawrence turns out.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Oh, Bears are definitely losing to Washington without a doubt. Total trap game.

In terms of the OP question - I'm taking the trade down as of right now. There are so many holes on this team currently, Bears need the capital. If Bryce Young is on the board, they will get 3 firsts imo - you take that shit and run. Give Fields one more season while you build out the roster and if he doesn't work out - you have plenty of Firsts in the bank lol.