Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
This thread is why Chicago fans are considered idiots
Nah, it has been this way every year and was looking bad in that first half (was looking setting records once again bad). I will take credit for that turnaround ?. It was great to see the team put up fight, however there are no moral victories in the NFL.

Best game of the year for the Bears, even in a loss. Kyler Gordon took a big step today and so did Fields.

mecha

Liked Posts:
I think it's amusing people are blaming Eberflus for the defense. when he literally declared when he was hired that he wasn't calling the defense. I likewise don't know who the DC is by name, I think it was something Allen. but even still, this isn't the 2018 Bears personnel playing now. they're a long way away from that.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Jaylon Jones was truly brutal, as is to be expected. He was responsible for many off the third down conversions.

I think with Cousins you have to blitz him more and take your chances. But the Bears jsut don't have a lot of players who you can count on to win one on one matchups consistently.

Gordon looked much better today imo.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
If the McCaskeys were giving the winning numbers to the lottery they’d still find a way to fuck it up.

Nah......profitability-wise, they're 'hitting the lotto, every yr'
Winning product on the field....different story, different book

CAP BOSO

Liked Posts:
We should have hired O’Connell or Daboll. No the Bears know how to F’ it up. We get Eburflus. This franchise is so predictable.
Definitely was big on Dabol because he tailors the offense around the strengths of the best players. He would have done wonders for Fields, but honestly I don’t think he wanted to come here. I think he wanted the NY job.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I think it's amusing people are blaming Eberflus for the defense. when he literally declared when he was hired that he wasn't calling the defense. I likewise don't know who the DC is by name, I think it was something Allen. but even still, this isn't the 2018 Bears personnel playing now. they're a long way away from that.
I watched the game with my Vikings buddy. He laughed his ass off when he realized who the DC was because he was terrible for the Vikings

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I watched the game with my Vikings buddy. He laughed his ass off when he realized who the DC was because he was terrible for the Vikings
They were 10-6 his first season with a defense ranked in the top 15. The 2nd season wasn’t so promising getting Leslie Frazier and his staff fired.

Forty-six

Liked Posts:
When a team cans it's GM and HC you're not a player or two away from winning consistently. Pace left Poles in salary cap hell which limited Poles' ability to make moves this off season to improve the Bears this year. 2022 is a tear down year. 2023 is the beginning of the rebuild. The reality is we're currently a bottom 5 team with the least amount of talent in the division. The Lions have more talent than the Bears even though they were waxed by New England today.

I didn't like the hiring of Eberflus who is a defense side of the ball guy in an NFL that's all about offense. I didn't like Poles drafting defense with his first 2 picks in the draft when the priority should be surrounding Fields with talent. But, you have to give these guys a little bit of time to see if their plan is the right path forward.

It all starts with Poles this off season since he'll have a ton of money to spend in FA and all of the Bears' draft picks. He needs to have an A+ off season and draft. Then it's on Eberflus in 2023 to put a team on the field that is competitive, shows huge growth from this cellar dweller of a year and at least be in the conversation for the playoffs. By the middle of the 2023 season if those things haven't happened we then can rip these guys as fools.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
And promote williams/getsy? ?

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I get what you’re saying but at some point the blame falls on his shoulders does it not?

Eventually, when he has a roster worthy of it.

Let me put it to you this way.

If I made you an NBA head coach, and then gave you a guy off the bench and a bunch of D-League players as your starters, would it be realistic to then hold you accountable when you go 4-78 that season and call for your firing?

That would be stupid and insane.

The Bears have a roster that is near the equivalent of that. They appear to be well-coached but just undermanned compared to the rest of the league, which is why they are getting beat and getting their asses kicked. That the games are even THIS CLOSE is a testament to the GOOD coaching going on.

IF the roster situation were different, and we were still getting these results, THEN yes, full accountability.

But the Bears for all intents and purposes are an EXPANSION team right now in terms of talent level. You have to give them time to build up the roster. Next year, they have all their draft picks and a metric ton of cap space - reserve all judgement for THEN.

This season is just try outs for who is going to be with the team long term - that's literally it...

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
Alan Williams has 22 years experience in the NFL and I think a decade in coaching before that if I remember right a solid hire and I don't think the defences struggles are because bad play calling its more the line is weak and they don't get enough pressure because talent

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Alan Williams has 22 years experience in the NFL and I think a decade in coaching before that if I remember right a solid hire and I don't think the defences struggles are because bad play calling its more the line is weak and they don't get enough pressure because talent
I think there is no inside DL pressure. The outside pressure is fine , the bears do need a Stud 3T DT and a run stopper who can occasionally pass rush.

Bust

Liked Posts:
They looked much better today. Pay attention.

for a half.

name of the game is consistency. If the bears can't outplay the lowly washington commanders on thursday it's going to be a top 5 pick season.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Eventually, when he has a roster worthy of it.

Let me put it to you this way.

If I made you an NBA head coach, and then gave you a guy off the bench and a bunch of D-League players as your starters, would it be realistic to then hold you accountable when you go 4-78 that season and call for your firing?

That would be stupid and insane.

The Bears have a roster that is near the equivalent of that. They appear to be well-coached but just undermanned compared to the rest of the league, which is why they are getting beat and getting their asses kicked. That the games are even THIS CLOSE is a testament to the GOOD coaching going on.

IF the roster situation were different, and we were still getting these results, THEN yes, full accountability.

But the Bears for all intents and purposes are an EXPANSION team right now in terms of talent level. You have to give them time to build up the roster. Next year, they have all their draft picks the kids and a metric ton of cap space - reserve all judgement for THEN.

This season is just try outs for who is going to be with the team long term - that's literally it...
This is not expansion level talent. Quit saying that

Nuremberg Bear

Liked Posts:
I like the staff so far, just because of how the team is fighting and not take some bullshit penalties. Was there already a personal (unnecessary roughness) foul?

What they need to change is the Teven situation and make some in game adjustments faster. I mean, they know what to do but they have to do it earlier. It cannot be that Minnesota makes three drives exactly the same or Giants bootlegs, options plays last week. Just to come out 2nd half and handle its like real pros.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He's doing exactly what he should be doing.... Making the team look competitive while securing the higher draft position.

Glad to see he took the foot off the gas in the second half. We almost won that one! lol

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Another horrible wasted hire. This is embarrassing.
Not a good look 52 minutes into game 5 of his first season lol.

I don't mind either of these calls, one or the other not both. Going for 2 points on that first drive in the 3rd qtr coming out of halftime, I thought it was way too early to do that but understand the aggressiveness. The following up that with an onside kick attempt was a head scratcher.