Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Discuss all things Bulls regular season here. Individual IGTs will be created and then merged in here after the game's conclusion.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Can we also discuss the preseason here? I'd rather give you the views.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
P-Will is a 3-D prospect with only deep 2 trusted range at this stage. Thoughts?

The deep 2 is analytically improved with Andre Drummond or Dennis Rodman on the floor. Thoughts?

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
@knoxville7 please continue the Williams discussion here.
Well damn, I already responded in the other thread before I seent this lol

From other thread -

I’m not saying I see him becoming an all NBA type player, but I see a guy that has a really nice outside shot, plays defense, and is still what, like 20 years old?

He’s not going to get the shot opportunities on a roster with ZL, DD, and Vuc though. So he’s not going to be a 20ppg type scorer or anything like that.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats

From other thread -

I’m not saying I see him becoming an all NBA type player, but I see a guy that has a really nice outside shot, plays defense, and is still what, like 20 years old?

He’s not going to get the shot opportunities on a roster with ZL, DD, and Vuc though. So he’s not going to be a 20ppg type scorer or anything like that.
See that's the thing, I actually think they're going to be looking for him a lot this year. AKME have a lot riding on him as well. Billy D somewhat as well. So I think they're going to try and feed him the ball a bit more. I think he's a good defender as well, though some of the advanced metrics say otherwise (but those always lie). My thing is this: he needs to be a threat to score. Anytime he's on the floor. And he far too often defers to veterans. I don't know what that is, but I need a little more aggression out of him.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
See that's the thing, I actually think they're going to be looking for him a lot this year. AKME have a lot riding on him as well. Billy D somewhat as well. So I think they're going to try and feed him the ball a bit more. I think he's a good defender as well, though some of the advanced metrics say otherwise (but those always lie). My thing is this: he needs to be a threat to score. Anytime he's on the floor. And he far too often defers to veterans. I don't know what that is, but I need a little more aggression out of him.
Agreed on everything you said. The issue is I don’t see the big 3 on the bulls deferring to the kid. And PWill certainly doesn’t seem like the type to “take” it.

The one way I could see him getting more opportunities on offense is in the short spurts when 2/3 of the top scorers are on the bench. Those are the moments I’ll be hoping to see him get more assertive.

I also think Dalen Terry will be a good influence on PWill and will be a formidable tandem when on the court together.

I know PWill is going to be starting, but I’d like to see BD use his rotations in a way that allows PWill to get some run against other teams backups. Find him some success early in the season and build up the confidence

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:

From other thread -

He had those same qualities for the most part when he was drafted at 18 tho, have not seen much if any development in 2 years although the injury was a large setback. So far I have been underwhelmed.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Rotations?!!
What say you?

Just don’t play Dragic-Vuc-Lavine-Simonivec-White

More than 2 at a time.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:

From other thread -

But can he come through when vuc is having one of his off nights?

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
He had those same qualities for the most part when he was drafted at 18 tho, have not seen much if any development in 2 years although the injury was a large setback. So far I have been underwhelmed.
Yes he did. And so far all we have really seen is an 18/19 year old rookie play. As you mentioned last year was basically wiped out. So, he basically a 20 year old 2nd year player. He wouldn’t be the first to take a bit to figure out the NBA game

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I believe that job falls more so to ZL and DD.

I’m not sure why people think PWill is going to suddenly get more opportunities to “come through,” when the roster is same.

Like PWill is still coming after about 4 or 5 guys in the pecking order so to speak

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I think Drummond can because Drummond is an excellent matchup against the type of guys Vuc can’t handle.

I think Vuc and Drummond will be an excellent tandom and their deployment end up situational.

Vuc won’t have to be so careful about fouls. He won’t be exhausted, lose his legs and be unable to shoot. Not just from 35 minutes…but the season long attrition of what we asked of him last year obviously effected his game.

The depth really shined last night. Asking less of DeRozan probably helps us finish the season stronger too, especially if we can get Ball in shape at the right time.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I figure since everyone lost their shit over the defense in the 1st PRESEASON game, I’d go ahead and point out how they held a team under 100 in the 3rd preseason game.

Funny how people only mention the defense when it sucks ass, never give any compliments when it plays well

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I figure since everyone lost their shit over the defense in the 1st PRESEASON game, I’d go ahead and point out how they held a team under 100 in the 3rd preseason game.

Funny how people only mention the defense when it sucks ass, never give any compliments when it plays well
I take absolutely zero stock in preseason beyond how an individual player looks, and even that can be quite deceiving to how a player will look in the regular season (2013-14 Rose for instance).

All in all, My prediction is the team won't improve much over last seasons record, if it all, unless some player takes a leap. They'll have to get used to life without Lonzo as well.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I take absolutely zero stock in preseason beyond how an individual player looks, and even that can be quite deceiving to how a player will look in the regular season (2013-14 Rose for instance).

All in all, My prediction is the team won't improve much over last seasons record, if it all, unless some player takes a leap. They'll have to get used to life without Lonzo as well.
You may not, however it seems like 90% of CCS that frequents the bulls board does

Go peep the preseason thread if you don’t believe me

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
You may not, however it seems like 90% of CCS that frequents the bulls board does

Go peep the preseason thread if you don’t believe me

I don’t put a lot of stock in preseason but at the same time, it’s not like this team deserves the benefit of the doubt. Their last 40ish games last season were not good (being nice) defensively. I’ll need to see a long string of plus games for me to be sold on anything else…and against legit playoff teams, not bottom feeders